CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

So I'm sitting at the Mac doin' some drawrin'. I casually check my e-mail and there's a message from Creepy Crawly Cachers explaining that they enlisted the help of a local monster to leave us a treat! They included some coordinates, so I bounded down the steps to get my GPSr out of my caching bag. My oldest son was just about due home on the school bus, and the youngest was too entranced with his online Webkinz to even notice me blow by him. So I plop down outside on the front lawn waiting for a satellite lock as the school bus drops off the YoungYime. Just as he starts asking me what I'm doing, and before I can explain that we're on a mission...the sats kick in and throw us for a loop! 70 feet??? Surely, I've pulled up the wrong waypoint? A quick check and sure enough, there must've been a monster in our back yard recently! So, I hand off the GPSr and tell The Kenz to mush, as we started wandering around the perimeter of the house. Never figured there could be so many places to hide something small in our own yard, and I thought for sure I'd be eating humble pumpkin pie and e-mailing the CCC's for a hint. Imagine how pathetic that'd be when it's somewhere on my own property! :huh: Duh...me. At one point, we were zeroing out somewhere impossible, and I gave a thought to busting out the leaf blower to clear out some potential camouflage! Well, needless to say, just when we were scratching our heads in futility, there it was stuck to the back of our basketball hoop pole! CLANG! Whoooo Hooooo! The YoungYime posed for a victorious picture, and promptly informed me that the coin was "wicked", and also the #21! DOUBLE YOI!!!! Thanks sincerely to the Creepy Crawly Cachers for this unexpected treat, and for not busting into our house and eating us while lurking around the grounds!

ccc.jpg

OMG! I got home today...STRESSED because I am trying to get the house ready to go on the market and knowing that I have NO PLACE to live when I move to Indiana in a little over 2 weeks....and had an envelope in the mail...opened it and there was a Creepy Crawly Cachers coin! It MADE my day!!! This one will definitely be moved with me in 2 weeks...while some of the other coins will have to wait until the house in CO is sold and we can buy a new on in IN! Thanks sooo much!!!

This very weekend I will be going to a Halloween themed Event: Cache Slash Fest 2007

This cool Event is hosted by The Cache Slash Crew headed up by none other than The King of Halloween! This guy is soooo into Halloween that he got married on that day. And the displays he sets up in his yard (and about three other yards on the same street) just have to be seen! CREEPY!!! Last year we had a hay ride to a cemetery for a paranormal demo. SUPER CREEPY!!!

I would be honored to courier a CCC coin to The King of Halloween personally... :D At least I would get to hold one for a little while, anyway... :D I still see no CCC coins in Missouri - of Illinois either for that matter. Please, CreepyCrawlyCachers. creep on over to the Show-Me State. The Cache Slash Fest is this Saturday!

Creepily yours, CF30

Edited by Crowesfeat30

Got to thinking this morning, and I really felt compelled to offer some public kudos to whoever's behind this project. As with any of these mystery coins, half the fun is in trying to figure out who's behind it...but I'm really at a complete loss on this one. I have a feeling I know who was "enlisted" to drop one locally, but that's where the blood trail ends. :D

After the recent wake of forum criticism regarding "gifting", it's great to see the notion supported again so quickly and cleverly. It doesn't matter WHY people like you do this, it's the simple fact that you do. Keeps things positive and hopeful around here. These are fun projects to partake in, and I for one appreciate the effort and generosity.

In our family's case, it really made our day because it gave us a timely and fun challenge just when we were jumping into the chaos of overlapping soccer practices. If five or six bucks worth of golden metal can make a family have some spur of the moment fun together...then it's better than gold.

Thanks for being one of the good ones, even if you're a bit...creepy. :D

Yime

Well said Yime.

Too often we've seen it said they are only bits of metal. If these can bring the kind of joy the CCC coin is bringing, then more power to those bits of metal.

It is just a coin. But it brings a whole lot more with it. Those that see that receive so much more than just the shiny bits of metal. :D

Kudos from this abode as well. To all the secret gifters.

OMG! I got home today...STRESSED because I am trying to get the house ready to go on the market and knowing that I have NO PLACE to live when I move to Indiana in a little over 2 weeks....and had an envelope in the mail...opened it and there was a Creepy Crawly Cachers coin! It MADE my day!!! This one will definitely be moved with me in 2 weeks...while some of the other coins will have to wait until the house in CO is sold and we can buy a new on in IN! Thanks sooo much!!!

Sweet Susan! So glad you received one. Good luck with all that the move entails and your new job!

Hey, does this mean we might see you at MWGB next year? :D

Congrats to all the recent finders/recipients!!!

Well, well, well... What a surprise I found in my mailbox a few moments ago!!!

I saw a mailer in there and was thinking, I didn't arrange a trade with this person (for those of you who have received this coin in the mail, you know what I'm talking about :D )

My husband inquired as to what we got in the mail, and I said "I'm not sure, but if my hunches are right... I think we just got a mystery coin!"

So I ripped open the mailer and slid out the CCC coin #93!!!

I didn't even get to look at it for a couple of minutes because my husband quickly snatched it up and showed it to his mom (who is visiting) :D

Thank you CCC!! You've may my day much brighter (literally, this coin glows bright!!!) :D

I saw a mailer in there and was thinking, I didn't arrange a trade with this person (for those of you who have received this coin in the mail, you know what I'm talking about :D )

My husband inquired as to what we got in the mail, and I said "I'm not sure, but if my hunches are right... I think we just got a mystery coin!"

I didn't even get to look at it for a couple of minutes because my husband quickly snatched it up and showed it to his mom (who is visiting) :D

Thank you CCC!! You've may my day much brighter (literally, this coin glows bright!!!) :D

Good for you BRoKeN W!

Congratulations to you and all the other recipients!

:D

I went out to check the mail and inside I found a suspicious mailer! Thought maybe it was a mistake (I didn't think I traded with this person). I carefully opened it and out fell a Creepy Crawly Cacher! I got number 94! Thank you so much this made my day!! :D

WOW, I have had SOOO much fun reading these stories about this awesome coin! I haven't gotten to read the forums for a couple of days while I've been at work, but I have to tell you guys ( and girls, too) that after working two HAAARD days at the hospital, you all just made all the stress go away! I have laughed at most of these stories, they are great, and what a way to bring families together - A COIN!!

Thanks, CCC, for the fun!! :wub::D

WOOHOO ! I found a CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin #92 in my mailbox today :surprise: I realy love the mystery coins and the glow paint on this one is awesome and Frankie the prankster is just to funny. THANKYOU very much CCC for a great coin to add to my collection.Happy Halloween and congrats to all that have recived-found one of them :ph34r: THANKS AGAIN !

congratulations_05.gif

To all the lucky recipients of these coins (so far). According to my maths there are 24 lucky people who have these coins in their hands as well as another 7 coins logged in to caches (The closest being 11,221.6 km from me :blink: ) But I have my fingers crossed still for one turning up in a box much closer :P

Edited by Team chelmo

I am still crossing my rather long and CREEPY fingers that the CreepyCrawlyCachers can find their way out into the CREEPY realms of central Missouri. It gets spookier and spookier as the days get shorter and the nights get longer. The air cools and there is a distinct pall upon the land.

Will they grace us here with their CREEPY presence?

:P:blink::blink::P:P

Coins dropped in caches will be on the CCC map with a red pin, so key an eye open in your area. Let the creepiness cointinue. Mwahahaha.

Congratulations to all the recent finders! May the fun and creepiness continue!

Blue pin = cacher has it

Red pin = in a cache (but not for long I bet)

I am still wondering though what the yellow pins mean?