CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

Congrats intolerable...maybe you'll be a bit more tolerable now? :ph34r:

Hehehe... I don't know, I've been all jumping around yelling 'woo hoo!' quite a bit this week... Driving my wife nuts :-)

Thanks to all for the congrats and really do hope a CCC finds its way to your neighborhood.

And thanks again to CCC (and all mystery coin peoples!). We really appreciate stuff like this.

I *really* wanted to get one of these to share with my son so when I saw that CCC had paid a visit to a local cache I was out the door... so fast that I neglected to put on socks! But cold feet weren't going to slow me down!

After a bit of a search I had the cache in hand, although really didn't expect to find the coin inside. But there it was, tucked under the log!!! #149! Woo Hoo! I think about the only thing that could have made this find cooler was if the glow in the dark had been all charged up so it would have been glowing when I opened the container :-)

I didn't think that my week could get much better after retrieving a Geocoin Fairy coin from a cache about 1am this morning, but wow! Less than 24 hours later this!

Thanks so much CCC! I can't even begin to tell you how much I look forward to sharing this awesome coin with my son, he wanted one of these so badly. Come morning time, you'll made a little cacher very, very happy... already made this big cacher pretty darn happy too :-)

Great story! Hope those toes have warmed up some, though! Do you think that the glow on the coin could warm them up any, lol?

Congrats to all the finders!

Naomi :ph34r:

....Not only would you have to fight me and Micke for it, but you'd have a very determined almost 8 year old fighting you for it!

Just been catching up with this thread after 10 days "off the radar", so to speak.

I have to agree... my 6 year old (rattusbaggus) has seen A LOT MORE of this coin than I have! :)

I did manage to sneak it out of his room last night... but I give it 24 hours and it will be back in there. His determination for it to live in his bedroom is admirable...

Wonder if I can trade him for it? :):D :D

I have to agree... my 6 year old (rattusbaggus) has seen A LOT MORE of this coin than I have! :(

I did manage to sneak it out of his room last night... but I give it 24 hours and it will be back in there. His determination for it to live in his bedroom is admirable...

Wonder if I can trade him for it? :(:laughing: :laughing:

LOL...that is too funny. Heather did the same thing with my GW5 suncatcher...It had to be in her room because it was "her" coin (guess that is what I get for letting her pick out the coin...but she did pick the LE).

The kids are really great. They are so different from adults, they don't see the coins the same as we do, just like they don't see cache hides the same as we do - and are often better at finding than we are, lol!

To the kids these are just pretty things, some prettier or cooler than others, and it's neat to see how they latch on to them!

If my 18 month old is fussy I can sit the coin box in front of her and she can sit there and look through them for an hour, every now and then proclaiming "ooooh, preddeee" (I watch her in case of possible lead content in coins from China) and my 8 year old with adhd can sit and look through the box a good long time, too, talking about the coins and which she thinks are pretty or cool and carefully putting them back, one at a time.

Geocoins are great!

Naomi :(

PS... how old is Miss Heather, DD?

Well Halloween is gone...But the Creepy Crawly Cachers are still in Full Force!!! Ive devised a plan to attract the Creepy Crawley Cacher into my WormBin!!!!

Yep...Worm Bin!!! Think Im kiddin...Here it is!!!!!!

Sweetpeas Little wormies

dae570e7-22bf-4577-825d-20534fdb207f.jpg

Whats CreepyCrawlier than worms?????...How about Worms in your Kitchen!!!!!!! :D:D:D

Actually these guys are quite interesting little CreepyCrawley Creachers~

*The art of Worm poop making is called Vermiculture

*Worms actually eat their own poop up to 3 times...Now thats Vermicomposting

*Wormies are all Hermafrodites!!!!...Actually their considered Monoecious meaning male and Female Organs

*A Worm can turn dead organic matter into as much as 10 Lbs of rich Humus in one year!!!

*Not only do they turn the dead matter into super sweet fertilizer...But they also aireate the soil as they go!

*The Humus they produce can be as high as 5 times greater in Nitrogen, 7 times greater in Phosphorus and 11 times greater in Potash than the surroundings it is in!!!

*And as you may know...Worms can actually regenerate their sections, provided the damage is not extent...They have like 5 hearts!!! or is it 10?

The Pic provided is perfect timing! The worms need to be seperated and the Humus collected at this stage...just a bit more grubbin for em! Usually there is paper to act as a medium...But you see all that black stuff?...Thats Black Gold as far as fertilizers go!!!! and there's a bunch of it!!!

So next time you wanna stomp that icky worm...Instead Thank the worm for all that it does!!!! :D...Then throw it on the hook! :D

Edited by 007BigD

Dorsetgal,

I hope you have those tires fully inflated on your wheelchair and the jetpack strapped to the back so when a coin does get dropped, you can beat everyone to it.!! And watch out for those quagmires like the ones here in Michigan you get stuck in! :D

You better believe I do! That nice new (£3000 / $6000) wheelchair I bought just before I came to Michigan this August died on me in September ... it died at such an inconvenient time, I had to be taken away in a Police car!!!!!! :D

Full story here

DSC03244.JPG

DSC03242.JPG

Thank goodness it didn't do that when I wheelchaired it down a flight of steps in Grant Park, Chicago :D

Anyways, the important thing is it is all fixed now, so as for the race to find a CCC coin in a nearby cache? BRING IT ON! :D:D:D

I was looking through the CCC map this morning to see if there were any coin drops within driving distance of me. There was one about 300 miles from me (GC1384M) and after looking more at the cache I noticecd there was no actual log from CCC but there's a coin there. Was one actually dropped there? Hmm... Decided to check the others in the area and saw that GC11TMM has a log from CCC but no coin. CCC's log was the last one on that cache.

Have you been in the witch's brew again CCC? :lol::blink::lol:

I was looking through the CCC map this morning to see if there were any coin drops within driving distance of me. There was one about 300 miles from me (GC1384M) and after looking more at the cache I noticecd there was no actual log from CCC but there's a coin there. Was one actually dropped there? Hmm... Decided to check the others in the area and saw that GC11TMM has a log from CCC but no coin. CCC's log was the last one on that cache.

Have you been in the witch's brew again CCC? :lol::blink::lol:

No witch's brew this time. If you look at the logs for coin #118, you will see that this coin seems to be traveling using cacher power instead of magic.

No witch's brew this time. If you look at the logs for coin #118, you will see that this coin seems to be traveling using cacher power instead of magic.

Ahhh.. Guess I missed that post. Is there actually a coin in GC11TMM?

Um, if you follow the history for #118, it was clearly there. It was removed by the cache owner, and placed in another cache after several discover logs. It's now a few miles away, in a different cache, after being retrieved and dropped by a different cacher. Seems pretty straight forward, eh? :blink:

Hey CCC, I had the honor of having The GGP visit our event over the weekend...and I saw one of your VERY cool coins as well!! I am very VERY pleased to announce that number 191-07 will NEVER leave my collection (or home without armed guards), but would LOVE a companion to share stories with!!

I never got the chance to treat The Great Geo-Pumpkin, all I saw was a flash of orange (as a friend described it), but my offer still stands...no tricks, just fun, food and relaxation!!

We'll leave the light OFF for you!! lol

never mind.. I guess it's a case of cacher's not leaving cache logs like they should.

Cacher's log caches as they want and not off some template. While it is nice that poeple put the info that we want in them, they aren't required to log anything particular about anything.

Now why is there so much red on the map?

never mind.. I guess it's a case of cacher's not leaving cache logs like they should.

Cacher's log caches as they want and not off some template. While it is nice that poeple put the info that we want in them, they aren't required to log anything particular about anything.

Now why is there so much red on the map?

I keep looking at those coins sitting in caches and wonder that myself! Oh if only one were even CLOSE to me. I haven't been caching in a month or so (gas prices and no money), but I'd certainly try to make it out for one of those coins!!

Congrats to all the VERY lucky coin holders....I saw one last weekend and they are AWESOME!!

Awww...CCC, go visit Roddy, he had a rough time of it and his coins were stolen! I'm sure this would help heal his pain some!

Naomi <_<

Actually, I'd just love to read more great stories from lucky recipients! Not saying I wouldn't LOVE to have a visit, CCC...just saying there are many many deserving souls out there! I love to live through the wonderful stories from the happy coin holders...AWESOME!

BUT...if a coin were sitting nearby me, I'd be there in a heartbeat!! If able to of course!

Awww...CCC, go visit Roddy, he had a rough time of it and his coins were stolen! I'm sure this would help heal his pain some!

Naomi :)

What????? Coins stolen??? Ive only been deathly afraid of that!!!!!!!....Talk about Creepy Crawley...But I bet it wasnt a cacher!!!

Not to go off topic but, What the heck????? How many????? Which ones????? When?????....That really sucks-Im sorry for that, I think I would cry!!!!...I know I would cry!!!! :anibad::ph34r::P

I could give ya some worms, if that'd help???? :P

Hmmm, there is a CCC coin sitting in a cache just about 40 km away from my parents home. I am watching this cache now for about 2 weeks and nobody seems to care :D I planned to visit my parents next weekend, and of course I wanted to search for that cache and get that CCC coin ;) But yesterday my mother called me and asked me if we would come with them on a weekend trip to another part of Germany... Of course we will go with them, but that means that I will not be able to get to that cache and will not have the chance to get that CCC coin B):laughing::huh:

Hmmm, there is a CCC coin sitting in a cache just about 40 km away from my parents home. I am watching this cache now for about 2 weeks and nobody seems to care :D I planned to visit my parents next weekend, and of course I wanted to search for that cache and get that CCC coin ;) But yesterday my mother called me and asked me if we would come with them on a weekend trip to another part of Germany... Of course we will go with them, but that means that I will not be able to get to that cache and will not have the chance to get that CCC coin B):laughing::huh:

OK...I'm curious...how far is it to your parents house?

About 200 km, it is a 2 hour drive... not that far away, but I don't have a car, and train tickets are far too expensive, so I can't visit them whenever I want. I have to coordinate that with the plans of my better-half who has the car and has to work on weekends quite often (and of course has his own plans for his free weekends, too). My next visit will be for Christmas, and I am not sure if the coin will still be there and if I will get the time to go out for the cache because of all the family stuff.

After looking where the the coins have been dropped and some of them still sitting in caches? Unless already grabbed and not logged. I wish you didn't have to put a second morgage on the house just to fuel up and take a long out of state drive to see if one is still sitting in the cache. Or you could just send the witch out on her broom to visit my area. :laughing:

therewas one sat in a cache 40 miles rom me the worst of it was i had dropped some coins in it the same day but CCC hadt been there then and i couldnt go back because ive been laid up for weeks with 2 trapped nerves and it nearly killed me on the visit :ph34r: nice to see the coin in the uk though and its been picked up so someone is lucky

therewas one sat in a cache 40 miles rom me the worst of it was i had dropped some coins in it the same day but CCC hadt been there then and i couldnt go back because ive been laid up for weeks with 2 trapped nerves and it nearly killed me on the visit :ph34r: nice to see the coin in the uk though and its been picked up so someone is lucky

I'm the one who found this one yesterday... Ben & I took a trip up and then spent the rest of the rainy day exploring the local villages. I'm so sorry to hear about your injury. I'm sad that you didn't get it before me.

If you email me your address, I will send a get well package...

Congrats Fluttershy...and sorry to hear about the injury Scaw, get well soon!

Today, I got a package in the mail froma friend....hmmm, why is my friend sending me a package? I open it to find #272 staring at me!! WOW! I am honored with TWO mystery coins now!! AWESOME! And here I thought I was being seeked out so I could spread some cheer....WOW! The cheer is MINE!! GREAT COIN!! This will NEVER leave my sight (well, when out of the house at least)!

THANK-YOU CCC, you're generosity is AWESOME!! Your coin is AWESOME also!!

Today, I got a package in the mail froma friend....hmmm, why is my friend sending me a package? I open it to find #272 staring at me!! WOW! I am honored with TWO mystery coins now!! AWESOME! And here I thought I was being seeked out so I could spread some cheer....WOW! The cheer is MINE!! GREAT COIN!! This will NEVER leave my sight (well, when out of the house at least)!

How awesome, Roddy!! Congrats!!

Hmmm, there is a CCC coin sitting in a cache just about 40 km away from my parents home. I am watching this cache now for about 2 weeks and nobody seems to care :grin: I planned to visit my parents next weekend, and of course I wanted to search for that cache and get that CCC coin :( But yesterday my mother called me and asked me if we would come with them on a weekend trip to another part of Germany... Of course we will go with them, but that means that I will not be able to get to that cache and will not have the chance to get that CCC coin :lol::lol::(

Have your parents go for it ;-)

My mother lives in NH not *too* far from where CCC paid a visit. She had recently visited us here in WA and thought caching was interesting and when at least one of the coins sat in a cache for a few days I was tempted to call her up and use Google Earth and the listing description to try and walk her through finding the it over the phone. Fortunately for both us and her, CCC made it here to WA and if she decides to give geocaching a whirl it won't be over the phone!

Hope that the opportunity arises that you can slip away and make the find!

Congrats Roddy! Woo hoo!

therewas one sat in a cache 40 miles rom me the worst of it was i had dropped some coins in it the same day but CCC hadt been there then and i couldnt go back because ive been laid up for weeks with 2 trapped nerves and it nearly killed me on the visit :grin: nice to see the coin in the uk though and its been picked up so someone is lucky

Sorry to hear that but hope you have a quick recovery!

Big Time Congratulations Rod!!!

Hmmm, there is a CCC coin sitting in a cache just about 40 km away from my parents home. I am watching this cache now for about 2 weeks and nobody seems to care B) I planned to visit my parents next weekend, and of course I wanted to search for that cache and get that CCC coin :blink: But yesterday my mother called me and asked me if we would come with them on a weekend trip to another part of Germany... Of course we will go with them, but that means that I will not be able to get to that cache and will not have the chance to get that CCC coin ;):D:D

Have your parents go for it ;-)

My mother lives in NH not *too* far from where CCC paid a visit. She had recently visited us here in WA and thought caching was interesting and when at least one of the coins sat in a cache for a few days I was tempted to call her up and use Google Earth and the listing description to try and walk her through finding the it over the phone. Fortunately for both us and her, CCC made it here to WA and if she decides to give geocaching a whirl it won't be over the phone!

Hope that the opportunity arises that you can slip away and make the find!

Hehe, great idea! But unfortunately it is a multi-stage cache, so that doesn't work... :D

But congratulations to all recent finders and receivers!

Rod, when I figured out the little mappie thing of where the CCC coins are, I noticed that there had only been a handful here in Michigan. At that point I thought that if someone else in Michigan got one, then I hoped that it would be you! I like these coins a lot, but you deserve one!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Thanks for sending him one CCC!

anne