Geocaching Icons for Garmin POI's

1morbud

Help! I have read the wonderful "Silly POI Tricks" Topic but within the 29 printed pages I keep getting lost as to how to get the geocaching icons to work with my POI's. I have a 60Csx and the icons woks fine when I transfer waypoints from GSAK to my 60Csx. Now I would like to go beyond the 1000 waypoint limit as well as set up different folders of waypoints for the different areas that my family visits frequently. I really enjoy seeing the icons for the less than 1000 limit and would like to see them for all of my POI lists. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hans,

Your website is a great site. I had to upgrade to GSAK 7 to use the Macro, no biggie because I was going to upgrade anyway. The whole process was very easy. I loaded 1500+ caches into my 60Csx and it works.

Questions similar to other posts but I will ask here:

1. The icons have this magenta box around them, do you know how to get rid of this?

2. I assume that because the waypoints are now POI's that ALL of the POI icons will now appear, ie. restaurants, ATMs, churches. Is there a way to turn these off or would I have to reload my maps with the icons turned off?

3. Is there a way to turn off the text in the map view? I just want to see icons, not Cache names & terr/diff.

Let me know what you think.

Thank you again! It was nice to have everything all in one place. Nice job putting all of the information together.

Play On!