Yesterday is Today

Viajero Perdido

I haven't seen this before. On the search results page (eg, nearest caches, PQ preview, etc.), I see a handful of caches with "Today" in the Last Found column. That catches my eye because it's only 9:30AM local time (Mountain); somebody must be up really early. But no, when I look at the cache page, I see the last find was not today but yesterday.

This is happening consistently with the newer version of GC.com (the "verbose title" edition).

Stopped by to report the same thing. Evidently the GC clock needs to be changed?

I haven't seen this before. On the search results page (eg, nearest caches, PQ preview, etc.), I see a handful of caches with "Today" in the Last Found column. That catches my eye because it's only 9:30AM local time (Mountain); somebody must be up really early. But no, when I look at the cache page, I see the last find was not today but yesterday.

This is happening consistently with the newer version of GC.com (the "verbose title" edition).

Edited by SquamLoon

I like your name for the new site . . . :unsure: I wonder whose idea it was that we needed all that unnecessary information in the title . . . :o

I also noticed this for a couple of my caches that were found yesterday but in the PQ Preview it says "Today." ;)

So I'm wondering if it's just me, or if everyone's still having this problem.

Again, the issue: where I live, at least, the search results on the Geocaching.com "Seek Geocache" page are giving the wrong date. The caches found Yesterday say they were found Today.

Is there another discussion of this somewhere that I just haven't seen? The issue's been going on for quite some time now.

Edited by SquamLoon

I believe that this issue is currently being worked on the GC tech team. I emailed them about the profile calendar being out of sorts and they emailed back the following...

Hello,

Thank you for writing us. At this time, this feature does have some bugs and we are aware of them. Our development team is looking into it. In the meantime, you may wish to consult our forums.

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showforum=8

Groundspeak, Inc.

Haven't looked today to see what's going on but i know that the time seemed to be off by 12 hours. Saying this because i have witnessed a cache's "last found" status change from "today" to "yesterday" when the clock struck 1200 hours pacific time. You would think this was a simple thing to fix but this issue has gone unresolved for awhile now.

I know this is crazy thinking but it almost makes me want to think that Magellan has bought out Groundspeak or something? :anicute:-_-:lol:

I think I know why Yesterday is Today!

I'll bet Signal crossed backwards through the International Date Line and messed with the time flux. Nate is waiting for him to come back. It's going to be a while though, Signal has dad's credit card and two dancing girls (not dad's). Jeremy just shakes his head and says, "What's a parent to do?" Or sometimes he just gives a sly smile and says, "Boys will be boys!"

Stay tuned for more updates on the progress of getting Signal back into real time. And just hope he and the girls don't cross back over to one of the other beautiful islands for a days stay thereby temporarily restoring sanity to the time continuum only to have it revert later. :D

Pics to follow! :D

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Edited by DeRock & The Psychic Cacher

I think I know why Yesterday is Today!

I'll bet Signal crossed backwards through the International Date Line and messed with the time flux. Nate is waiting for him to come back. It's going to be a while though, Signal has dad's credit card and two dancing girls (not dad's). Jeremy just shakes his head and says, "What's a parent to do?" Or sometimes he just gives a sly smile and says, "Boys will be boys!"

Stay tuned for more updates on the progress of getting Signal back into real time. And just hope he and the girls don't cross back over to one of the other beautiful islands for a days stay thereby temporarily restoring sanity to the time continuum only to have it revert later. :)

Pics to follow! :(

Deane

AKA: DeRock & the Psychic Cacher - Grattan MI

Nate must be pulling his hair out because Signal is going strong!

Signal - You Da Man!

signal2-1.jpg

"The Liberator" works his magic

signal4-1.jpg