Greek Home Exchange for Geocachers

bobkeenan

Hi,

We are Geocachers from Sacramento, California USA. Every couple of years we take a big trip to different parts of the world. Lately we have added geocaching to our traveling. Last Christmas we hiked all around Germany getting Caches!!!

In order to make trips like this more affordable we do home exchanges. We swap homes and cars with the people in the other country. It makes the trip affordable and you get to meet new people and live in real neighborhoods instead of tourist areas.

We are members of several Home exchange services onliine (homeexchange.com, homeforexcahnge.com, and intervac.com).

Our neighborhood is LOADED with caches. Many of them are mine and they are Very good....even if I do have to say so.

So let me know if you have any interest in a home exchange next year in 2008!!

Hi,

We are Geocachers from Sacramento, California USA. Every couple of years we take a big trip to different parts of the world. Lately we have added geocaching to our traveling. Last Christmas we hiked all around Germany getting Caches!!!

In order to make trips like this more affordable we do home exchanges. We swap homes and cars with the people in the other country. It makes the trip affordable and you get to meet new people and live in real neighborhoods instead of tourist areas.

We are members of several Home exchange services onliine (homeexchange.com, homeforexcahnge.com, and intervac.com).

Our neighborhood is LOADED with caches. Many of them are mine and they are Very good....even if I do have to say so.

My friend,

you are asking to any Greek person to plan his/her holiday for 2008 !!!

This thing STILL does not exist here in Greece.I mean planning our holidays for 2008.

If you change your target, for planning about the first coming weekend you may find one or two volunteers !

But for the year 2008, sounds like an alien project.

Regards.

YanniG

Hi,

My friend,

you are asking to any Greek person to plan his/her holiday for 2008 !!!

This thing STILL does not exist here in Greece.I mean planning our holidays for 2008.

If you change your target, for planning about the first coming weekend you may find one or two volunteers !

But for the year 2008, sounds like an alien project.

Regards.

YanniG

This is so funny. My daughter spent a summer in Greece doing volunteer work. She loved it. But she warned me that Greeks live in the moment and do not plan well for the future. Most of the replies that I got on the Home exchange sites say something like "we would love to come to Sacramento but it is too early to think about 2008". This is in stark contrast to the Germans. We stayed there last Christmas. Planning a year in advance was almost too late!!!

This is so funny. My daughter spent a summer in Greece doing volunteer work. She loved it. But she warned me that Greeks live in the moment and do not plan well for the future. Most of the replies that I got on the Home exchange sites say something like "we would love to come to Sacramento but it is too early to think about 2008". This is in stark contrast to the Germans. We stayed there last Christmas. Planning a year in advance was almost too late!!!

yeah, thats true..

another problem you might face with Greeks that they are interested in exchanging,

is that for a Greek to visit US, needs a Visa issued from the US Embassy in Athens..

Especially close to the summer months, this proccess may be take about 1 and more months

(cause you have to book an apointment and everybody who decide to visit US in the summer will go for the Visa the last minute! :D)

and its a bureaucratic process, that needs for someone to dedicated 1-2 full days, and pay a small fee as well..

many people are getting discouraged from that..

(Why I have to get through all this process to visit US, when I can go to most of the rest of the world, just with my passport, anytime I want)

I complicate it more, I know :laughing:

So you have to found someone who has allready a Visa, or he can arrange early for the summer and issue a Visa early! (thats hard :))

or wait for 1-2 years when Greece go in the US Visa waiver program, so we will not need to issue a Visa prior to our visit..