Anyone use Garmin's "Go Geocaching" link?

Zanobio

I've started using this site from Garmin, simple to use and no software to download. Connect your GPS unit. Go to www.garmin.com and log into My Garmin (make an account if you already haven't).

206078798-L.jpg

Then click on Go Geocaching

206072132-L.jpg

Click on Get Started

206078863-L.jpg

Enter info into Specify your search area

206072012-L.jpg

Select and load your caches you want to find!

- Jay

Nope, just the Cache Code/Name. But can you get more info put into your GPS unit?

If you are a premium member you can do pocket queries. Send them to GSAK. You can load whatever info you want. Size, difficulty, terrain, actual cache name, hint...........

Nope, just the Cache Code/Name. But can you get more info put into your GPS unit?

If you are a premium member you can do pocket queries. Send them to GSAK. You can load whatever info you want. Size, difficulty, terrain, actual cache name, hint...........

I am new to this and just got a Garmin eTrex Legend. You say you can load whatever info you want .... where does it go on your GPS? I thought you had to do the PDA-paperless caching thing for that.

If you become a Premium Member, and use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to handle the data from the Pocket Queries you set up, you can get a detailed Waypoint name on your GPSr. I use these codes for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This includes part of the Name first, so the Waypoint is easier to find by Name. Then the next codes tell me the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

To get part of the hint in the Comments section of the Waypoint, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank of the Send to GPS Dialogue Box:

%Name=10 %hint

If you leave off the %Name and just put %Hint, you'll get more of the longer hints there. The character number is limited, but for people with the 'x' GPSrs, they can get a lot more information there by loading the Waypoints as POIs using Garmin's POI Loader.

If you become a Premium Member, and use GSAK (Geocaching Swiss Army Knife) to handle the data from the Pocket Queries you set up, you can get a detailed Waypoint name on your GPSr. I use these codes for the Waypoint name:

%smart=6 %con1%typ1%dif1%ter1

This includes part of the Name first, so the Waypoint is easier to find by Name. Then the next codes tell me the Size of the container, the Type of cache (Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Puzzle), the Difficulty and Terrain (based on a 10-point scale).

To get part of the hint in the Comments section of the Waypoint, I use this code in the Waypoint Description blank of the Send to GPS Dialogue Box:

%Name=10 %hint

If you leave off the %Name and just put %Hint, you'll get more of the longer hints there. The character number is limited, but for people with the 'x' GPSrs, they can get a lot more information there by loading the Waypoints as POIs using Garmin's POI Loader.

You ROCK!!! This was info I was looking for!!!!