Garmin Communicator Upload

Cat Tails

Hi,

I know this same problem happened about two weeks ago and it ended up being a software problem. But I haven't seen anything new posted this evening. Anyways, earlier today I uploaded with communicator and it worked properly by uploading a cache. Now it uploads a waypoint with a blue flag (which is the cache). Is this probably happening again today, or would it be a problem with my GPS. Is anyone else experiencing this problem? Thank in advance for your assistance.

Edited by Cat Tails

I had the same problem today, was OK yesterday and I have noticed that the way geocaching.com displays caches with google maps has changed since yesterday, so I put it down to something that they changed on the website, as I haven't changed anything with my Garmin or PC.

Edit: I've just read on the Geochaching.com thread that others are having the same problems and Groundspeak are looking into it. Hopefully should be sorted out soon.

Edited by daveocean

I had the same problem today, was OK yesterday and I have noticed that the way geocaching.com displays caches with google maps has changed since yesterday, so I put it down to something that they changed on the website, as I haven't changed anything with my Garmin or PC.

Edit: I've just read on the Geochaching.com thread that others are having the same problems and Groundspeak are looking into it. Hopefully should be sorted out soon.

Thanks for the reply and I will locate and read that message.

Hi,

I have the same issue. My first guess was it is caused by the new firmware I put on my Vista HCx (v2.40). I also noticed that the name of the cache is not transferred anymore.

Hopefully Groundspeak can fix the problem quickly. Does someone has the link to the message?

Thanks,

Christian

Hello all

I just downloaded the Garmin Communicator into my MAcintosh and tried to upload a GCwaypoint into GPS MAp60Cx as a test.

Communicator says that it was saved ok but I can't find it anywhere in the GPS. Any suggestions where they go?

I have over 2000 waypoints on an miniSD card, and several personal Waypoints that I've created by hand, but I can't find this new one that is supposed to have been uploaded.

Thoughts?

The waypoint issue has been ongoing for quite awhile now; according to threads in the "Geocaching.com Web Site" section of the forums, it's because Garmin changed some of the code in the Communicator plug-in. They've been working on it for some while now. Seems some days it works for a bit, but then it's broken again. There is a thread about it here, though it's also been mentioned in numerous other threads.

DNStephens - not sure what might be causing your problem, but if your GPS is listing the waypoints in order of what's nearest, that could be it. I've "lost" waypoints because my GPS was listing those within a certain distance, and the one I was looking for was outside that distance. If you try to find it by name, it should show up ("should" being the operative word!). By the way - We were in Ontario caching last weekend; drove over from Algonac three days in a row. Lovely area there around Petrolia. We found a bunch of caches, and I know we saw your name on a good number of the logs we signed.

Hello again

I tried the usual things when machines don't work, I rebooted, still nothing, relaunched Safari, still nothing, Quit Safari and tried FireFox.. voila... my uploaded waypoint was in the Waypoints dB of my GPS.

Is this a Safari thing, or what? I can never get Safari to upload pictures, to any web site, so I usually have to switch to FireFox for that too.