Caching in the Southern Drakensberg

Wally & Chippy

The caches we set in the St Bernard's Peak area have not made it onto the weekly newsmail in some areas as they are beyond the usual radius. For those who haven't heard about the caches, or don't know the area, St Bernard's Peak is a lovely area and worth a stay at the hotel which is a very pleasant and comfortable spot run by really nice people (Ian and Cheri) and the food is good. There is also horse-riding and nearby trout fishing.

The caches are :

GC12GZR Lookout Hill

GC12GZ2 Waterfall Cave - Bushman paintings

GC12WH4 Bamboo Pools

GC12GZ9 Transkei View Cave

GC12GZG The Pig

The first three are easy walks from the hotel. The fourth involves a climb up onto a ridge, and the fifth can be made into a day's outing (combining it with Waterfall Cave and Transkei View Cave).

Wally & Chippy

I also managed to find the first 4 of the caches this past weekend - fantastic caches in a great part of the world!

I had a scrumptious Sunday roast at the lodge for lunch, which slowed me down a bit later!

Hey, Rhino, why don't we make a day's outing to find the 5th one, The Pig? Anyone else wanna come along?

Edited by Neville Bailey