Adding New Address Book.

mousekakat

Somebody told me I wasnt on there and I thought I had already signed up fer it...And Darn if I dont have the linky!!! I know I was on the first one! :lol: Can I get it again :D

007-BigD@live.com Thanks! :D

Your listed as having access but your info isn't on the list. I sent you an e-mail with the info.

Just as a reminder...

The list is not to be used for other purposes other then getting someone's address to send them a coin. It has come to my attention that someone is using it for another purpose and they have been advised not to use the list for that purpose. It also looks like someone is taking people out and mixing up the info. Please do not do this. Continuing this just may keep people from wanting to be a part of this list and ruin it for others in the future. We want to keep this fun. :D

And for the record, I have an email sent to me when changes are made and who makes them, so let's keep this on the up and up. I'd hate to see anyone excluded from the list!

Using or abusing the list for reasons other than what it was intended for will be grounds for removal from it, including access to it!

Naomi :D

[ It also looks like someone is taking people out and mixing up the info. Please do not do this. Continuing this just may keep people from wanting to be a part of this list and ruin it for others in the future. We want to keep this fun. ;)

I had not visited the list lately, but received a sort of promotional email.

When I visited the list again, much to my surprise I noticed all of a sudden I was someone else.

Someone had been mixing names and addresses.

I already changed it back, but it might be usefull for others to check their data too.

I would hate the idea of someone wanting to send me a...let's say Team Fisur coin, and it ends up in someone elses mailbox ;)

[ It also looks like someone is taking people out and mixing up the info. Please do not do this. Continuing this just may keep people from wanting to be a part of this list and ruin it for others in the future. We want to keep this fun. B)

I had not visited the list lately, but received a sort of promotional email.

When I visited the list again, much to my surprise I noticed all of a sudden I was someone else.

Someone had been mixing names and addresses.

I already changed it back, but it might be usefull for others to check their data too.

I would hate the idea of someone wanting to send me a...let's say Team Fisur coin, and it ends up in someone elses mailbox ;)

Could be that people who are trying to edit this document do not know how to do so, last time I looked it had been 'sorted' - but whoever did the sorting doesn't know how to sort a whole document and several times before the headers got protected - they were always being overwritten.

I would suggest that the document is locked but made available for viewing and editing rights kept to as few people as possible. This should prevent this sort of problem happening time and again.

And for the record, I have an email sent to me when changes are made and who makes them, so let's keep this on the up and up. I'd hate to see anyone excluded from the list!

Using or abusing the list for reasons other than what it was intended for will be grounds for removal from it, including access to it!

Naomi :)

Well, thank goodness there is a "credibility" clause! I can't belive an ADULT (well, obviously not an adult) would do something like this! Hmph! ;)B)

nope sorry im still getting a message saying i do not have permission to access this spreadsheet

I have been in the address book since it started. Last night I needed an address but when I clicked on my bookmark the page loaded completely blank. I found my old email from when I first signed up and click on the link in the email and the page still loaded blank.

I then went directly to my docs.google account and signed in. It showed all of the documents that I have signed up for. I clicked on the address book and it opened right up. Hope this helps. If not, send me your email address and I will send you another invite. ~Karen

Edited by kehunt64

i dont know if this is a problem, but i was sent an invite to myactive email addy that allowed my to see the list. but when i wanted to add my details i would have had to set up a gmail account. and i really didnt want to do that cos i personally dont like to have emails set up just to be able to do one small function like this. i had another friend on the list add my details for me.

but anyway the point is i cant see the addy lists anymore.

i dont know what to do. ill email you kehunt and hope that i can see the list again for a while at least, i guess i will have to do this sometimes.

You don't have to have a g-mail account to access the list. You just use the address that the invite was sent to. For me to get in there I log in using my aol address. If your still having problems let me know what e-mail address the invite was sent to and I'll make sure your still listed in there as having access.

I realized that something has change!

The first column had the codenames of the geocachers, which was useful! Now the column is empty, and the codenames are in the 8th column! It is hard to search someone like that!

And.....where are the postal codes??? I think there was a column with them!!

Thanks for the heads up GATOULIS. I went in and I think I have everything back to normal. If anyone finds that they have things messed up in there and can't figure out how to get it back please say something before information is lost.

I requested and was granted access earlier today. Now I am not able to access the document. Am I doing something wrong??

Thanks for the heads up GATOULIS. I went in and I think I have everything back to normal. If anyone finds that they have things messed up in there and can't figure out how to get it back please say something before information is lost.

I requested and was granted access earlier today. Now I am not able to access the document. Am I doing something wrong??

Not that I know of. When I changed things back I didn't do anything with the addresses listed as having access. Shoot me your e-mail address and I'll double check to make sure your still in there.

Please ignore the permission request that got sent from my gmail account (yankeepride20@gmail.com); I just saw the post about not needing to use the gmail account. I would like an invite sent to the email address used here on this forum (my normal geo email). Thanks.

Looks like one was already sent to your mindspring.com address. Is that the one you are referring to?

Please ignore the permission request that got sent from my gmail account (yankeepride20@gmail.com); I just saw the post about not needing to use the gmail account. I would like an invite sent to the email address used here on this forum (my normal geo email). Thanks.

Looks like one was already sent to your mindspring.com address. Is that the one you are referring to?

Yes, and I updated my info there, thanks!

Seems I can't access it now either. I used the link in my original invitiation e-mail, but I get this message:

>We're sorry, does not have permission to access this spreadsheet.

>

>This invitation was sent to slotrekker@charter.net, but you are currently signed in as . (Sign in as a >different user or request access to this document)

It was working when I last tried it, but that was some time ago. Can you send me another invite?

Woo Hoo!!! I finally got it to work... Don't know why it wasn't working for me before, but now it seems to work fine and I finally got to add myself to the list!!!!

i am loving your cat picture/avatar. what breed is it?

the address book thing is a great idea folks!

lara

Thanks Lara, the picture is of my cat Max. He is more like a son than a pet, since I have only been blessed with daughters. Since I live with 3 females in the house now (2 daughters moved out and my mother moved in), the estrogen level was getting to be too high and I just had to get me a male cat to help balance things out a bit. Max is a purebred fawn Abyssinian (fawn being the color of his ticked coat). Unfortunately due to a congenital defect (kink in his tail) he is not show quality, however he does fancy himself as being the prince of his domain anyway (I am the king).

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the document? I have received the invite via email but when I click on the link, I receive a message indicating the page cannot be found and that the page I am looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. I would dearly like to be able to participate in this initiative if at all possible.

Cheers from Australia :)

Is anyone else having difficulty accessing the document? I have received the invite via email but when I click on the link, I receive a message indicating the page cannot be found and that the page I am looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. I would dearly like to be able to participate in this initiative if at all possible.

Cheers from Australia :grin:

I'm having a different problem. I was added to the list early this year and never had any problems accessing it. But today, when I go to my google docs page, this document is missing!! Help....anyone!?!?

I'm having a different problem. I was added to the list early this year and never had any problems accessing it. But today, when I go to my google docs page, this document is missing!! Help....anyone!?!?

It's working ok for me - I just sent you another invite, hopefully you can access it again now.

Your problem sounds different, possibly a server issue. If you pm me your email address I will try and send you the invite again, if that might help?

Sometimes if I haven't used the page for a while, I get the same message some of you have written about. I click on the sign up as a different user and sign in again with my email addy and password. Once that is done I usually get the page fine and just click the address tab on the bottom.

I just figured this was a safety default for the documents.

One would need your e-mail address to see if you have been invited or not.

as of now yalehockeymom & moulinsart are not listed in the address list currently.

if you need an invite send me an e-mail with your e-mail address.

I got a PN from Dolfy, so I will get an invite as soon... :yikes:

Thanx,

moulinsart