CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

Ya'll know how some things happen at just the right time? I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stories about being blessed by CCC.

Well, CCC, just to let you know, your kindness could not have arrived at a better time.

I was quite grieved after a most difficult day at the clinic, having had to tell three men they had prostate cancer and two women they had bladder cancer. That really wears me as their physician down. I try not to let myself get emotionally involved with my patients, but I find that that is impossible. I do hurt for them. I know I can help them and that they will get better... completely most of the time... but they sure don't know that or believe that when I drop the bombshell on them that they have "the C-word."

So arriving home feeling pretty glum, my spirit was lifted amazingly high when I saw one very unexpected envelope on the counter! My hands started a'shakin' and I just couldn't quit grinning as I slit open that mailer and out slid the most Amazing Halloween Treat I've ever received. :D

Mrs. derschlings found that grin contagious as I relayed the whole story of this mongoCool coin (okay, as much of the story as I know :D ) 'Course the youngunz just wanted to run off with it into the closet to see how bright it glows. Finally got them to settle down long enough to snap a pic of the littles with our new favorite coin...

c898c51e-e104-41cb-9301-b6eb392b8d83.jpg

So THANK YOU CrazyCaveLover!

AWWWWW....... Cute kids!! Cute Coin! Great Ending to a crappy day. That's my kinda story!!!

a grateful cacher n doc,

Mark aka derschlings aka PeoplePlumber

The CCC is overwhelmed at the amount of joy that has come from this coin. The stories that have been shared bring a smile to the CCC. But with every good deed, there comes a dark side.

When the coin made it's first appearance, everyone was doing anything they could to get one. Now people have become more patient as they see coins are still being distributed. The coins can only be placed so fast. I mean seriously. How fast do you think a broom goes nowadays? Plus with the new restrictions by Homeland Security, a maximum of 3 coins can be taken across the border at a time. Anyhow, it only takes one person to ruin the fun, and it seems we have a one person. The CCC has tried to deal with this privately through emails, but the situation will not go away or stop, so it is felt there is no other recourse other than to ask the community at a whole to support the CCC's choices.

Son of Cyclops has emailed many of you about trading a gaggle of coins for your one coin, or to buy it out right. The CCC asks that no one sell this coin ever. If you don't wish to retain it, then by all means please release it or pass it on. If you wish to trade it, that is your choice. The CCC has emailed SoC several times explaining not all coins are released yet and to be patient, since he doesn't even know whether he had a coin being placed locally or not. The CCC has gotten a multitude of emails from cache owners and cachers alike asking who this is asking them for their coin, or to check their cache for the coin. This has come from our friends over the pond as well as stateside. The CCC placed coins in Europe for our friends there, not for someone stateside to beg a cache owner to get it out and send it to him. The CCC has asked SoC to stop doing this for weeks now, but it has not stopped. Now it is being asked publicly. Please stop harassing these people for their coins, or to go get a coin from a cache and send it to you. Your greed is taking the fun out of what was meant to be a fun thing for the CCC. To the others, the CCC hopes you do not give in to his request, and instead cherish the coin for yourself.

The CCC is not happy to be in this position and doesn't wish to ruin the fun or dampen the spirtis of those posting in this thread. The CCC hopes this will now be a dead issue and will not have to revisited again. The CCC is truly sorry for having to air this here, but it seems nothing else has worked, and ultimately the CCC wants the joy to be yours without the emails begging you for your coin.

The CCC now returns you to your regular programing.

Ya'll know how some things happen at just the right time? I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stories about being blessed by CCC.

Well, CCC, just to let you know, your kindness could not have arrived at a better time.

I was quite grieved after a most difficult day at the clinic, having had to tell three men they had prostate cancer and two women they had bladder cancer. That really wears me as their physician down. I try not to let myself get emotionally involved with my patients, but I find that that is impossible. I do hurt for them. I know I can help them and that they will get better... completely most of the time... but they sure don't know that or believe that when I drop the bombshell on them that they have "the C-word."

So arriving home feeling pretty glum, my spirit was lifted amazingly high when I saw one very unexpected envelope on the counter! My hands started a'shakin' and I just couldn't quit grinning as I slit open that mailer and out slid the most Amazing Halloween Treat I've ever received. :D

Mrs. derschlings found that grin contagious as I relayed the whole story of this mongoCool coin (okay, as much of the story as I know :D ) 'Course the youngunz just wanted to run off with it into the closet to see how bright it glows. Finally got them to settle down long enough to snap a pic of the littles with our new favorite coin...

c898c51e-e104-41cb-9301-b6eb392b8d83.jpg

So THANK YOU CrazyCaveLover!

a grateful cacher n doc,

Mark aka derschlings aka PeoplePlumber

Awwww, they're adorable! Congrats to you & everyone else on your new CCC coin :D

Edited by dorkfish

CCC, hang in there... we need to get you one of those special Hogwarts brooms... may get ya around a lil' faster :ph34r:

Naomi :)

Would that be the Nimbus 2000 or the new Firebolt! :blink:

Anyway CCC thanks for all you have done. I love reading the posts in this forum, even if I never see one of your coins !!! (I guess I don't have any greedy bones, but I do love your coin)

Edited by backhiker

Looks like the map has been updated and theres one in North Dakota. I figured that was a rather sparce area so it might be there for awhile, but then I looked and saw the one in Louisiana is in a 5/4.5 cache which I am betting it will last longer there. Whoever gets that one really deserves it! Now there are coins in the wild in Europe and New Zealand! Everytime I check in here it gets better and better.

Well I am extremely disapointed that SOC has continue with his ways, I see it is not possible to teach an old dog new tricks!!!!

I two have been hounded by said individual not about the CCC coin rather continual emails begging me to trade him a coin that is in my collection. He does not seem to understand what the term "no" means rather you have to be harsh with your response maybe perhaps a bit ignorant when you respond to him to get him to stop.

I had to threathen him with banning him from emailing me in order for him to understand the word "no"! I realize that perhaps I may get my hand slapped for even responding to this thread but that is the chance I took!!!

Please do not use his age as an excuse as this is not the first time an incident of this nature has occured. SOC please chill out!!!!!! STOP!!!! Please do not ruin a good thing for those who know what "no" means!!!!!

Looks like the map has been updated and theres one in North Dakota. I figured that was a rather sparce area so it might be there for awhile, but then I looked and saw the one in Louisiana is in a 5/4.5 cache which I am betting it will last longer there. Whoever gets that one really deserves it! Now there are coins in the wild in Europe and New Zealand! Everytime I check in here it gets better and better.

I was watching that one, and was afraid I was going to have to tackle straight jacket when things went bump in the night and I got my very own. Now I don't need to puzzle anymore!!!

That cache is a local legend, 4 people are known to have been carried away!!!

Whoever gets it will earn it!!!

Wow! I got a CCC! ;)

I just went through my mail for the last week or so (by telephone ;) I'm out of town until the 19th) and found out about it. Heck, I didn't even know about this until I got the coin and searched the forums to find out what was going on! Too cool ;)

I have to say too, CCC, my mom loves surprises. She checks on my house (and my fish ;) ) and gets my mail for me while I'm gone -she always enjoys looking at the coins that come in. She really enjoyed the surprise and especially got a kick out of the details on the back of the coin ;)

Thanks again... what a great community we have here! :)

Oh, btw, does anybody know how I update the map page? (just emailed CCC)

Edited by earthrooster

Great find there Earthrooster!...Especially since you didnt even know what the heck it even was!

Ya know, the other night when I grabbed my pumpkin, me and the Great Pumpkin chatted briefly about the CCC. Just talked about it!...Thats about it! Who's got one N stuff. ;)

Great stories when a coin can brighten someones day as much as they really do! Ive had several coins totally 180* a bad day ;) ...Guess we can call it coin therapy! ;)

Woo Hoo !!! ;) I was checking the CCC map last night and noticed one was dropped in a cache about 30 miles from an event I was planning on attending early this afternoon. Our plans were to leave for the event around 11am but quickly changed since I didn't want to miss a chance on finding a CCC coin. Arrived at the location and found the information needed to locate the cache. Once we located the cache I opened it and found tucked inside the log book CCC coin # 147 ;) which I grabbed and replaced it with one of my unactivated coins.

Thanks CCC for stopping by MA and leaving one of your coins ;););)

Great find there Earthrooster!...Especially since you didnt even know what the heck it even was!

Ya know, the other night when I grabbed my pumpkin, me and the Great Pumpkin chatted briefly about the CCC. Just talked about it!...Thats about it! Who's got one N stuff. ;)

Great stories when a coin can brighten someones day as much as they really do! Ive had several coins totally 180* a bad day ;) ...Guess we can call it coin therapy! ;)

My day is brighten just reading about people getting these lil surpirses! Especially the ones where people go running out of the house like insane people, GPS's in hand. And after a geocoin! ;)

What’s this?

One of those envelopes?

For one thing I rarely get packages on Mondays (Wednesday is more usual) and I’ve not got a trade with …. so what is it?

You liddle bewdy – a CreepyCrawlyCachers mystery coin #74 here in Oz! ;)

Thank you so much for the marvellous surprise.

It will take pride of place beside my GCF coin.

I’ve let them meet each other under some local gum blossom.

But I’m not sure how they will get on with each other, so I’ve added a neutral umpire to “moderate” any conversations between them. ;)

f4934bc0-3faf-4b86-8d81-4f7a74f03f79.jpg

Even though Halloween is over the creepiness will continue! MWAHAHAHAHA!

When I received my coin that first day I was thrilled (to say the least), tickled pink, speechless and all those other cliches! I watch this thread everyday and just love all the stories and the pictures that are posted. I also check the map daily and have read about the caches they are in. I think that whoever grabs the one in that Louisiana cache will really deserve it!! LOL I am so glad that the creepiness continues and this coin and the other mystery coins will continue to brighten our day and put smiles on the faces of cachers all over the world!

Congratulations to all the finders and may the creepiness continue to crawl all over the world!!

Thanks for dropping one of the coins in one of my caches. Went right out and was surprised to see it still there!

So...I get to keep this? Or am I suppost to drop it in another cache? Just doesnt seem right keeping it..I know the rules of Travel Bugs & Coins.

What should I do CCC? :D

It's a pleasure in itself finding a rare coin. Looks like this one is pretty rare. Sorry if I havent been paying attention and have no idea what this coin is about :rolleyes:

Thanks for dropping one of the coins in one of my caches. Went right out and was surprised to see it still there!

So...I get to keep this? Or am I suppost to drop it in another cache? Just doesnt seem right keeping it..I know the rules of Travel Bugs & Coins.

What should I do CCC? :rolleyes:

It's a pleasure in itself finding a rare coin. Looks like this one is pretty rare. Sorry if I havent been paying attention and have no idea what this coin is about :D

On the coin page for my coin #155 this is what it says

Those that go bump in the night have bestowed this CreepyCrawlyCachers geocoin upon you. This trackable coin has been activated under the CCC’s account…a curse upon those that try to profit from this gift. Do not sell this coin.

I think they mean this is one activated coin that you can keep. If you want to let it continue to travel that is up to you though! Congratulations on your find!!!

What should I do CCC? :rolleyes:

It's a pleasure in itself finding a rare coin. Looks like this one is pretty rare. Sorry if I havent been paying attention and have no idea what this coin is about :D

Congrats WnB !!!! :rolleyes:

You are allowed to keep them according to the note that is posted.... I picked one up myself yesterday :anibad: before heading to the SNEG Fall Back Event... Will be taking mine to events to share with everybody that wants to discover it...

Congrats to the recent finders.

I'm a little bummed out though. I saw one was placed in a cache relatively close to work yesterday so figured I'd try to grab it. Got to the cache this morning but someone must have beaten me to it. No sign of a coin in the container and no clue in the log. :D Oh well, fingers still crossed.

Edited by Bolingbrook Joe

Well gee...I don't think I have ever been the recipient of a RAOC (Random Act of Kindness).

That's exactly what it is when you mint a coin and place them in caches just to give em away. That's pretty nice and I appreciate the gift. THANK YOU VERY MUCH!!!!

I see the locals that have found one of these rare coins...I recognize all the names...that's pretty nice too. All these people deserve finding one of these coins as I have met them and they are ALL wonderful nice and caring people....chief20r2, meandmydogs, TeamBullis and Kayakerinme. The cream of the crop!

Chief we will have to meet up at the next SNEG event and take our photo with the 2 coins. :D Will be nice to share the new icon with the rest of the locals :rolleyes:

Thanks again!

Edited by WeatherednBoston

I'm a little bummed out though. I saw one was placed in a cache relatively close to work yesterday so figured I'd try to grab it. Got to the cache this morning but someone must have beaten me to it. No sign of a coin in the container and no clue in the log. :D Oh well, fingers still crossed.

The CCC would like to thank Bolingbrook Joe for bringing coin #263 to the CCC's attention. Unfortunately, the CCC had enjoyed a little too much witch's brew before logging that coin, and mistakenly entered the cache GC# as GC28 instead of GC128. The coin has been retreived and dropped into the appropriate cache. The CCC will be sending Joe his own CCC geocoin as a thank-you, and to say that the CCC is sorry for sending him on a wild coin chase.

Edited by CreepyCrawlyCachers

Well, I was contemplating stalking Nero and seeing if he might let his guard down long enough for me to "retrieve" his CCC coin, then today I saw a log in a cache right by my office.

Looks like the CCC crew have been back to Az! And on a record tieing date too - 92°f! It's warm out! But I climbed into the overgrown trees and dug out that cache (as I've done it, I knew where the end point was). How cool! I've got #107 in my hands!

Looks like you're safe now Nero...well, at least from me... :rolleyes::D

Thank you CCC for your generosity. I will treasure this coin will my other mystery coins! Never to be sold.

The CCC would like to thank Bolingbrook Joe for bringing coin #263 to the CCC's attention. Unfortunately, the CCC had enjoyed a little too much witch's brew before logging that coin, and mistakenly entered the cache GC# as GC28 instead of GC128. The coin has been retreived and dropped into the appropriate cache. The CCC will be sending Joe his own CCC geocoin as a thank-you, and to say that the CCC is sorry for sending him on a wild coin chase.

Wow! What a nice thing to do, on top of the already nice things you are doing!

Well, I was contemplating stalking Nero and seeing if he might let his guard down long enough for me to "retrieve" his CCC coin, then today I saw a log in a cache right by my office.

Looks like the CCC crew have been back to Az! And on a record tieing date too - 92°f! It's warm out! But I climbed into the overgrown trees and dug out that cache (as I've done it, I knew where the end point was). How cool! I've got #107 in my hands!

Looks like you're safe now Nero...well, at least from me... :D:rolleyes:

Thank you CCC for your generosity. I will treasure this coin will my other mystery coins! Never to be sold.

Very Cool! I'm glad some more coins made an appearance here. well 1 more anyways.

Wooohoooo ... !!!

Late in the night a short note dropped in - another visitor of my cache, fine. But after I while I decided to read the log - and couldn't believe my eyes: CCC visited my cache ... and left on of their coins!

Rest of the night I remained nearly sleepless - I couldn't go directly as parts of the location are closed during the night time (an old monastery). "Time goes by ... so slowly ... for those who wait". Yeah, Madonna is soooo right about it!

In the early morning hours I jumped out of bed, murmured a short and nervous "morning, have to hurry ... coin ... cache ... work" to my family (which looked really irritated!) and left the house. I flew through the streets (35 km to go), headed towards the cache (my heart was bumping for excitement) and: *** STRIKE *** my first mystery coin!!!

Thanks so much for visiting Germany, CCC !!!

I'll keep it forever!

Dirk

In the spirit of geocoins and what they mean to me I have decided to set mine free. It has been drilled, tagged, cabled and crimped and soon to be on its way hopefully to Salem (just seemed fitting). Can't wait to read the logs!

Thank you very much CCC for helping me to put another coin out to travel!

Wooohoooo ... !!!

Late in the night a short note dropped in - another visitor of my cache, fine. But after I while I decided to read the log - and couldn't believe my eyes: CCC visited my cache ... and left on of their coins!

Rest of the night I remained nearly sleepless - I couldn't go directly as parts of the location are closed during the night time (an old monastery). "Time goes by ... so slowly ... for those who wait". Yeah, Madonna is soooo right about it!

In the early morning hours I jumped out of bed, murmured a short and nervous "morning, have to hurry ... coin ... cache ... work" to my family (which looked really irritated!) and left the house. I flew through the streets (35 km to go), headed towards the cache (my heart was bumping for excitement) and: *** STRIKE *** my first mystery coin!!!

I'll keep it forever!

Dirk

WooHoo! Congratulations to another happy recipient!

In the spirit of geocoins and what they mean to me I have decided to set mine free. It has been drilled, tagged, cabled and crimped and soon to be on its way hopefully to Salem (just seemed fitting). Can't wait to read the logs!

Goodness, you are so much braver than I am! I wish I had courage to do the same!

Naomi ;)

That is awesome! If it makes it down to my part of the world, I'll take it to a few "haunted" caches!

Wooohoooo ... !!!

I'll keep it forever!

Woohoo! Congrats on the find! And thank you for the great post... you really convey the excitement of your find ;) .

Dirk