Loading Geocaches into 60 CSx

For it to show up as a geocache, it needs to have the closed treasure chest as its symbol (or whatever you've selected as the symbol for a geocache). It may be that TPTB accidentally messed up the download script. You should report it on the website forum if there isn't a thread there already. In the meantime, you can fix the ones you've downloaded by changing the symbol.

I don't think it has anything to do with the icon. The problem is something has changed on Geocaching.com. I use the send to GPS plugin to download the caches to my 60CSx and it has always worked fine until recently. Now they show up as waypoints and don't contain the same information in the notes field.

EDIT: Related thread: http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=173730

Edited by kd4crs

I do have the same problem with my 76CSX, and I'm pretty sure it's started when I got asked to "update" the communication plugin a few weeks ago. Changing the symbol from a waypoint blue flag as it downloads, to a treasure chest is only a patch. You still don't have any info on the cache as you used to...

This is the second time this problem has plauged me........ about three weeks ago it happened and I called Garmin and asked if there was a setting on my 60CSx to change and there is NOT. They told me it has to do with the software at geocaching.com. About an hour later it chaged back to the correct geocache symbol and the name became visible again too. Now about three weeks later here we are again..... I put in a trouble ticket and GC just e-mailed me and told me to hang tight and brouse the forums..... they were looking into it.

It's hard not having a GREAT TOOL that you are use to using and then it just goes away. It's a pain to change the icon to the closed treasure chest, bbut it is the only thing to do for finding the next closest cache to you location after a FIND......... cache on

I am a newbie and I thought I was making a mistake with my Garmin 60CSx.

This problem was driving me crazy since all previous caches were downloaded properly. As all of you are experiencing, they download as waypoints.

I sure hope this gets fixed as it makes it much more difficult to identify the caches on the Garmin.

I believe at this point, the recommended solution is to download caches from the Geocaching.com site instead of the Garmin site. Raine has informed Garmin of the glitch, and they apparently are "workin' on it" but no ETA for getting it fixed. As a premium member, you may want to try Pocket Queries and GSAK as an alternative.

I recently also wrote to Garmin on this issue and this is their response:

Thank you for contacting Garmin International,

I'd be happy to help you. This is actually a problem with the

geocache.com website and they are aware of the problem and working on

it. You haven't done anything. Hopefully, it will be resolved soon.

Please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with.

When i try to send my pq to the 60cs. It say's gps not connected.

I had the same problem - try either downloading the new plugin that comes up as an option when it says it cant connect OR - i was using mozilla and switched to internet explorer and this fixed the problem straight away. Not sure what browser you are running but it can make a difference.

Hope that helped :P

happy caching

When i try to send my pq to the 60cs. It say's gps not connected.

I had the same problem - try either downloading the new plugin that comes up as an option when it says it cant connect OR - i was using mozilla and switched to internet explorer and this fixed the problem straight away. Not sure what browser you are running but it can make a difference.

I also had this problem, but downloading and installing the new plugin did not help in Firefox, IE7 or Netscape Navigator. Garmin told me that I first had to uninstall Garmin Comminicator, but I couldn't do this because each time I tried to uninstall, I got an error message that due to a missing file, the uninstall would not proceed. After restarting my computer a few times, I was finally able to uninstall then reinstall Garmin Comminicator. Garmin communicator now works, however, the caches are still downloading to Waypoints and not to Geocaches.

David

I believe at this point, the recommended solution is to download caches from the Geocaching.com site instead of the Garmin site. Raine has informed Garmin of the glitch, and they apparently are "workin' on it" but no ETA for getting it fixed. As a premium member, you may want to try Pocket Queries and GSAK as an alternative.

I have the same problem with my Garmin 60CSx. I found that if I download Geocaches from the Garmin website, they show up and work correctly as a geocache. But when I download through the Geocaching.com website, my caches show up as waypoints. What a hassle.

Please get this fixed!! :huh:

I found this thread because I was searching for a solution to the same problem. When I load geocache locations they wind up in my waypoints folder instead of the geocache folder on my Venture Cx. I imagine there are a lot of frustrated geocaching Garmin owners out there right now.

I have tried loading coordinates from https://my.garmin.com/geocaching and the data loads correctly into the geocache folder, so for now I won't be using the geocaching.com site.

Someone must have changed something on geocaching.com. If they now could only return it to the way it was ... like when it worked. I was ready to take my gps back to the store, as I was becoming convinced it was defective. :)

Edited by Tuneland