Problem with US topo (not 2008 version)

jjasper13

I'm gearing up for canoe/kayak season and I'm inputting routes into my 60CSx with US topo. Everything works fine until I look at the route/map on my GPS. My GPS labels as many of the route points as possible and tries to display them. I can't see the route because of all the labels. I've went through the menus and tried to declutter everything, but I can't get rid of this problem. Can anyone help me? To fully understand, you need to look at a picture of the screen. 1526248645_5992dc6b2b.jpg

Thanks.

jjasper13

You can change the zoom level at which the waypoint labels appear on your GPSr screen.

While on the map page: Menu > Setup Map > scroll at top of screen to "Map Setup - Points" (the flag symbol) > scroll down to "User Waypoints" and change the Max Zoom level so your Waypoint Labels will appear at whatever zoom level you specify. Note: this will change the zoom level at which all waypoints in your GPSr will appear.

I can turn off route waypoint names in Map Setup on a Garmin 276c....there should be a similar setting to change in the 60 series. Check page 45 of the user manual...Map Setup - Text

Route Waypoint Names On

RouteNamesOn.jpg

Route Waypoint Names Off

RouteNamesOff.jpg

Edited by rws

I can turn off route waypoint names in Map Setup on a Garmin 276c....there should be a similar setting to change in the 60 series. Check page 45 of the user manual...Map Setup - Text

Route Waypoint Names On

RouteNamesOn.jpg

Route Waypoint Names Off

RouteNamesOff.jpg

I've already tried that. It works when I'm just viewing the map, but when I begin to follow a route, the labels come back. Even if I turn user waypoints off. These are not "waypoints" that I'm inputting. They're points created by mapsource when I'm plotting a route. I don't know if those are the same thing.

jjasper13