How do I post geocoin pics in my gallery?

Nochipra

Your photo gallery is a compilation of all the photos you upload with a log. As such they are intended to be a part of the history associated with caches, trackables and benchmarks.

So the answer is to upload the pictures as part of a log. However, I take it these coins were not found in caches or at events and will not be moving - so I am not sure what sort of log would be appropriate to upload the pictures with.

The only way I can see to do it is to go to an old event I attended and maybe add the pics to my posts. Is there any other way?

Exactly my point - those coins had nothing to do with that meeting - so I think it is inappropriate.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that unless the coins move through a cache or show up at an event - they really are not Geocaching related and don't belong in your geocaching gallery.

The only way I can see to do it is to go to an old event I attended and maybe add the pics to my posts. Is there any other way?

Exactly my point - those coins had nothing to do with that meeting - so I think it is inappropriate.

I guess what I am really trying to say is that unless the coins move through a cache or show up at an event - they really are not Geocaching related and don't belong in your geocaching gallery.

Although I do see your point, I do think that they are geocaching related. The coins I want to post are ones that I won in cointest on this forum or received through trades on this forum. I think we should be able to show them off just as we do the trackable coins with icons. I don't see a problem with going to an old event we attended in 2003 and posting a note to the post we made saying that we are attaching pictures of coins so they will show up in the gallery since there is no other way to put them into it or into a separate non-trackable non activated category.

You could also upload the images to a free image hosting site elsewhere on the internets and link to them in the bio portion of your profile.

That would have been my answer as well.

Look at sites like Photobucket or Imageshack and host them there.

Heck, get creative and then build a simple HTML page to show them off and link to them in your profile as mentioned.

Edited by kealia

But, using photobucket or any similar source will still not add them to your gallery or your trackables. They will only be in your profile. And I am not sure if anyone else can see them if they are on your profile page.

Yes, bu if your intent is to show off your coins, then won't the people who know you have lots of coins be looking at your profile? I see no disconnect there. But to be a real stickler, isn't your gallery accessed by your profile anyway?