Caching Native Florida - Caching Native Florida - Coins are in and shipping!

MommyFinder

Well, it had to happen! I've been in geocaching for a little over 2 years, and in these forums for a year and a half. I've admired many of the wonderful coin designs out there, and I've even bought a few (ok, quite a few)! I've had my own design floating around in my head for about a year now, and I finally decided it was time to bite the bullet, and put my design in metal. The ideas were mine, and Jamie at MadHatter's and Chris at Landsharkz have implemented them quite well (Chris actually added a couple little features - he's so creative)!

The back of the coin reads "Florida Native Cachers Caching Native Florida". Wanna know what the heck that means? Well, we're a family of native-born Floridians (GrouchMark is 3rd generation - a rare breed, indeed). And our favorite type of caching is long hikes out in the wilds of Florida. (Yes, we actually have "wilds" here, not just Daytona Beach and Disney World!) The back also has our geo-signatures, not just typed, but our actual signatures. When ToriExplorer wrote her name with a little heart after it, ConnorCacher just had to have something after his name. Thus, the star. Our geo-pups have also signed the coin!

On the front of the coin is a common scene in Florida, especially along the Indian River and in Turkey Creek Sanctuary (both near my home), where you can always find great blue herons, and if you're lucky, you'll get to see a manatee or two. The tree in the background is a red mangrove. Mangroves are a very important part of Florida ecology. They thrown down prop roots, which grab onto the soil and help prevent erosion. The prop roots also provide homes and shelter for many smaller creatures.

The front will be 3D, all metal. The back will be either hard or soft enamel, depending on how the samples turn out. My favorite metals are antique gold, antique copper and antique silver, so those are likely candidates, though again, that will depend on the samples. The coins will be 42mm (1.65 inches) and 3.5mm thick. The plan is to mint 250, and they will be trackable with a unique icon (a manatee, I think).

I'm not taking orders just yet. Just wanted to gauge interest in my coin. We're waiting on the artwork from the mint, so it'll be a couple of months before they're available, hopefully near the beginning of December. My plan is to start taking "orders" as soon as the samples are in and the metals have been selected. Then, when the coins are enroute to me, I'll start sending out invoices, to get a little jump on the packaging, so I can ship as quickly as possible. No prepayments will be requested.

Oh, guess this is important, too! Cost of the coins will be $9.25 each, $2.00 shipping to US/Canada for the first coin, 50 cents each additional coin, and $3.25 outside US/Canada, and 50 cents each additional coin. The coins will also be available thru Landsharkz.

I hope to have a small number of coins available for trades, but for right now, I'd like to find out the general interest in purchasing my coin! I hope everyone likes it!

coin-for-posting2.jpg

Edited by MommyFinder

The samples are in and I think they look really cool! I'm so excited! I like all 3 metals, so I'm ordering some of each. They will all be in soft enamel, since the signatures and manatee, and especially the puppy dog prints really pop out in the soft enamel.

I set up an order form to Reserve your coins

Here are the details:

Quantity minted:

100 - Antique Gold

75 - Antique Copper

75 - Antique Silver

3D front, soft enamel back

Trackable with icon (a manatee, I believe)

Cost: $9.25 each

Shipping to US/Canada: $2.00 first coin, 50 cents each additional

Shipping outside US/Canada: $3.25 first coin, 50 cents each additional

(will combine shipping for international orders, if requested)

Landsharkz will also have some available in their shop.

Coins are expected during the second week of December (just in time for Christmas presents)!

Invoices will be sent when coins are enroute to me (so I can get a jump on packaging).

EDI-00179-1.JPG

EDI-00179-2.JPG

(In case you're wondering, if you look closely at the second picture, you can see the "trackable at ...." around the edge of the coins!)

Edited by MommyFinder

Whoo hoo! Just got notice, my coins are on their way to me right now! I should have them in hand by next Friday. I'll start sending out invoices on Sunday night, so I can get some of the packaging ready to ship as soon as they arrive! Thank you to all who have ordered!

I still have some left. Anyone interested can order here: Order Coins

:anicute:

Edited by MommyFinder

Been offline for a few days, so I just wanted to post an update. Friday I was able to track down which fedex office my coins were stuck at, and I rescued them! All paid orders have been shipped! :D I have a couple of outstanding invoices, I will send out reminders later today. Anyone else interested in purchasing my coins can use the order form, or just contact me directly through my profile. Thank you again to all who have ordered!

:blink:

Been offline for a few days, so I just wanted to post an update. Friday I was able to track down which fedex office my coins were stuck at, and I rescued them! All paid orders have been shipped! :D I have a couple of outstanding invoices, I will send out reminders later today. Anyone else interested in purchasing my coins can use the order form, or just contact me directly through my profile. Thank you again to all who have ordered!

I am almost positive I filled out a reservation form, but I didn't get an invoice. I sent you an email and I filled out the reservation form again.

Thanks!

I am almost positive I filled out a reservation form, but I didn't get an invoice. I sent you an email and I filled out the reservation form again.

Thanks!

Email reply sent! :blink:

:ph34r:

Thanks!

I still didn't get your email :blink: I dont know why, I have never had problems with my email before... I am sending you an alternate email address to try.

:ph34r:

Thanks!

I still didn't get your email :blink: I dont know why, I have never had problems with my email before... I am sending you an alternate email address to try.

Alternate email sent!