Please... Not To Be Sold

Hula Bum

Our 2007 personal coins are trade only.

I would ask they not be sold.

I would especially ask the ones that the girls did in face to face trades not be sold. The girls are out of F2F trade coins, so if you not longer want it then please email us and we will be happy to trade to get it back.

th_07PoSAMSetREBack.jpg th_PoSAM07SetRE.jpg

edit to add some pics :D

Edited by ParentsofSAM

I would especially ask the ones that the girls did in face to face trades not be sold. The girls are out of F2F trade coins, so if you not longer want it then please email us and we will be happy to trade to get it back.

edit to add some pics :D

Those are some real nice coins..

I was just wondering if there is thought to a database of coins with pictures or is this thread it? For myself I really need pictures since I don't know the names of 90% of the coins out there.

There is an XLE NYGO 2007 coin that was made for the NYGO board members as a gift from me. It is an antique gold on antique silver coin. It was NEVER intended to be sold.

XLENYGO2007.jpg

Edited for full disclosure: I sold ONE on ebay as a fund-raiser.

Edited by ATMouse

Mine has never been for sale -- trade only!

joefrog39.jpg

I see one on ebay right now. I was going to try and buy it because it's such a nice coin but then remembered this thread and thought I better just tell you about it in case you wanted to try and win it yourself or talk to the seller. Anyway, just thought I would mention it.

READ THIS ......

I KNOW You hATE PEOPLE TO SALE OF YOUR GEOCOIN .....

BUT I WILL NOT Sale PERIOD !!!!!!!

BUt will trade if i have two but one .. not thank you .

KEEP THIER COIN IF THEY GIVE TO YOU BE PROUD TO BE THEIR OF OWNER !!!!!

Keep me on your list for a trade when you get yours completed. I have a limited amount of coins left for trades :)

Thanks Frozen Buns

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me :) .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there :) ...

edit to add some pics B)

sorry, but the girls aren't getting my set back, i like them too much :laughing:

i've got both the shiny ones and antique ones, enjoyed trading for them

edit to add some pics :P

I have one of the Antique copper ones and wouldn't mind getting the other two to finish off the set some time.

I have never sold my personal Ferreter5 geocoin. Also, so far I have not seen any for sale on ebay -- makes me feel good. <_<

Just anyone TRY to pry that coin outta my hands...!

hiya.gif

Hiya, Mike!!!!

Hi, Mousey. Thanks for the props. Glad you're enjoying the coin!

I have both the NYGO and racoon event coins in my display case. Really like 'em both! :)

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me :D .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there :rolleyes: ...

I saw a Raven and an "Uber Rare Gold OIFGA" on Ebay today...so much for this list.

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me :D .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there :rolleyes: ...

I saw a Raven and an "Uber Rare Gold OIFGA" on Ebay today...so much for this list.

Gee too bad! What goes around, comes around.

:rolleyes:

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me :rolleyes: .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there :D ...

Which does bring up the question: If you don't honor someone elses request to not sell their coin...should you still expect your request to be taken seriously for your own coins to be on the do not sell list?

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me :rolleyes: .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there :D ...

Which does bring up the question: If you don't honor someone elses request to not sell their coin...should you still expect your request to be taken seriously for your own coins to be on the do not sell list?

Given the situation, some people shouldn't be taken serious no matter what. Some peoples word is as reliable as a wet noodle.

I would say no.

Given the situation, some people shouldn't be taken serious no matter what. Some peoples word is as reliable as a wet noodle.

Like selling a Moun10 Bike coin on ebay? ;)

People will do what they want and given that circumstances change, people lose interest in coins, get upset at somebody or feel they need to sell to pay a hefty bill, just like the thread topic says, it's a request not to sell, and nothing more. It's nice to see people adhering to a fellow coiners appeal but in the end there will always be disagreement.

Thanks for the informative thread, back on topic:

avroair 4musketeer coin is trade only, haven't sold any to date

I have never sold my coins or even considered selling my personal geocoins. So to those of you who have a CS coin sell to your hearts content. Bottom line is its not me selling the coin.

My personal geocoin, Cav Scout and the Cav Scout Raven have never been for sale and never will be for sale by me. I used to trade but no longer choose that option. Only found in caches or given away by me ;) .

The Gold OIFGA geocoin was created for combat vets only and will remain that way, however there are a few bad monkeys out there is'nt there ;) ...

Edited by Cav Scout

My coin will never be sold by me and only traded in person (except with friends in Canada and overseas). They will probably be activated.

2020f614-7fcf-42e9-b0c9-1dd351fb4988.jpg

252c927a-f4da-4742-8954-af7488b21c97.jpg

WOW JED!!! Those are AWESOME!! I'd LOVE to get one of those beauties, not sure I have anything left to trade though (the few I did have were stolen yesterday). Not sure when I'll ever be around your area (but am sure to see you at the MWGB...if you STILL have them then), but I'll be CERTAIN to let you know if I am!!

Great coin indeed! I really like this one!

there is now a trade only category on both the www.trackablecoin.com wiki and the http://untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com wiki in addition to just describing your coin as trade only the coins page, the category page will list all the coins so tagged in one place viz.

http://trackablecoins.com/index.php?title=...gory:Trade_Only

If you take care to list your coins there and tag them properly the google search engine is reliable at bringing the coins up on a random search high on the list on first page

there is now a trade only category on both the www.trackablecoin.com wiki and the http://untrackablegeocoins.wetpaint.com wiki in addition to just describing your coin as trade only the coins page, the category page will list all the coins so tagged in one place viz.

If you take care to list your coins there and tag them properly the google search engine is reliable at bringing the coins up on a random search high on the list on first page

I had forgotten about this thread. An interesting read.

If the coin was for sale then, i think any can be sold. Seems silly to distinguish between a metal that was sold to fund a metal that was 'trade only'

1.we are supposed to debate on another thread to keep the thread uncluttered - this is just for owners to express their wishes see OP please

2. imho the whole coin collecting thing is silly! But it's really splitting hairs if the designer makes his money from minting coins - all their coins would be funded by other coin sales! The silver koala was initially purely a gift like a geocoin fairy coin unlike most 'trade only' coins which are derrr traded. Actually i strongly suspect majority of mystery coins are sales funded.

back to the topic :unsure:

Edited by forthferalz

If the coin was for sale then, i think any can be sold. Seems silly to distinguish between a metal that was sold to fund a metal that was 'trade only'

1.we are supposed to debate on another thread to keep the thread uncluttered - this is just for owners to express their wishes see OP please

2. imho the whole coin collecting thing is silly! But it's really splitting hairs if the designer makes his money from minting coins - all their coins would be funded by other coin sales! The silver koala was initially purely a gift like a geocoin fairy coin unlike most 'trade only' coins which are derrr traded. Actually i strongly suspect majority of mystery coins are sales funded.

back to the topic :unsure:

The difference between the silver koala and the Geocoin Fairy is that the Koala was given out to customers who purchased other metals of the koala coin. So I see it as more of a promotional item. A very cool promotional item, but a promotional item nonetheless.

back to the topic ;)

The difference between the silver koala and the Geocoin Fairy is that the Koala was given out to customers who purchased other metals of the koala coin. So I see it as more of a promotional item. A very cool promotional item, but a promotional item nonetheless.

The other difference is the geocoin fairy was self funded twice until people began selling them, THEN a version was made to recoup the investment.

good lists! amazing though, the coins on there that are listed as trade only that i see regularly on ebay.

i think the "trade only" thing gets lost after a coin has traded hands a couple of times. i.e. i didn't know the nero coins were trade only.

rsg

Should anyone sell mystery coins or any personal coins given by the owner? If the person who GAVE you a coin and do not wish to see their coin sold, what should you do?

There are many people who gift their coins to someone who really want one. Sometimes their coins are placed in caches for someone to find. But sometimes the giver does not want their coin to be sold. What can be done to prevent the coin being sold if the person whishes the coin should not be sold? What can the current owner do if they loose interest in geocaching and/or geocoins?

Here are several options that person may do:

1) The most important is to bookmark a reference to coins that are not to be sold. Since it is difficult to keep a hard copy of there coins, refer to this thread - Please...Not To Be Sold

2) Contact the original owner of the personal or mystery coin to ask what should be done with the coin.

3) If the coin is trackable and activated you could release it. If the coin is unactivated , activate it and release it. If you are no longer interested in Geocaching adopt it to someone and drop it into a cache. Go here for that option but make sure the giver would agree with it. Pay It Forward Geocoin Adoptions thread and ask someone to adopt it. To adopt a coin out go to Geocoin/Geocache Adoptions and enter the number on the left side of the coin description page and the geocachers name.

4) If you are not sure what to do, keep personal/mystery coins separate from everything else. Always check with the original giver whether the coin is trackable or not.

5) If a nontrackable or mystery coin was mailed to you, offer to mail it back!

Keep your word just because someone gave the coin to you and wishes the coin not be sold. If you have a personal or mystery coin that is in question always do some research Find out what should be done with the mystery coin if the mystery coiner does not specify what should be done, the same with personal coins.

If someone gave you a coin rather than sell it, remember it is special. I myself would never give away (or trade) my personal coin with someone who would turn around and make a profit. I have also sold several coins that I never knew were not to be sold. But if you made a promise, keep it.

Promises are promises. These are some ways to remain true to your word and the desire of the giver.

If anyone else has suggestions please add their comment. If there are several comments or suggestions for this thread or if it needs rewording please ask to have this thread archived and start another. Maybe a similar thread could be pinned so everyone knows which coins this pertains to, even me.

One last comment. If anyone knows of someone who does not want their coins to be sold, please have them post in this thread or a thread mentioned above. Moun10bike should post somewhere that he does not want his coins sold. Everyone does not know about what to sell or not sell.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

Also remember that once you let go of something, you lose control over what happens to it. People lose interest, and decide to stop collecting and sell the collection. Many people don't even visit these forums to read those threads. Some visit the forums for a while and leave. We've seen many threads where people were forced to sell their own collections, that they didn't want to part with, to handle a financial crisis at home. You can kindly request this, but you cannot have control over something you let go of. The most you can do is hang on to your own special coins, and admire what you have.

While it's true that once you've given a gift away, what happens to it is out of your hands; it's disrespectful to the person who gave you the gift, to sell it. Just like the recipient can sell the gift if they want, the giver can lose respect for the recipient and choose somebody different for future gifts.

In cases like mystery coins, somebody spent a lot of money to have them minted, expecting nothing in return (not even recognition!) but to put a smile on the faces of recipients. To turn around and sell it for a profit because you know that it's in high demand, is a pretty selfish, unappreciative act. Of course, I'm not talking about honest mistakes here, where somebody who hasn't been around for a long time accidentally sells something he's forgotten the original owner didn't want sold. Things happen.

As far as my own go, I leave a note with the Copper ones I drop in caches that says please don't sell this. In most cases, I haven't traded anything for it (of about 20 I've left so far I took something once) and although it would be nice of the next finder to leave something to contribute to the cache in a positive way; I'm not expecting it to occur. I've left it as a gift and the cache is no worse off swag-wise than before I found it if the next person doesn't leave anything (I do wish they'd start mentioning the coins in their logs, however! I'd like to know who takes them, where they end up, but that's another topic for another thread..)

I don't ask anything of traders b/c I'm getting something in exchange for it, I might as well be selling it, I'm just being paid in another coin instead of money.

Gifts, I'd prefer not to see sold, it's disrespectful to the spirit of the gift. But of course, there's nothing I can do about it if they are. In most cases, I'll never know since I don't ever go to ebay. But if I found out, you can be sure, I'd think twice about future gifts.

Of course, I also minted a version that is only to be sold. There are 15 of them, and they're fundraiser-only. Those would be the exact opposite. I'd be disappointed to find out they weren't sold!