"Goat"?

Jackalgirl

mmm, firefox.

Goat is just a recent trend/fad/funny that gets rolled out there and sometimes snowballs. Give it a couple weeks and it'll be something else.

The long staying ones are llamas, hamsters, frogs and on occasion, ponies.

For example if you mentioned purple monkey dishwasher, others will pick up on it and start using it where ever they can.

Edited by BlueDeuce

I'll quote the end of the famous fable:

Trip, trap, trip, trap, trip, trap! went the bridge, for the billy goat was so heavy that the bridge creaked and groaned under him.

"Who's that tramping over my bridge?" roared the troll.

"It's I! The big Billy Goat Gruff ," said the billy goat, who had an ugly hoarse voice of his own.

"Now I 'm coming to gobble you up," roared the troll.

Well, come along! I've got two spears,

And I'll poke your eyeballs out at your ears;

I've got besides two curling-stones,

And I'll crush you to bits, body and bones.

That was what the big billy goat said. And then he flew at the troll, and poked his eyes out with his horns, and crushed him to bits, body and bones, and tossed him out into the cascade, and after that he went up to the hillside.

So to this day, trolls do not like goats.... :unsure:

Edited by TrailGators

Nice, TG. Goat up the thread, why don't cha? :unsure:

No, "goat" is just one of several inside jokes that pretty much anybody can be in on, if they are paying attention. If you stick around, you'll start noticing many such juvenile clever behaviors that clearly demonstrate our our overall lack of maturity sophisticated sense of humor.

It's the type of thing that separates us from the purple monkey dishwashers apes.

geez, took you guys long enough to make the obvious jokes.

As the work wife would say ... Shut it.

:unsure: I'm in a four person cube in a giant room full of cubes. Somedays I feel like a prariedog when I stand up and see several other heads around the room popping up from their cubes.

Yep.

We probably should move this over the the off-topic forum.

8d13b161-fb5a-4ba7-8208-25c39f4bdfab.jpg

Justask any Navy Chief what a GOAT is.

Well -- huh -- I do know that one. ; )

Thanks for the responses, everyone -- I have a better understanding of what it means (even though you all are maddeningly vague). : )

Sorry about the vague.

Serious answer: the goat references started in this topic, and then wimseyguy spun off this topic, which eventually got moved to the Off Topic forum. All the rest is just follow-up to those topics.

:unsure:

Except the OP isn't a Premium Member, so wouldn't be able to follow the discussion over there.

But if the OP just asks, a moderator will close topic and we can carry on the goat discussions elsewhere. :unsure:

You know what my cube wife would say about goats?

Baaaaa means NO.

I think we could take the topic drift to another thread.

edit: missing word.

Edited by BlueDeuce

mmm, firefox.

Goat is just a recent trend/fad/funny that gets rolled out there and sometimes snowballs. Give it a couple weeks and it'll be something else.

The long staying ones are llamas, hamsters, frogs and on occasion, ponies.

For example if you mentioned purple monkey dishwasher, others will pick up on it and start using it where ever they can.

What about yellow kissing llamas?

Nice, TG. Goat up the thread, why don't cha? :blink:

No, "goat" is just one of several inside jokes that pretty much anybody can be in on, if they are paying attention. If you stick around, you'll start noticing many such juvenile clever behaviors that clearly demonstrate our our overall lack of maturity sophisticated sense of humor.

It's the type of thing that separates us from the purple monkey dishwashers apes.

I think that blue squirrel sounds better!

Except the OP isn't a Premium Member, so wouldn't be able to follow the discussion over there.

But if the OP just asks, a moderator will close topic and we can carry on the goat discussions elsewhere. :blink:

So is the OT forum a PM feature only? :blink: We never realised! Is it good? Should we go visit??

Well, considering that when some people visit OT land they end up doing things like - frolicking in the warm sunshine, counting cheese, chating in the cheers bar, accepting food offered by the pig, writing haiku, looking out the front door, falling deeply ensmittened with llamas, and many other things.

For some reason they end up considering the caching forums the Dark Side.

I've never really understood why that is. :D

oh well.

Edited by BlueDeuce