CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

:laughing::D;):D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D:)

CCC logged my cache Memorial Park II last night; the email arrived around midnight, and had I checked my email, I would have been out there in a flash, but I didn't see it until I got to work today. Boy was my morning filled with anxiety...would someone else race out there first?.. would whoever FTFs the new one just down the park path stop by for a second find?... Blasted through the doors at 11:55ish racing for the park, flipped over the rocks and pulled out the cache, but it wasn't on top? oh no! tore it open and pulled out the logbook and there it was all shiny and looking up at me :D YAY! Thank you Creepy Crawly Cachers!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow, what a week, a GSA coin (in the same cache no less), and AMAZING Mission package from CB, and now a CCC coin :):D:) Wow. wow. wow. Thank you CCC!!!!!!!!

I found it a couple of weeks ago; but a new camera just came in the mail for me :D

045639bb-b22d-4a2b-8502-9fba9d07f306.jpg

a941c88d-fd30-4ae0-bd00-1ca8475a0859.jpg

Rod, when I figured out the little mappie thing of where the CCC coins are, I noticed that there had only been a handful here in Michigan. At that point I thought that if someone else in Michigan got one, then I hoped that it would be you! I like these coins a lot, but you deserve one!

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. Thanks for sending him one CCC!

anne

THANKS for the kind words Son of Cyclops...and Anne!

I am honored to have this coin as well as the Great Pumpkin coin, the mystery coiners really are awesome people! Those coins are sacred to me, I wil never let them out of my sight!! I know how much this coin means to you as well, and I hope you get a chance to find one, you are very deserving!! Maybe you should do like I did...every night, I'd do a special CCC dance. Knowing your dancing skills, I'm thinking it can't hurt!

Maybe CCC will honor another Michigander or two with a vist....good luck!!

Great pics of the coin TM....gotta love that! Your new camera takes nice pics...I think the pic subjects help this! :laughing:;)

Steinwalzer....keep faith, if it's meant to be, you'll get one!!

Thanks for your kind words, Rod, and congratulations! It seems that I will get my chance, as my mother (unfortunately) doesn't feel well and we canceled the weekend trip. So we will do the normal visit at my parents home. Of course I will rush out saturday morning to that cache and will try to get that coin!!! (If nobody has logged a found on that cache before me... :( )

I discovered another CCC coin (#219) that is located "in the hands of Thoto" on the map. But after I checked it out I found out that this coin is now a traveller. And it sits in a cache directly on my way to my parents. The start of this multi-cache is maybe 1 km away from the autobahn :) But I guess as the "first-finder" of this coin decided to let it travel it would not be OK if I would pick it up to keep it :)

And cngratulations to all recent finders!!!

Thanks for your kind words, Rod, and congratulations! It seems that I will get my chance, as my mother (unfortunately) doesn't feel well and we canceled the weekend trip. So we will do the normal visit at my parents home. Of course I will rush out saturday morning to that cache and will try to get that coin!!! (If nobody has logged a found on that cache before me... :) )

I discovered another CCC coin (#219) that is located "in the hands of Thoto" on the map. But after I checked it out I found out that this coin is now a traveller. And it sits in a cache directly on my way to my parents. The start of this multi-cache is maybe 1 km away from the autobahn :( But I guess as the "first-finder" of this coin decided to let it travel it would not be OK if I would pick it up to keep it :)

And cngratulations to all recent finders!!!

I think it would be OK to find it and keep it. They followed the rules on the coins page, and you would be as well. Their actions didn't change the goal of the coin. They were satified with just finding and moving it, which is way cool IMHO. Grab it and move it or keep it.

Those coins are sacred to me, I wil never let them out of my sight!!

Hehehe... that's what I said, and then I decided that I would let the coin make it through a few cache placements so some of the local cachers who are very big into trackables could get the icon.

Oh man, we're *very* anxiously awaiting its arrival back home. mightyzinn has on a few occasions since releasing it been *very* upset with me over it. We love that coin, but we really wanted to do it as a way to try and give back to a couple of the folks here who have been really nice to us or who we feel add a lot to our area. Now if it would just hurry up back home ;-)

Well now I am so stunned that I don't know what to say.

This is probably the first coin I have ever really wanted.

I saw LadyBee4T's CCC coin at her house and spent an inordinate amount of time playing with it in the light, cupping my hands to see it light up.... and then repeated the sequence over and over. All the while she is trying to talk about a tough cache we had been working on together.

She finally got it away from me so I could concentrate.

Since that day I have been checking in occasionally in the coin forums just for fun and to help de-stress after long days at work and home.

I watched Rocking Rod get one earlier in the week and I was thrilled for him. When his coins were stolen recently it was really a sad day for him, so I was pleased as punch that he got one, though at the same time just a bit jealous I will admit.

After 3 horrifically stressful and difficult days at work I really needed to just get out and loosen up a bit. LadyBee4T and I met to make another attempt at a long hard cache we have been doing. We drove a long way, and got another stage, but it was just too cold to continue. We broke for lunch and when we realized we still couldn't feel our fingers after 20 minutes we knew that we were going to have to call it a day and try with more layers next week.

Just as I was feeling the disappointment of not finishing this cache, she set an envelope on the table with my name on it....

When I noticed it between flaming bites of my spicy chicken salad (I ate Beverly's hot peppers) , I opened it wondering just what she was up to.....

I sure hope the fellas sitting in Wendy's get over their terror at hearing me scream when I saw what was in there.

I didn't mean to frighten them...nor the staff either.

There was a typed sheet of paper that said a little birdie had told the CCC that I was smitten with this coin.

Yup, that would be true!

LB4T says it was mailed anonymously to her with the request to get it to me. Had we finished today she would have snuck it into the cache, but since we were not going to complete our mission, she chose to complete her mission anyway.

I am still stunned. I admit it, I cried on the way home. It's been a pretty doggone hard week and this was a real piece of pleasure blended in to that, making what I went through the last few days more sweet.

Thank you so much. What a kind and considerate thing for you to do. I am a bit (well ok, more than a bit) of a practical joker and silliness person, so this coin just speaks that to me and I have liked it from the minute I saw it.

It will not leave my ownership. Nor will this kindness leave my memory.

In gratitude, Nurse Nanna

Congrats to Nurse Nanna! You also deserve this awesome coin! Congrats once again to you and all the winners. (I am also sure the people at Wendys were baffled by you in the parking lot screaming :D ) Congrats to another Michigan Cacher with this coin

From what I was told she was screaming INSIDE the restaurant!! Congratulations Anne!!!

I can say for sure that it was definitely a shriek that escaped from her mouth. :huh: She forgot the dance I'm afraid though but I do think the other customers were thankful for that one little oversight!!

Well, I meant to do a dance to bring the CCC to town, but yes...she'll have to dance the finder's dance for us, now won't she? Great job Beverly...CONGRATS Anne!! Thank-You CCC, you've made some Michiganders VERY happy!!

I love the LB4T and NN caching stories. I live good caching vicariously through your caching group.

Congrats Anne. Well deserved!! :)

They are the greatest "odd couple" I've ever known!! I just got a call from Anne (got a bit more of the story...such fun) and am looking forward to doing some more caching in the VERY near future with these two wonderful people!!

I sure hope the fellas sitting in Wendy's get over their terror at hearing me scream when I saw what was in there....

:anicute::D:D This was a great story! Thanks so much for sharing and congratulations. And thanks again to CCC for my own little coin. I really like this guy! And I identify with Nurse Nanna... I love to laugh and joke so I especially love this coin for that. :anibad:

Congrats again, NN! :)

Great finds!... Sure know the feeling of a mystery coin showing up in your hands rather it was a mad dash to the cache or it mysteriously showing up right in front of you~Very good feeling and I am happy to read these mysterious finds!...Good stuff here!

Congrats to all you Creepy Crawly Cacher grabbers...Waitin for that bump in the dark!!!! I Guess worms are for wussies!!!~Next trick or treat coming soon!!! :lol:

OK, I promised to write a little bit more about my CCC coin...

About 3 weeks ago I realized that there is a CCC coin in a cache not too far away from my parents home (a 30 minute drive). I didn't have much hope that this coin would be waiting for me, as my next visit was planned for the first December weekend and the coin was placed there at November 4th. But I put the cache and the coin on my watchlist, and nobody seemed to care about it, although 10 other people were watching the cache. The weekend came closer and closer and the coin was still there, and then my parents decided to spend that weekend in another part of Germany and invited us to join them. Of course we said yes (family goes first), and I lost all hopes to get this coin. Last Wednesday my mother called me to tell me that she didn't feel well (she has a serious heart disease) and that she would like to cancel the trip. No good news for the family (but it wasn't that bad, she just didn't want to stay in a hotel and was afraid that it was too stressful for her), but good news for me regarding the coin :lol:

I watched the cache and the coin the following days even more, but nothing happened there. Friday we arrived at my parents home, and on saturday morning I wanted to rush out for the cache. But first my mother had other plans for us. Check the christmas lights outside, decorate the veranda, buy beverages... I began to get really nervous, as I knew that from now on having the cache and the coin on the watchlist wouldn't help anymore, as everyone who would find that cache would log it later in the afternoon or evening... B) But family goes first, and at 11 am we finally were able to leave.

No problems with traffic on the autobahn, but when we arrived close to the starting point of the (short) multi-stage-cache, there was a sign that the road was closed and we tried the redirection. But that led us only farther away from the starting point, so we went back, ignored the sign (it said something like "free until ...) and had no problems finding the starting point. But my better-half first wanted to have a look at a nearby old monastery which was only 1 km away... so we drove there first, he took some pictures, I found a micro-cache, and then finally I could start searching for the cache!

It was not a classic multi-stage-cache, but a multi-cache where you had to find the numbers for the final location from one point (look for this, look for that, etc.). No problems with the first two numbers, but the third one was a little bit tricky. At first I thought the "big pot" wasn't there anymore, but then I realzied that it was part of the factory behind me, and it was a really big pot B):D I calculated the final coordinates, and off I went from that beautiful scenic place (well, in one direction, in the other you had this really big factory, but in the other direction you had a great view over whole Cologne) downhill through the woods, had to cross a little creek and then I was at the cache location. Nobody was there for about 4 weeks, and in this time the trees lost their leaves, and the cache was really well hidden under them. But the coords were really good, and so I found it really fast. A big ammo box, and I couldn't wait to look inside to see if the coin was really there.. B)

CCC_1.jpg

But then I opened it, looked inside, and IT WAS STILL THERE, after 4 weeks :DB):D:D

CCC_2.jpg

I grabbed the coin, signed the log, left a pin and a Tatanka Pejula coin, put the cache back in his place and happy I went back to the car B):D:D There I had to search for my flashlight to test the glow, and then we went back home :D I carried the coin with me for the rest of the weekend, and I love to watch it glow in the dark B)

Thanks so much, CCC!!!

Here is another picture of the coin, together with my GSA and the Geocoin Fairy:

Mysterycoins.jpg

Geeze O pete Steinwalzer...That was the runaround for that coin!!!! :lol: I dont know how you did it without creepin out in the middle of the night, but it all worked out well for ya...Great story, and boy how you deserve that coin.

Same thing happened to me with my Leprechaun...was sittin in the cache for over a month, then even got found the day before I arrived in Kansas City~But it was still there after I had a Big Ol DNF on that one the first day lookin!!!

And SCYoli just had it handed to them???? Shoot...that was easy!