Changes to the Google Map are horrible

jkjswv

:unsure::o I dont know about anyone else but some fellow cachers and I have been having some horrible problems with the new google map setup. First it doesnt download the cache as a cache but rather a waypoint, which doesnt allow you to see the name of the cache. Its constantly is locking up. I didnt see anything about this change posted or sent to me. I pay a membership to help out the community and recieve soem small perks. I'm quite upset that this change was made without any notice. ;)

I regularly use the maps to find caches, but I can't do that now. The area where I am just doesn't have that many caches, and the new map layout won't show me ANY caches unless I zoom down to smaller than 15 miles. When I do that, no caches are within my search area. It's about like a drunk stumbling around in the dark to find something on these new maps.

I regularly use the maps to find caches, but I can't do that now. The area where I am just doesn't have that many caches, and the new map layout won't show me ANY caches unless I zoom down to smaller than 15 miles. When I do that, no caches are within my search area. It's about like a drunk stumbling around in the dark to find something on these new maps.

I agree. What happened to the feature where one could manipulate the map with the arrows and see all the caches along a route? I used that frequently to plot out my cache hunting on family trips. Can someone help me? What happened? :blink:

:blink: I too use Goggle map to route my course. I will pick a area or a road i want to cache on . Then use the map to see how many caches are on that road. Its quick and easy for a few last minute caches. Now it just loads one find then locks up. . Is there anyone we can email to express our concerns?

I too am disappointed in the new map. At first it looked like an improvement, but then when I found out the download straight to GPS were waypoints, that was a big negative. Also, the popup cache display doesn't match what is centered on the page, so if you try to do a screen capture of the map and the list, it is hit or miss if you can get anything. A layer with the GC number listed would be of help. Please fix the download as I've gone from a one step approach to back to downloading the gpx or loc and then uploading it.

:blink: I like the new map, it works a little different, but it’s larger and will do the same things. I don’t know what the other person was saying about finding caches along a route, it still does that for me. All in all, great job… I like the new map :blink:

What a mess, trying to figure out what is going on with this Google Map. We have been having some horrible problems with the new google map setup. First, why does it download the cache as a waypoint, which doesnt allow you to see the name of the cache. Even when I don't use the map feature it still downloads them as waypoints. Then after I download a few, the whole thing locks up! WHAT A PAIN! Was there anything about this change posted or someway to reverse it! I want YAHOO back, we pay for our membership and should be able to make the choice about changes to map programs . I am upset, because the amount of time it took for us to download caches and then get on the road just to find out they were waypoints was very upsetting. Just give us the choice!!! :blink: