Scouting Related coins

paulandstacey

There really are about 6 or 7 Scout related geocoins, the 5 listed above and there is a GeoJamboree geocoin and the 2 other Scout knives one for cub scouts that are blue and the pink Girl Scout geocoins, I beleive there are a few others that are in production that have yet to be released I know there is one being designed for a Boy Scout Troop 212 in Long Beach that will be out later this year, Good luck on getting a Knife coin as they are hard to come by, I'm an Eagle Scout with 8 Palms and I cant even get one.

Yours and TMOCM are some of my favorite coins.

Golly! I'm really flattered to have my coin considered as one of your favorites. and I have to say that although I really enjoy all of the Scouting related coins I've been lucky enough to get, my TMOCM coin is one of my personal favorites. I was fortunate to have been given one to take to Philmont with me and drop in a cache. I dropped it somewhere around Raton because there wasn't a cache at the ranch at that time. But the person who picked it up never mentioned so in their log, so we aren't entirely sure where it went.

Never had a chance to meet the old Cub Master. I think we have had some near misses at an event or two ...

Back on topic ... I'm not sure which coin would work well on a hiking stave, but I like the idea. Any idea as to how you will mount it? Will it be drilled and attached with screws? Will it be carved in the shape of the coin and recessed? You've given me an idea and I think I may try carving a hole the shape of my coin all the way through a staff then mounting it inside so I can see both sides ... hmmmmm ...

Heck, I'll trade you one of mine if you want!

*snip*

Back on topic ... I'm not sure which coin would work well on a hiking stave, but I like the idea. Any idea as to how you will mount it? Will it be drilled and attached with screws? Will it be carved in the shape of the coin and recessed? You've given me an idea and I think I may try carving a hole the shape of my coin all the way through a staff then mounting it inside so I can see both sides ... hmmmmm ...

Heck, I'll trade you one of mine if you want!

I was lucky enough to have a hiking staff hand made for me by eastriver, the owner of Canada's first cache.

The coin is mounted in the top of the staff, with gorilla glue, I believe. The side of the staff has my name and the tracking number for the coin. If I can get a decent pic, I will share it :D

Cheers,

Paul

*snip*

I was lucky enough to have a hiking staff hand made for me by eastriver, the owner of Canada's first cache.

The coin is mounted in the top of the staff, with gorilla glue, I believe. The side of the staff has my name and the tracking number for the coin. If I can get a decent pic, I will share it :D

Cheers,

Paul

A custom trackable geocoin embedded personalized hiking staff made by eastriver?! Now that sounds absolutely wonderful! Wow! You are one lucky guy Paul!