What to do? What to do? You decide....

avroair

Ok so after being exhausted from the event yesterday I finally went through my collections after the Geocoinfest and found 5 of the Black Nickel Geocoinfest Mosaic Multi Event coins (BANGMME). These coins were given as Thank Yous to each of the event organizers from me personal stash. And with two events dropping out I am left with 5 extras. (a total of 60 were made, each are trackable and have Thank You engraved on them).

So I put it to a vote, much like the Barry Bonds record breaking home run ball what should I do with them?

a) put an asterisk on them and mail em to Groundspeak :P

:D ebay them for charity :)

c) ebay them to raise money for the 'big event' next year B)

d) hurl them into the hudson river :P

e) drill em, tag em, mutilate em and send em out as travelers (to spread the GCF word) :D

f) one of each ~ all of the above :)

First person to tell me to mail it to them gets slapped by a wet tuna! :D

Pic to come (if someone has a pic post it please).

Mark

Avroair

(GeocoinFest Coordinator)

I vote for a combination of all of the above.

Send 1 coin to Groundspeak. (They donated to a lot of events)

Ebay 2 for charity.

Send one as a traveller.

Okay and I vote for D for one just for fun...throw one in the Hudson river but I want documented proof ti was done. LOL!! :P:)

edited to add:

Thanks for all your hard work too! It was greatly appreciated!!

Edited by PengoFamily

It cost me quite a bit in personal funds to run our event. Tried for a donation jar at the event but came up with a whole $5. :P:) C'est la vie!

Knowing how much our event cost, I would vote for option C. That has the potential to benefit the whole community - or at least those that get to attend in 2008. :P But the trickle down effect will benefit all as we know the goodies have a way of spreading all around after an event. :)

a) put an asterisk on them and mail em to Groundspeak :)

:P ebay them for charity :)

c) ebay them to raise money for the 'big event' next year :D

e) drill em, tag em, mutilate em and send em out as travelers (to spread the GCF word) :P

All the above with 2 going to charity. It'd be nice if one of these could be a traveler as the black nickel looked great and sure lots of folks would appreciate being able to see one.

I'll agree with GPX Navigators, ebay most of them to raise funds for the next event...I forgot to stick out a donations ammo can at our event, and we ended up doing a one ticker per cacher raffle instead of selling the tickets...so I really took a hit in the wallet on the NC event. :)

Maybe save one for the next "big" event, figure out by then the best way to get the value up to auction it off.

Sample coin pic:

GCFThankYouCoin.jpg

Hmmmm...

Auction 1 for charity

Cointest 1 (make it a challenging one though)

Activate 1 and set it free (maybe to visit each of the event organizers...doubt it would make it, but it would be cool if it did)

Sell/auction the last 2 with the proceeds going towards next year's event

Ditto except only sell one since you should send one to me!

It cost me quite a bit in personal funds to run our event. Tried for a donation jar at the event but came up with a whole $5. :):) C'est la vie!

Knowing how much our event cost, I would vote for option C. That has the potential to benefit the whole community - or at least those that get to attend in 2008. :P But the trickle down effect will benefit all as we know the goodies have a way of spreading all around after an event. :P

50/50 cash jar works good at most events, winner takes half and event keeps half for next year.

I vote auction at least 3 of them, lets keep the events going:)

With the amount of out of pocket costs that this years organizers had in some places, I would like to see the money go to the next geocoinfest event. (Of course I would like to lobby for it to be in the Midwest especially Michigan so it is equally distant from both coasts!)

I therefore cast my ballot for ebaying them and the proceeds into the coffers for the next event.

I'd send one to Bryan as a thank you for the donations from Groundspeak.

I'd ebay the other four to raise funds for the big event next year.

What she said!

I'm sending Bryan one that says 'GEOCOINFEST' so if you send him a black one that says 'THANK YOU' he'll have a set.

These are ultra LE, so we vote EBay for the rest and put the cash toward next year's GCF.

Drill em and set them free. This way the only people who have them are truly the volunteers.

I second this one, with the exception of sending one to Groundspeak.

keep them as volunteer coins!

Just to clarify, they were thank you coins from me not volunteer coins. (Hence the reason they are engraved with Thank You rather than Volunteer. :laughing:

Drill em and set them free. This way the only people who have them are truly the volunteers.

I second this one, with the exception of sending one to Groundspeak.

keep them as volunteer coins!

Just to clarify, they were thank you coins from me not volunteer coins. (Hence the reason they are engraved with Thank You rather than Volunteer. :laughing:

Were there volunteer coins too?

Were there volunteer coins too?

Nope.

So I put it to a vote, much like the Barry Bonds record breaking home run ball what should I do with them?

a) put an asterisk on them and mail em to Groundspeak sleep.gif

b.) ebay them for charity happy.gif

c) ebay them to raise money for the 'big event' next year cool.gif

d) hurl them into the hudson river ohmy.gif

e) drill em, tag em, mutilate em and send em out as travelers (to spread the GCF word) biggrin.gif

f) one of each ~ all of the above wacko.gif

Gee, everyone in here is so much more altuistic than I am...

I say sell them on ebay and pocket the money...I know you are out of pocket money for the event...

Nah Dave, I just hadn't chimed in yet. I say, wait until I'm there in two weeks, and I'll be the witness that you pitched them in the Hudson. Camera in hand. I bet they skip . . . :laughing:

I would say 'into the Hudson, and send Avroair in after them!', but I'm not that mean... It would be a good photo thou! :laughing:

My vote is:

send one to Groundspeak

send one out travelling - set the mission to having to visit each event site

and then eBay the other 3 to raise funds for next year

By the way, I still have some wet celery if you want some to go with the wet tuna! A few more items and we'll have a tuna salad :wacko:

I'd say, charity, cointest etc as above.

However, why not run a different type of cointest for the last one ...

This year I have been holding a sort of cointest. It's called the "I Pledge" geocoin and peeps log the coin at events and then pledge to set one wheelchair accessible cache by Christmas. Everyone who completes the pledge is going to have their name put into a hat for some coins at a Christmas event.

See my "I Pledge" coin page, so far 21 new wheelchair accessible caches in the UK. Just imagne how many you could get in USA if you circulate the coin with a log book at the BIG events! :D

(Just as an aside if anyone wants to donate a coin to the I Pledge draw, (not one of these very specials ones) I'd be happy to hear from you!