CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

Ok I have decided that I am certifiable! I know you have all been waiting to hear from me so here is the story…

On Sat. morning (my intended day of departure) I got a package early in the morning. Now I have a new friend in Germany waiting for something so I repackage it up and get it back in the post I figure I will leave after 12n. for Jersey.

In the mean time we get a call family emergency my Mother in Law is in hospital. At this point I am so worried about her I don’t even fret I can’t get out.

Now I can’t go until Monday if things are settled with M-I-L. So I make all the preparations. I decide to take Little Lizard with me (homeschooled) so off we go at 10am. Turns out this is a two hour drive not one, that’s ok I’m pumped now.

So at 12:05p we hit the trail, now this cache is rated at 3.5 star terrain, should have been a 4.5! We get close to the cache and we have to cross a creek, no bridges. There is a large tree hanging over the creek. No way can Little Lizard do this.

So with more bushwhacking we find a RR bridge and cross there. 2 hours exactly we find the cache. I am sure you could have heard the whoo hoo for miles! Open the cache and there is a bump coming from inside. Yeah CCC coin #262 is mine!!!

So 4 hrs of driving, 3 hours of hiking and one BIG smile. ;):huh::rolleyes:

Ok I have decided that I am certifiable! I know you have all been waiting to hear from me so here is the story…

On Sat. morning (my intended day of departure) I got a package early in the morning. Now I have a new friend in Germany waiting for something so I repackage it up and get it back in the post I figure I will leave after 12n. for Jersey.

In the mean time we get a call family emergency my Mother in Law is in hospital. At this point I am so worried about her I don’t even fret I can’t get out.

Now I can’t go until Monday if things are settled with M-I-L. So I make all the preparations. I decide to take Little Lizard with me (homeschooled) so off we go at 10am. Turns out this is a two hour drive not one, that’s ok I’m pumped now.

So at 12:05p we hit the trail, now this cache is rated at 3.5 star terrain, should have been a 4.5! We get close to the cache and we have to cross a creek, no bridges. There is a large tree hanging over the creek. No way can Little Lizard do this.

So with more bushwhacking we find a RR bridge and cross there. 2 hours exactly we find the cache. I am sure you could have heard the whoo hoo for miles! Open the cache and there is a bump coming from inside. Yeah CCC coin #262 is mine!!!

So 4 hrs of driving, 3 hours of hiking and one BIG smile. ;):huh::rolleyes:

ANOTHER AWESOME STORY!!! Congrats!!

Very Nice Backhiker!!! :huh: Very Very Nice!!! Cant say Im not officially jealous you got to go on a CCC hunt an find one! :rolleyes: Sounds like it was quite a hunt too...That makes it all the better id say!

Congrats on your find, with all holding you back you still got it...it was meant to be! I guess Damenace was just pullin your chain unless he was plannin on makin the drive from Florida, but he's got Dinney Whirl to check out...Oh wait- I dont think they have left yet~Maybe he was just coverin his bases! ;)

Glad to hear you got it, pretty crazy it was moved already!!! ;)

So 4 hrs of driving, 3 hours of hiking and one BIG smile. ;);):rolleyes:

I just read on the inside of a Dove Chocolate wrapper that "Joy is contageous" . Obviously this holds true in this Forum! :huh: Congrats, backhiker! I heard your "whoo hoo" here in Missouri! :P

CF30

I just wanted to post my official THANK YOU to CCC. The coin was a wonderful and unexpected surprise! I have been off the geocoin forum for a few months now and had no idea a mystery coin was heading my way. What a thrill!! I was so excited...... My husband thought I was going crazy when I did my little happy dance.....LOL! This coin was all I could talk about for days. ......Oh and my husband thanks you for that...ROFL!

All the storys in the thread are awesome as usual. Congrats to all those lucky enough to get a coin.

Oh and Derschlings..... Thank you for the kind email. I wish I could take credit for making your day brighter. I'm just glad the coin made its way to you at a time where you needed your spirits lifted. I'm honored to know my addy was on your envelope.

CCC........ THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!! :(:huh::(

Sorry for the delay in posting ~CCL

Nice One Stella...That is just Stellar! (where's the nerdy smiley when you need one!) :huh:

And CCL too! :lol: Too cool that a CCC made it all the way out to you in No mans land!!!

So far the only CCC I have in sight is this sorry excuse of a CCC :huh:Cake-CreepyCrawly.jpg...Cant say its not a CCC though! Id trade ya anyday!

Wow - thats awesome! Will have to watch it.

Wonder if I put a few coins up if I can earn enough to fly over to GCF? <_<

U make it here and I have the tour guide for you. I promise it will be worth it. You might even go home confused as to why the water circles the wrong way in the toliet!

Wow - thats awesome! Will have to watch it.

Wonder if I put a few coins up if I can earn enough to fly over to GCF? :o

U make it here and I have the tour guide for you. I promise it will be worth it. You might even go home confused as to why the water circles the wrong way in the toliet!

Fell off my chair and ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;)

Edited by keewee

I got to see a CCC at a Eureka Event a bit ago...It was CCL's and I even cupped it in my hands to see it glow! Almost left it cupped in my hands while I ran to the car, but nope I just wrote the number down for discovery (which I must find) and admired it the best I could!

I did give CCL a mystery coin she didnt have...I got 2 of em!!! We ended up giving each other a whole slew of coins :( -It was funny, she had a little bag of 007 and #7 coins she had been savin for me!!! How cool is that?

So I didnt quite get a CCC for myself, but I am sure she will bring it with her to all the future events to let me gawk over! :D

PS...Do you need my addy CCC???? :D ~ :D - Ill show you the worms again!!! :D

Creepy, Crawly, Bloodshot Eye's......This is what this morning was for me. I went to work Thursday, pulled an extra shift through the night in my office doing end of the year fiscal budget work. I drove home at 0700 thinking I would answer a few emails and send a few good news letters to some pals and then finally get some sleep after 36 hours straight. I have been expecting a really great package from a friend in Germany so before taking a long anticipated nap I leashed Natasha and we walked to the mail box at the end of my street to see if this package arrived. WOOOO! It did and it was filled with some great coins to boot. Then I noticed an unusual white mailer with a my name on the return address label and a smudged post mark that I could not make out. I had to open this right there on the spot. When I pulled out the neatly wraped item inside I almost PASSED OUT!!!!! The Creepy Crawly Cachers sent a coin here!!!!!!!!!!!! HOWL!!!!!!!!!! BLAH!!! GRRRRRR!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!! This Coin Is AWESOME!!!!!!!!! And so much prettier in real life than in any picture. I know Thank You is what we always say but I just cannot find the words to describe the way I feel now..............Whoever these incredible people are I really want them to know that getting this coin deserves more than just a Thank You........if we only had some word that doubled....no Tripled a Thank You then that's what I would say. Thank You, Thank You, Thank You to Frankie, Drac, and the Witch! You have just given me the strength of a thousand Grinches!! Amazing, that such a small token of giving and kindness brings such a heap of joy! You are wonderful people CCC's. This coin will NEVER see e-bay I can tell you that. In time it'll be passed to my caching son and grandchild for many people to enjoy the way I enjoy it now. CCC#256, pictures to come soon.

Picture002.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Edited by Castle Man

Very Cool Jim :( Yep...Ill bet you were doin back flips at the mailbox despite them old knees! ;) As if your package wasnt enough, it was topped off by a CCC! :)

If there's one guy out there that deserves one, That'd be you! Congrats!

Thats a very fitting background too!...Fits perfectly!!! Ill have to find the perfect background when I get mine :) ... :) ~ :D ... :) Sorry, just couldnt help myself! :P