cachingnow.com

BurkC

I was afraid this was going to be a competitive data base, and am relieved that it is not.

It appears to be a good collection of articles and resources. You will recognize several of the regulars from this forum among its contributors, actually most of its inmitial contributors outside the Berntsen company itself.

You will recognize several of the regulars from this forum among its contributors, actually most of its inmitial contributors outside the Berntsen company itself.

And not just initially. Other than Rhonda's column (for those who don't know, she's the president of Berntsen International), the articles will be coming from geocachers, benchmark hunters, and professional surveyors.

Patty

Edited by Wintertime

Caching Now should be valuable resource for many GPS related hobbies, and especially Benchmark Hunting. Be sure to check out the aptly named "Resources" section, which Patty put together with help from various folks whose "handles" you would recognize from this forum. I was pleased to be able to contribute an article, and had fun writing it. Thanks for giving us a great spot to express ourselves and share with our friends, Rhonda!

NOW HEAR THIS: More articles are needed! I've got a few more ideas, but not much time these days. It's someone else's turn, please? The "GeoTech" section is just what it sounds like, a little "Geo" and a little "Tech".

Patty (Wintertime) will be happy to hear from anyone with ideas and the will & time to do a little writing. No prior experience needed. Heck, some of the "story" type posts on here (like PapaBear's, for just one example) are practically ready to go!

Klemmer

The GEO* adventures of a Tech.

Hey I'm GEO* and a Certified Tech.

Maybe some of the Great Adventures along the Lewis and Clark Trail.

I could write some awesome stories.

After just visiting Monticello & the beginnings of the journey there, I'm ready for those stories!

(For anyone traveling through or near Charlottesville VA -

the Corps of Discovery 200th Anniversary Cache is a must-see stop on your journey!)

Publish them as a journal... month by month... with photos, I hope?

17cce15d-1466-4005-9de7-7a251e1d4f38.jpg

Of course there is a series of geocaches and Geocaching events that mirror the journey.

I have not got around to writing the journal.

It all began with "The Call".

That means I was mirroring the whole journey to the day in most places.

Thanks to DAVED,CASEY,Steve Randall,and the host of others along the way.

It still amazes me that I stood in the same place as Lewis and Clark did 200 years later.

My Journey began in 1999 in search of the Famed Initial Point of the Louisiana Purchase.

It took me a while to find it but I did and it is also an NGS Benchmark.

LOUISIANA PURCHASE MONUMENT

We also had an event here called THE STONE.

GCD28A.

This was just before the big hoopla and was glad to see them rebuilding the site.

It had long been neglected.

So the Journey begins off to Monticello,Philadelphia and had to throw in Plymouth Rock.