Software from GPS to PC

imetchris

My dad lent me his garmin etrex legend for geocaching, but didnt have all the parts. after doing some research ive just figured out that it can connect to the computer with an adapter (that he doesnt have anymore) I found the adapter online so i think i will buy it only if my question can be answered...

my question issss:

are there any programs that i could buy (example the metroguide north america dvd) that would allow me to upload the routes ive saved in my gps? I like to make drawings from the lines i create on my travels throughout boston, but my lines are all getting crowded and i dont want to delete them just yet. i was hoping to find a program that would allow me to upload the routes i make in my gps to my computer so i can save them on the computer and delete them off my gps.

does this make any sense?!

You need Garmin MapSource, which comes with their topo or street navigation maps. MapSource will let you upload breadcrumb tracks and waypoints from your GPSr to your computer, and you can work with them further there. The least expensive package is Garmin US Topo 2008 (doesn't do street navigation). You can probably find older versions of Garmin US Topo on eBay for less. They should work just as well for what you want to do.

thank you!

You need Garmin MapSource, which comes with their topo or street navigation maps. MapSource will let you upload breadcrumb tracks and waypoints from your GPSr to your computer, and you can work with them further there. The least expensive package is Garmin US Topo 2008 (doesn't do street navigation). You can probably find older versions of Garmin US Topo on eBay for less. They should work just as well for what you want to do.