Please... Not To Be Sold

Hula Bum

Quote(RedShoesGirl)

nice to see you back ...

I will be back in Nevada at the end of the week. Maybe I can make it into California and drop you off another "Gift" in a cache that you can make it to to pick it up. It will be nice to see it fill you collection again. :) Take care.

Edited by joranda

Quote(RedShoesGirl)

nice to see you back ...

I will be back in Nevada at the end of the week. Maybe I can make it into California and drop you off another "Gift" in a cache that you can make it to to pick it up. It will be nice to see it fill you collection again. :( Take care.

aw, you are a doll! i didn't see you come through the last time though. have to meet up half way this time! i am off work until monday next.

lara

To know that others won't have that thrill is very sad because of the greed of a few.

I think the greed lies not with those who sell the mystery coins, but with the people who whine, bitch and moan about not being able to get mystery coins because a few people sell them...those who bash people without knowing the reasons why they sold said coin. Those people would rather dump on a person because they may not get another precious coin than put the person above the hunk of metal.

The avarice of people in that situation is the truly sad thing.

I think the sad thing is when someone tries to profit off of what was given to them. One of the reasons people do not want their coins sold is that they payed a lot of money for those "hunks of metal" and give them to people out of the goodness of their heart. Your attitude is like a slap in the face!

If people want to sell a personal or mystery coin for a profit, maybe they should make their own coin and and see how it goes. But If you can't sell your own coin don't try making a profit off of my coin especially if I do not try to make a profit.

Pay for and sell your own hunks of metal. I will give mine away with whatever attachments I want, donate them to people who need them, whatever I want to do. I ask that they not be sold and that they pass it along if they decide they don't want it, just as I passed it to them. Don't blame me if I paid for something more desirable than yours and I don't want you to profit off of me. Keep your judgment to what you want to do with what you pay for. By the way, I'll sell you a coin for $20 and you can do with it what you want.

Edited by Tennessee Jed
To know that others won't have that thrill is very sad because of the greed of a few.

I think the greed lies not with those who sell the mystery coins, but with the people who whine, bitch and moan about not being able to get mystery coins because a few people sell them...those who bash people without knowing the reasons why they sold said coin. Those people would rather dump on a person because they may not get another precious coin than put the person above the hunk of metal.

The avarice of people in that situation is the truly sad thing.

I think the sad thing is when someone tries to profit off of what was given to them.

So are you making a distinction between someone who has an emergency and failing health and sells them to pay for medical bills or are you just talking about people peddling coins in general.

I think the sad thing is when someone tries to profit off of what was given to them. One of the reasons people do not want their coins sold is that they payed a lot of money for those "hunks of metal" and give them to people out of the goodness of their heart. Your attitude is like a slap in the face!

Why do you make these hunks of metal and give them away in the first place? Is it for your benefit or the person you give it too? See, what you're talking about is not "giving' out of the goodness of your heart but 'lending' out of the goodness of your heart. You're okay with someone having your coin but not owning it - so to me, that isn't giving in the first place.

I guess it's the terms being used that confuse me...giving, gifting, etc.... Doesn't sound like some people are actually giving or gifting coins in the first place then or I just don't understand the terms.

Why do you make these hunks of metal and give them away in the first place? Is it for your benefit or the person you give it too? See, what you're talking about is not "giving' out of the goodness of your heart but 'lending' out of the goodness of your heart. You're okay with someone having your coin but not owning it - so to me, that isn't giving in the first place.

I guess it's the terms being used that confuse me...giving, gifting, etc.... Doesn't sound like some people are actually giving or gifting coins in the first place then or I just don't understand the terms.

My gift is to people to enjoy it or to do what they NEED to do with it. Otherwise if someone else does not want it, it shoould be passed along until it finds someoneelse woh wants it or who needs to sell it, not someone who WANTS to to sell it.

Edited by Tennessee Jed

My gift is to people to enjoy it or to do what they NEED to do with it. Otherwise if someone else does not want it, it shoould be passed along until it finds someoneelse woh wants it or who needs to sell it, not someone who WANTS to to sell it.

I can see what you're trying to say but how do you distinguish between someone who WANTS to sell it and someone who NEEDS to sell it? Also, isn't the person buying the coin someone who wants the coin too and in some cases they want it so much they pay some big bucks. So I'm guessing the new owner will appreciate the coin very much otherwise they wouldn't pay to get it?

by most coins is a little paper and there stand on that the coins is for :

KEEP

TRADE

GIVE AWAY

PUT IN CACHE`S

but there also stand on DON`T SELL...........

i believe that mystery coinzzzzzz are special and that you may feel very special when you recieve a mystery coin and there for i think that we must respect the wish of the mystery coin maker and simple don`t sell it ever............

i have a couple of mystery coinzzzz to and jeahhhhhhhh i did give some away to because i did know that the person who i give it to needed it more then me ...........

i`m not give all my mystery`zzzzz away some are so special for me and came in my life on a special day so that coinzzzz i do keep for myself..........

a little selfishhh maybe but once i saw that some needed money for something special and there was a fund raising so i did send a mystery coin for sell but i could`t send it just like that and let it sell .......

i did`t find it fair for the maker of the mystery maker so i email the mystery maker explain it and ask him or it was oke that i send that coin for that raising......

i did get a e-mail back of the mystery person and he was so happy that i ask him/her first and his/her answer was that it was oke that i send the coin so that they could sell it.....

so if you wanna sell a mystery coin why people do not contact the mystery person explain the situation and wait what the maker has to say about it???????????

by most coins is a little paper and there stand on that the coins is for :

KEEP

TRADE

GIVE AWAY

PUT IN CACHE`S

but there also stand on DON`T SELL...........

i believe that mystery coinzzzzzz are special and that you may feel very special when you recieve a mystery coin and there for i think that we must respect the wish of the mystery coin maker and simple don`t sell it ever............

i have a couple of mystery coinzzzz to and jeahhhhhhhh i did give some away to because i did know that the person who i give it to needed it more then me ...........

i`m not give all my mystery`zzzzz away some are so special for me and came in my life on a special day so that coinzzzz i do keep for myself..........

a little selfishhh maybe but once i saw that some needed money for something special and there was a fund raising so i did send a mystery coin for sell but i could`t send it just like that and let it sell .......

i did`t find it fair for the maker of the mystery maker so i email the mystery maker explain it and ask him or it was oke that i send that coin for that raising......

i did get a e-mail back of the mystery person and he was so happy that i ask him/her first and his/her answer was that it was oke that i send the coin so that they could sell it.....

so if you wanna sell a mystery coin why people do not contact the mystery person explain the situation and wait what the maker has to say about it???????????

Yeah, I think that's what it comes down to. If somebody has enough respect to ask first, then I'll probably have no issue saying yes, or better yet "Please keep the gift coin, I'll send you something that will generate higher bids than that one" People have emergencies, reasons why they would want to sell of all their coins. I understand that, and in these cases I've seen this community come together and show so much support to each other. But then, I've also seen people come in here begging and begging for a gift, only to then turn around and sell it on ebay when not even facing an emergency. Thats just disrespectful. I don't think the gifter is being selfish to feel hurt, insulted, and used when that occurs.

What are the "rules" about a Mystery coin that you traded with the Mystery Giver for? I was @ an event where a particular mystery coin was being handed out and instead of getting one as a gift, I had to trade an unactivated trackable coin for it. In my mind it becomes fair game for sale or trade! Am I wrong?

What are the "rules" about a Mystery coin that you traded with the Mystery Giver for? I was @ an event where a particular mystery coin was being handed out and instead of getting one as a gift, I had to trade an unactivated trackable coin for it. In my mind it becomes fair game for sale or trade! Am I wrong?

Maybe you shouldn't sell it but I'll trade my coin for it so you can sell my coin. :blink:

Edited by Tennessee Jed

In mystery coins... most of the times the rules are not to sell it but you can keep it, put it in a cache, or give it as a gift to an other cacher!

Some also say that you can trade it too! Actually I do not think that the mystery senders will be sad if you trade the coin... maybe you have 2 (a find and a gift... or a coin in the mail and a find... or a gift... It depends! BUT.... If you see 2 same mystery coins in a cache... take only one! Let someone else be as happy as you are at that time! :blink: )! But if you tade it... it would be good to mention to the new owner that... he can not sell it!!!!

I have NO intention of Selling OR Trading the coin but I'm just curious why a coin openly traded for another should all of a sudden become anything other than a coin? If it appeared "mysteriously" in my mailbox or showed up in my pile of traders at an event or was even given to me face to face I could understand but I was forced to TRADE for it without any stipulations put on my trade!

Edited by Sunrayers

Could this possible be called a "mystery coin" ? I know there is a difference between buying & trading but in this case a coin was exchanged for a coin, in many lands this would be called a barter.

Could this possible be called a "mystery coin" ? I know there is a difference between buying & trading but in this case a coin was exchanged for a coin, in many lands this would be called a barter.

I agree that I'm not sure this coin fits in with the other mystery coins that were given without seeking anything in return. If you had to trade for it, IMO you can do whatever you want with it.

Bartertown,

We won't eat another Gyro!!!!!!