Multi to Regular

Hi gang

Ok here's my question. I have a multi which was created almost 2 years ago. it's a 3 parter with the first 2 parts being mocro's which seems to go missing quite often, though the final location has always been quite safe.

For this reason I would love the final part to remain as in my opinion it's in a great spot.

Ok I hear you all shout. just archive it and create a new regular, but the problem is this.

After creating my multi someone else placed a regular very close to my final location and I'm sure if I tried to create a new one it would not be allowed as it would then be too close to the other cache location.

So can I change my existing multi to a regular and keep the same cache page and just edit the listing. Hopefully all I need is for the boys at head office to update the co-ords. :unsure:

If you make a new listing, you'll lose the history of course. A Reviewer can amend the type and co-ords for you if you ask one nicely.

Archiving the old multi cache and putting a 'new' trad in at the final location is also perfectly possible. The 0.1m 'rule' only applies to current caches, not ones that have been archived.

Shame, I never got to finish that one. :unsure:;)

With the proximity issue it may be best to keep it as a multi but just have one micro instead of several. That way you won't have to do much at all, just get a well hidden micro or find a permanent feature you could use to obtain co-ords from. :o

Maybe you could change the style/type of micro. I've done one multi where the first stage was just a disc magnet, about the size of a 2p piece, with a number written on one side, this was stuck to a gate hinge and and was impossible to see even if you were looking straight at it. Alternatively could you make the first stage collecting a number from a nearby post/sign/telegraph pole etc.

As has been said, you can't change the type but a reviewer can :blink:

However, you have now highlighted a problem which demonstrates quite nicely why Additional Waypoints are a useful tool for the reviewers. I suspect your multi, being an old one, might not have the intermediate and final locations as AW's. This means that when the new cache came along there was nothing to indicate to us that a proximity problem existed. If you had added the AW's then the new cache wouldn't have been allowed to interfere with yours. Of course not knowing which cache is involved this could be a "Red Herring" :blink: and if so I apologise.

I leave it to you to decide what to do but a quiet e-mail to me might work wonders in this particular case!!

Edited by Lactodorum