Slow !

Clyde.

Has anyone else found the geocaching website very slow over the past couple of wks?

Its taking at least 30 secs or so to access any cache or even any page within the website.

It feels like we are getting back to the good ol' days were it took an age to log on etc when the USA woke up!

I've read somewhere about testing a new server but that was a few wks ago and would have expected it to be completed by now...

Maybe TPTB can find out for us poms?

Edited by Clyde.

Has anyone else found the geocaching website very slow over the past couple of wks?

Its taking at least 30 secs or so to access any cache or even any page within the website.

It feels like we are getting back to the good ol' days were it took an age to log on etc when the USA woke up!

I've read somewhere about testing a new server but that was a few wks ago and would have expected it to be completed by now...

Maybe TPTB can find out for us poms?

Still running very slow, and am not sure whether it is a day behind as well, as it is showing some finds as being logged today, when they were in fact logged yesterday. :D

Yeh, I've found that as well. Bonnie and I nabbed a couple of FTFs yesterday but still showing as today ???

Also, when I decrypt the hint (there you go, I've owned up to it :anitongue: ) the whole page seems to reset itself rather than just the hint and then I've gotta wait another 20 secs or so again... :D

Yeh, I've found that as well. Bonnie and I nabbed a couple of FTFs yesterday but still showing as today ???

Also, when I decrypt the hint (there you go, I've owned up to it :anitongue: ) the whole page seems to reset itself rather than just the hint and then I've gotta wait another 20 secs or so again... :D

Yep, that decrpt page refresh is a pain.......along with the other changes they've made.

One problem I came accross on the new style maps is that if you open the 'view cahce listing' link on the right then close it whole google map page freezes and you have to close it. <_< But the website is moving to a new code someone said recently so that probably why its slow. Will probably mean they can include new features so fingers crossed it will work out in the end.

Well its 3am BST and I've finally logged on at last.... :D:D

Come on folks, lets get this sorted please :huh:

Well I can tell you from first hand knowledge that they ARE working on it.

I was at GCHQ in Seattle today and there were a gang of people working on a solution. all overseen by Jeremy pulling his hair out. It seems that a recent upgrade has throw up all sorts of unforeseen problems. But they are trying to fix them ASAP.

I did take the opportunity to lobby for a dedicated EU only server but Jeremy says that is not needed. Once things are fixed, Europe will have a decent service again.

alex

(I fed the hamster)

Edited by SlytherinAlex

The site seems to be a day behind, caches found, for example, yesterday, are shown as today on the right hand side columns. Ones found two days ago are showing as yesterday etc. The actual dates on the logs are ok at the moment. :D

Its not only the site that is slow, me too.!! I posted more or less the same comments 4 days ago ( or was it three?) :D