The Great Pumpkin!

MustangJoni

It has been just pouring down rain here for the last few days.

Today as I was driving home and approaching my neighborhood,

I thought the sky looked a little orange...

Could it be? Has the Great Geo-Pumpkin paid me a visit?

I pressed the pedal a little harder and raced to get home.

As I pulled into the neighborhood, I could have sworn I saw a

streak of orange dart around the corner just ahead of me...

My heart began to race ... was it true?

Then, as I turned onto my road, this is what I saw:

pumpkin-carving-4.jpg

Just as Linus was mocked, my neighbors were mocking my belief,

but my spirits were not dampened oh Great One -

:)I STILL BELIEVE!:)

LMAO -- that one is just too funny !!

Congrats TMOCM, GBOTS, lindsychris and all the rest of the recent finders!

...Anthus

Congrats eveyone, hope all had a safe Halloween, had to repost pic as it is just too funny :) LMAO, better than any treaters we had too night

I do BELIEVE, and that belief paid off last night!

After a busy night of trick or treaters and a son all wound up on sugar, I finally got him to bed and I sat down at my desk to organize some of my coins.

As I was working I just happened to look up at the computer screen and noticed that I had a new email:

"Great Geo-Pumpkin contacting Creacher..." "Oh my!", I thought, was it true, had the Great Geo-Pumpkin actually descended up on a pumpkin patch close to me?

In fact it WAS true, I was directed to one of my caches, where I was told, a present was awaiting my arrival. Quickly, I rounded up the Blind Squirrel, (my neighbor and caching partner) and we headed out to the cache.

We arrived, located the cache and sure enough, there it was, that small token that I was so eagerly seeking. Coin #125 is now safely in my collection!

In it's place I left one of my new Team Geocache hockey jersey coins for the lucky finder.

THANK YOU, Great Geo-Pumpkin - I Believe!

(If I could find an icon for Signal with a "perma-grin", I would use it here.)

Edited by creacher

Hope everyone had a safe and sweet induced Halloween. I got to sit in a pumpkin patch for a while and take pictures of some 5 & 6 years with blue blankets and then take my kiddies out trick or treating. They all had a blast. I've had fun watching everyones wild chase for the coin and cant wait to see what the next holiday has in store. :D

Happy Day after Halloween! and Congrats to all the Great Geo-Pumpkin finders! I was in the patch all night and no Great Pumpkin!...But I still believe! There is one still sitting in Cali as far as I can see and one that was in nielsencs cache was grabbed!

Still hopin fer another Cali drop...I refrained from Pumpkin bashing while in the patch last night only for respect to the Great Geo-Pumpkin! :D

I BELIEVE!!!!!....I am 33 miles away from the Great Pumpkin! Just into my hotel room and didnt even realize where it was!!!!! Holy Cow...Im really close! ;)

Its 10:40 and Ive got Schooling in the morning, So close I cant resist goin after it tonight! Im off in 5 minutes...Wish me luck!!! :D:)

Should be back soon with a pumpkin if all goes well...Only one finder and no word of the grab!!!!!...Sheesh, what am I still doing here!!!!!~Later

I BELIEVE!!!!!....I am 33 miles away from the Great Pumpkin! Just into my hotel room and didnt even realize where it was!!!!! Holy Cow...Im really close! ;)

Its 10:40 and Ive got Schooling in the morning, So close I cant resist goin after it tonight! Im off in 5 minutes...Wish me luck!!! :D:)

Should be back soon with a pumpkin if all goes well...Only one finder and no word of the grab!!!!!...Sheesh, what am I still doing here!!!!!~Later

Good luck!!!!!

Oh Yes I Believe...I Believe this was by far the Oddest and most meaningfull Mystery Coin chase in the history of BigD!!!

As if getting to my hotel and finding the Great Pumpkin only 33 miles from me wasnt weird enough, even after checkin out the location this morning!...(I had thought I was gonna be a little closer to home for underground Tank testing school on Fri.)

I head out to make the grab with Dolfy's luck in hand and arrive only to be driving in circles...once I found the spot where I was closest, I park and make my way...Only this is when El-Bizzaro hits the Richter! All I can say is that as I approach I see what appears to be..."Can it be?" who is this??" it cant be the Great Pumpkin standing there!!!! I pass him off as a muggle and make my way, when all of a sudden I hear from behind "I have what you seek!...Now that stopped me in my tracks! I turn around and what do I see...None other than The Great Pumpkin fully exposing himself to me!!! :D (Well you know what I mean :)) "You gotta be kiddin me!!!!!"...It just couldnt be!!! "ITS ORANGE" stated the great pumpkin! It was then that I knew this was for real!

But How???? Without even grabbing the cache I had a great pumpkin in hand and was absolutley dumbfounded!!! :D It was a quick chat and before I knew it, he was telling me to grab the cache, sign the log and make the trade!...Then he was off!!! :D Still cant believe what happened there and I tell the gods honest truth here!!!!!!... Heck of a guy that Great Pumpkin I say!

Just when Strange hit The El-Bizzaro scale, it topped out and blew the lid off the scale...Who was here?...None other than Jonny Law who was checkin on what was reported as a Great Pumpkin sighting...Only he knew nothing of what was goin on! I was questioned, and I then told of the Great Pumpkin that I had just recieved. I explained my buisness and gave a quick tutorial on Geocaching, with showing him the Pumpkin, Travel bugs and presenting him the cache. He was interested, but not as interested as he was in my name, address and what I was doing driving a district vehicle. ;) "And who was that 2nd person you were talking to the first time by?"...None other than the Great Pumpkin sir!!!

All was well and Secret Agent Coin Man TB that I had grabbed from my cache before departure made sure of it! I snapped a few pics with the camera I had just purchased on my way down, thanked good ole Jonny Law and made my way home Giddy as the school girls boyfriend! :D

Thank you Great Geo-Pumpkin...Thank you for the most memorable Mystery coin chase I will always remember...and I Believe!

Congrats to you LoriDarlin...and thank you for what you know I am thankin you for...Dont wanna make ya blush any more! But you deserved it!

Here's the Great Pumpkin at the cache with Sandtrackers Secret Agent Coin Man! at Coyote Creek

989f6bf0-83e8-46c2-bbb3-c1d2cb1569e0.jpg

Heres Jonny On the spot!

c4eb7f69-9595-46db-bb0b-64d5c61df9c4.jpg

And here's the Pumpkin with Jonny!...Its a little dark, but its for real~It all is!!!

55943633-df7a-467b-b5c8-e713e1b8d640.jpg

Now off to bed!!!...Gotta rise and shine for schooling!...Too bad the Great Pumpkin had to see me all Dog-eared and scruffy~I was still in my work clothes! :D

I also wanted to pay my respects to the other caches in the area, by this time it was late and I had to head back!

<photo edited by moderator, at poster's request to remove a tracking number>

Edited by Eartha

Doxies stayed up into the weee hours of the mornin', hoping the passing rustle of the Great Pumpkin would tickle their long lil ears...twas not to be on this evening, but we still believe....we still believe...the frost-tinged hills of East Tennessee welcome you, Great Pumpkin!

Yeah! I got one! Kind of like the Nero experience, but I wasn't waiting for kids, I was waiting for 30 miles of morning rush hour traffic!

Sorry, no pictures yet, I'll try to get some and upload today!

Log for GCKTAD

So I get up this morning and do the typical...where was the GSA, the GGP, the Leprechaun and CCC yesterday/last night. And I see that the GGP has logged this cache...on Halloween!

SWEET! It's by the office...but the office is almost an hour away! NO!!!! Traffic..traffic..traffic... Trying not to get run over by people not seeing motorcycles. Man, the traffic was horrible today! Well, maybe it was normal, but it felt horrible! Felt like we were standing still, but we can't be because the miles keep ticking down on the GPSr.

I'm starting 30 miles away, across down town, in morning commute traffic. It won't still be there will it? Nah, it can't be, but I still believe! I have to believe! That coin must be there! I just have to have one!

I arrive on location, and as typical, it's busy. Construction workers filling up their tanks and getting drinks for the day. At least I've done this one before, I don't have to search for it. Look around, wait, watch, GRAB! I open the container with trembling hands...YES! Score! The GGP coin is STILL there! Sweet! I am now the proud owner on number 124-07!

Thank you every so much GGP! I really appreciate your travels and the smile you put on my face! This is a great coin! Thank you thank you thank you!

Haughton

Haughton's Hunters

WOOT !!! I found one !!! I received notification this morning that the GGP had visited a cache about 20 miles from my house. Off I went. It's a nice sunny day today but it's a bit nippy out there -- we had another good frost last night. We made it to gz quickly and without incident and prayed that the GGP coin was still in there -- and it was!!! I'm now the very proud owner of #135 :D:lol::D I think it was the little pumpkin trick or treater on my porch that loured GGP to Somerset. :D

Congrats to the other latest finders (HH, and what a story 007!)

ggp07.jpg

ggp_geocoin.jpg

Thank you GGP for making this Halloween extra special for us!!

....Anthus

Congratulations to Hockeyhick and all the other finders. I tried to join the club this morning going after one near Easley, SC, but when I got there around noon there was no geocoin inside the geocache and no one had signed the log after GGP. I hope it eventually turns up and hope I get another chance at one in the future.

Thanks GGP and congratulations to all again!

<snip>

Son of Cyclops has emailed many of you about trading a gaggle of coins for your one coin, or to buy it out right. The CCC asks that no one sell this coin ever. If you don't wish to retain it, then by all means please release it or pass it on. If you wish to trade it, that is your choice. The CCC has emailed SoC several times explaining not all coins are released yet and to be patient, since he doesn't even know whether he had a coin being placed locally or not. The CCC has gotten a multitude of emails from cache owners and cachers alike asking who this is asking them for their coin, or to check their cache for the coin. <snip> The CCC has asked SoC to stop doing this for weeks now, but it has not stopped. Now it is being asked publicly. Please stop harassing these people for their coins, or to go get a coin from a cache and send it to you. Your greed is taking the fun out of what was meant to be a fun thing for the CCC. To the others, the CCC hopes you do not give in to his request, and instead cherish the coin for yourself.

The CCC is not happy to be in this position and doesn't wish to ruin the fun or dampen the spirits of those posting in this thread. The CCC hopes this will now be a dead issue and will not have to revisited again. The CCC is truly sorry for having to air this here, but it seems nothing else has worked, and ultimately the CCC wants the joy to be yours without the emails begging you for your coin.

The CCC now returns you to your regular programing.

As a Great Geo-Pumpkin I too have been put in this situation. I have been frustrated about and did not know what to do. I am glad that CCC posted the above message it gives me the chance to say ditto.

Even though Halloween is past I still have joy to spread, so please be patient if you have not yet received a coin. I may be on my way to a cache near you tonight. In fact I have many cache internationally to visit but with all the rules and restriction about fruit and food traveling it has taken me some time to visit Europe and other countries, but rest assured I am getting my agriculture approvals and will soon take flight.

I am so glad that everyone loves the coin and I love to see all the great pictures it almost brings a pumpkin seed tear to my triangle eyes.

Now get out to those most sincere pumpkin patches and you might just see a glimpse of me as I pass from cache to cache.

Congratulations to Hockeyhick and all the other finders. I tried to join the club this morning going after one near Easley, SC, but when I got there around noon there was no geocoin inside the geocache and no one had signed the log after GGP. I hope it eventually turns up and hope I get another chance at one in the future.

Thanks GGP and congratulations to all again!

Ooh, that happened to me with the Geocoin Fairy coin that was here in Sweden!

Is that irritating or what! Hang in there, hopefully there'll be another one for you in your area, soon! If it was meant to be, then it was meant to be! :D

Naomi :D

Congratulations to all the finders so far!

And oh, Great Geo-Pumpkin.....

we have a porch full of pumpkins and we still believe in you,

we keep our pumpkins all the way to Thanksgiving.

So we're still hoping to go out one morning

and find without any warning

Not a bumpkin, lumpkin, or frumpkin

but a cute little great geo-pumpkin.

After a week on the road, I just had time to check to see who has been visiet. Glad to see some friends were visited.. (GBOTS and LD). Congrats to all.

:o

Haha Dennis! I was thinking the same thing! Guess I didn't give him enough hugs at the event :blink::)

I guess we are just chop suey :ph34r: ? I tend to think he forgot alot of people. I will have to call him on the phone to let him know you are mad at him!

Edited by Damenace