Geocaching.com Google Maps

Claret Zip

The format for this seems to have changed recently. You used to get little numbered blobs for the caches then a panel on the right that told you their name. It now seems to have symbols for the caches rather than numbered blobs, the symbols giving you an indication of what sort of cache it is. Then when you hover over the symbol you get the name.

I think I prefer it how it used to be, though that could just be me getting used to a new format. If we are going away anywhere on holiday or for a weekend I like to prepare to do a few caches. Usually I print the google map and list of names then the cache listings I am interested in. I am not sure I can do that so easily with the new format given that the cache name will only appear in a tooltip when I hover over it.

The format for this seems to have changed recently. You used to get little numbered blobs for the caches then a panel on the right that told you their name. It now seems to have symbols for the caches rather than numbered blobs, the symbols giving you an indication of what sort of cache it is. Then when you hover over the symbol you get the name.

I think I prefer it how it used to be, though that could just be me getting used to a new format. If we are going away anywhere on holiday or for a weekend I like to prepare to do a few caches. Usually I print the google map and list of names then the cache listings I am interested in. I am not sure I can do that so easily with the new format given that the cache name will only appear in a tooltip when I hover over it.

Some people prefer the new format some don't.

I don't. I think the functionality of the web site over the last few months has declined, I can no longer download .prc file formats to my mobile phone neither can I print off the first 5 or 10 cache logs. We seem to be going backwards.

If you click on the 'show cache listing' link on the right it will bring up the list, but not referenced to the main window with numbers.

I think it's a massive improvement. The one thing that bugs me is the limit of only zooming out to 15 miles, as that doesn't seem to match the Google maps zoom levels very well. I can see why they need to limit the number of caches returned, but it would be better if you could zoom out further, but only have caches within 15 miles of the centrepoint displayed.