CreepyCrawlyCachers Mystery Geocoin

CreepyCrawlyCachers

I can't wait to see one of these cool coins! Now if they have a bat in them like your avatar I think you might appreciate this story.

I was driving the car down a nearby main street at night when I thought something flew right by my head inside the car. I pulled into the nearest well lit place I could and checked the entire car out but found nothing so I thought I was just imagining things. About 3 weeks later we were driving back on the interstate from up north, when Tom suddenly said something flew from the back and landed on his leg. Yeah right I thought with two dogs in the car something flew right by them and they didn't even move. Hmmmm I turned on the overheard and boy was I startled. There was a bat sitting right there on his leg! I pulled over rather quickly and was very glad no one was between me and the very narrow shoulder. Luckily there was a glove right there and he gingerly picked up the bat, listened to it squeal and opened the window to let it out. That car is now officially called the Batmobile!

Very :D

giant_weta.jpg

We have some pretty creepy crawlies down here, I hope you can find time to pay a visit, I'm sure you would feel right at home :blink:

Wow, that has got to be one of the most disgusting things I've ever seen. Why would anyone put that on their hand? Ick

Can't wait to see a pic of the coin :blink:

Oh the suspense is killing me! I wonder what this coin looks like. My guess would be a Grim Reaper or a Bat. Hopefully the first sighting is soon so we can all find out.

Team Chelmo, what is the name of that creepy crawley? It almost looks like a cricket that ate Miracle Grow or some toxic mixture and grew 10000 times it's size. Thank goodness we don't have those here or I'd never leave my house.

.....Anthus

Edited by Anthus

Very :D

b758ffe3-1310-4b05-bb09-6b227611ad16.jpg

We have some pretty creepy crawlies down here, I hope you can find time to pay a visit, I'm sure you would feel right at home :D

Almost kinda looks like it would taste like lobster :blink: probably tastes like chicken though :blink:

Back on topic: can't wait to see the smiling faces of those who start getting this mystery coin and a trackable one at that!

Oh the suspense is killing me! I wonder what this coin looks like. My guess would be a Grim Reaper or a Bat. Hopefully the first sighting is soon so we can all find out.

Team Chelmo, what is the name of that creepy crawley? It almost looks like a cricket that ate Miracle Grow or some toxic mixture and grew 10000 times it's size. Thank goodness we don't have those here or I'd never leave my house.

.....Anthus

He is a GIANT Weta

Cali is a bit far for me to fly (Considering Kiwi's can't fly ;) ), will wait and hope for something a bit closer :yikes:

Only 2287.9mi from my house :sad:

Maybe CCC's already on his/her way to the east coast...

Cannot wait for someone to find this so that we can finally see what this coin looks like.

...Anthus

Yes a bit far for me to drive too 2366.9mi from home. ;)

But he/she could be crawlin to the east coast at this very moment. :yikes:

I carefully reached over a ledge in a tree growth higher then I could see Saturday while doing a cache and while slowly reaching around ran my hand into a bat! Wasn't sure what it was at first until I got high enough to see what it was - glad it didn't waken or anything. Creepy!

Would love to see a coin make it up here near us in Wa.

I found one of these coins at Ulistac Nature Preserve after the event cache yesterday. I didn't realize it was trackable at first because there was no tracking number on the back or the front. (It's in really tiny print on the side.) MamaBe was with me and she wanted the tracking number but I only saw the number '78'. So, what does it mean to be a mystery coin - do I use it to solve a puzzle?

- KendraH

Edited by KendraH

I found one of these coins at Ulistac Nature Preserve after the event cache yesterday. I didn't realize it was trackable at first because there was no tracking number on the back or the front. (It's in really tiny print on the side.) MamaBe was with me and she wanted the tracking number but I only saw the number '78'. So, what does it mean to be a mystery coin - do I use it to solve a puzzle?

- KendraH

Congratulations on your find!! :mad: A mystery coin means that it was made by an anonymous geocacher(s). They are usually distributed in caches for other lucky geocachers to find. The only thing that is usually asked is that you trade fairly for it. (Usually with an unactivated geocoin for someone else to grab.) This is the first mystery geocoin that is trackable...you can keep it if you'd like or place it in another geocache or gift it to someone else. I's up to you. Just please DO NOT sell it.

One other thing ...we are all DYING to know what this mystery coin looks like. Can you please post a picture?? :mad:<_<

Boo!

Got a variety of packages in the mail today, one of which left me scratching my head wondering what would be inside!

I guess the Halloween decorations we put up this weekend paid off, lookee what I got!!! :huh::mad:<_<

Thank you Creepy Crawly Cachers, you've really got me in the spirit of the season now! :mad:

CCCFront.jpg

CCCBack.jpg

ccc_f.jpg

ccc_b.jpg

ccc_card.jpg

Ok, Heres what I know...

the coin is oval, its 2" wide and a little over 1.5" tall and have epoxy dome on both sides.

it glows as you can see further in the thread by the very nice pics..

it IS trackable MC prefix (Mystery Coin?) and activated and owned by you know who.

on the top edge it says trackable on geocachin.com, and the bottom edge has the tracking number.

mine came in the mail from someone i have traded with previously with full mailing label with return address, but I will not say from who.

it was a very nice surprise!!

Edited by Nero