CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

Happy Halloween indeed! :):) What better place to find a coin than in our own piggy bank. Woke up this morning to see CCC had made it to paradise and logged 2 caches including one of ours!

Here is our log:

October 31 by sillygirl & jrr

HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!! Wow it is a good thing this cache is (pretty much) on jrr's way into work. With an early meeting today a stop here required some creative parking. Found our cache nicely hidden and CreepyCrawlyCachers coin #97 right on top. Traded it for an unactivated Trick or Treat coin in honor of the day. BOO! And Mahalo CCC for making our day.

So after a long morning I finally got a chance to escape to my office for lunch to truly admire the coin. I did get to see it glowing this morning as it wasn't fully light out when I retrieved it from the cache.

Thanks again to the CreepyCrawlyCachers!

jrr

PS: Degai I didn't do anything. The CCCs did all the work I just posted the link!

Happy Halloween Everyone!! We have also been visited by CCC. At one of our caches today. The best Halloween treat of all!! I had to wait all day at work while the coin sat in the cache...hoping no one would get there first. Then the traffic on the way home.... but we are now the proud owners of number 227. Thanks so much CCC! You made my day!! :) :) :)

Congrats to all the recent finders too! Have a happy and safe Halloween everyone!! :D

Thanks, CCC, for all the happiness you have brought to us. I haven't received one yet, and I still would love to, but I have had fun reading all the stories from the finders. :D

Here's a couple Jack-o-Lanterns I carved in your honor, CCC! :D

100_2879.jpg

100_2880.jpg

Some mighty fine pumpkin carving! :D

We did a panorama carved pumpkin one year, with carvings the whole way around, which turned out to make for a mighty weak pumpkin! :) I think the poor thing lasted about 2 days before the top "melted" down, nothing like October in the south. :)

Frost? What's that? :)

I went to a new cache near my place today thinking I was going to be FTF. Well I wasn't that but I was lucky enough to find one of these coins. Hmmmm What did I do to deserve this honor. :) Thank you so very much CCC. #76 found it's way to Canada somehow right on Halloween. :)

Edited by graylling

Congrats to recent finders.

I'm still on the lookout for one that may have fallen through a time warp but had a great time reading the stories and looking at the photos posted here.

Happy (belated) Halloween

You know It's just a jump to the left. And then a step to the right.....

:mad:

Happy Belated Halloween to all hope everyone had fun, thanks to CCC for the hunt and thanks to all for the hillarious stories of the quest for the coin.

They are brightened my day and occasionally really proven the point to my coworkers that I am not sane and that there are more like me out there. :D

WOOO HOOOO! Number Seventy two!

Had word that the beach by this cache had some mischief last night by the local kids and went to check it to make sure the cache was ok and looky look!

Now I'm not so sure it was the kids who were causing the mischief now, looks like the village might be unfairly pinning the blame on them!

THANKS CCC!!

*doin' the happy dance!*

Congrats Mouskakat!...and all the others who have recieved this one!... Especially Deafhunt!!!!!!!!

Man I was hopin to get a new camera and snap a pic of my Sweetpeas Worm bin...I figured that may get me a Creepy Crawly! Maybe later...Cant have em all! :D

Edited by 007BigD

WOOHOO. CCC has been down under. YEEEEEHAAAAA.

Shot out on Halloween night to look at a coin in a local cache that I'd been wanting to see for a while only to find it had already been retrieved. :D

Instead I found that the Creepy Crawly Cachers had been to town and had dropped one of their coins into GC14JK9 - Deathly Hallows. Very appropriate!

So I am now the proud owner of CCC #80. Thank you very much to the awesome generosity of those behind this very cool mystery.

Happy Happy dancing!!!!!!

WOOHOO. CCC has been down under. YEEEEEHAAAAA.

Shot out on Halloween night to look at a coin in a local cache that I'd been wanting to see for a while only to find it had already been retrieved. :D

Instead I found that the Creepy Crawly Cachers had been to town and had dropped one of their coins into GC14JK9 - Deathly Hallows. Very appropriate!

So I am now the proud owner of CCC #80. Thank you very much to the awesome generosity of those behind this very cool mystery.

Happy Happy dancing!!!!!!

Cool! Congrats :mad:

Congrats to all the recent finders! Whata great All Hallow's Eve!

How about we all do the Monster Mash? :D

We are listening to it right now! Great idea! Dancing Fools With a Coin in Hand! :mad:

C'mon let's all MASH!

I was working in the lab late one night

When my eyes beheld an eerie sight

For my monster from his slab began to rise

And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash

He did the monster mash

The monster mash

It was a graveyard smash

He did the mash

It caught on in a flash

He did the mash

He did the monster mash

From my laboratory in the castle east

To the master bedroom where the vampires feast

The ghouls all came from their humble abodes

To get a jolt from my electrodes

They did the mash

They did the monster mash

The monster mash

It was a graveyard smash

They did the mash

It caught on in a flash

They did the mash

They did the monster mash

The zombies were having fun

The party had just begun

The guests included Wolf Man

Dracula and his son

The scene was rockin', all were digging the sounds

Igor on chains, backed by his baying hounds

The coffin-bangers were about to arrive

With their vocal group, "The Crypt-Kicker Five"

They played the mash

They played the monster mash

The monster mash

It was a graveyard smash

They played the mash

It caught on in a flash

They played the mash

They played the monster mash

Out from his coffin, Drac's voice did ring

Seems he was troubled by just one thing

He opened the lid and shook his fist

And said, "Whatever happened to my Transylvania twist?"

It's now the mash

It's now the monster mash

The monster mash

And it's a graveyard smash

It's now the mash

It's caught on in a flash

It's now the mash

It's now the monster mash

Now everything's cool, Drac's a part of the band

And my monster mash is the hit of the land

For you, the living, this mash was meant too

When you get to my door, tell them Boris sent you

Then you can mash

Then you can monster mash

The monster mash

And do my graveyard smash

Then you can mash

You'll catch on in a flash

Then you can mash

Then you can monster mash

Well, I have to tell you all my story!!

I love to come home at night after a LOOOONG day at the hospital, taking care of some of the most wonderful patients (o.k., not every day has wonderful patients, but I try to find something good in every day that can make their stays better), and can't wait to sign on to my computer, so I can read more Mystery Coin Find stories. You guys just don't understand how this helps me relax after a busy day!!! It's the best part of my day, to just unwind, and not really think, just enjoy!!

Anyways, today was an unusually challenging day at work. One of my favorite patients has, once again, taken a turn for the worst. He and his family have got to be some of the most awesome people I have met since becoming a nurse, so this is truly a heartache for our whole staff. I won't go into detail, but it just wasn't a great day. I got off work really late, and am just now, at 9:00 pm, getting home from work (I work 7am-7pm). Was just thinking how I would just get home, fix a bowl of cereal, and go to bed, not even fire up the computer.

Well, to my surprise, as I'm driving down my quiet street, I see an EEEERIE glow coming from my mailbox as I approach home. I'm thinking, O.K., last night was Halloween and the neighborhood kids have been up to their tricks again! So I pull in the driveway, look at the mailbox, look at the front door, look back at the mailbox, and that glow is still there! So I go to the mailbox, and open it up, and to my UTTER AMAZEMENT and WONDERFUL JOY, I find - my very own, personal, beautiful, wacky, FAMILY PHOTO COIN!!! O.k., not quite a family portrait, but close on some of my relatives, if you ask my hubby!!

I am now the proud owner of # 291 - Creepy Crawly Cachers Coin!!!!

Guys, you really made my day!!! Thank you!!!!!! :D ( But I'd really like to know where you got hold of some of our family photos!!??)

CreepyCrawlersCacherCoinFront.jpg

CreepyCrawlersCacherCoinBack.jpg

Ya'll know how some things happen at just the right time? I have thoroughly enjoyed reading everyone's stories about being blessed by CCC.

Well, CCC, just to let you know, your kindness could not have arrived at a better time.

I was quite grieved after a most difficult day at the clinic, having had to tell three men they had prostate cancer and two women they had bladder cancer. That really wears me as their physician down. I try not to let myself get emotionally involved with my patients, but I find that that is impossible. I do hurt for them. I know I can help them and that they will get better... completely most of the time... but they sure don't know that or believe that when I drop the bombshell on them that they have "the C-word."

So arriving home feeling pretty glum, my spirit was lifted amazingly high when I saw one very unexpected envelope on the counter! My hands started a'shakin' and I just couldn't quit grinning as I slit open that mailer and out slid the most Amazing Halloween Treat I've ever received. :D

Mrs. derschlings found that grin contagious as I relayed the whole story of this mongoCool coin (okay, as much of the story as I know :lol: ) 'Course the youngunz just wanted to run off with it into the closet to see how bright it glows. Finally got them to settle down long enough to snap a pic of the littles with our new favorite coin...

c898c51e-e104-41cb-9301-b6eb392b8d83.jpg

So THANK YOU CrazyCaveLover!

a grateful cacher n doc,

Mark aka derschlings aka PeoplePlumber