The Great Pumpkin!

MustangJoni

This cute little guy is deserving of his own thread.

I was at the GeocoinFest in Texas yesterday, and when I got home, this little guy was in my trade box!

greatpumpkin.jpg

Whoever you are, thank you so much!

Oooo... Those are cute! :)

Just wondering... It'd be really cool if the eyes & mouth were in Glow-in-the-dark! Are they? :)

Congrats on being one of the first to be visited!

"It's the Great Pumpkin' Charlie Brown" is one of my favorite all time holiday shows! :D

"I got a Rock!" :P

:P:D:D

D-man B)

Edited by gridlox

I was at the GeocoinFest in Texas yesterday, and when I got home, this little guy was in my trade box!

greatpumpkin.jpg

Oooo... Those are cute! :)

Just wondering... It'd be really cool if the eyes & mouth were in Glow-in-the-dark! Are they? :)

Congrats on being one of the first to be visited!

"It's the Great Pumpkin' Charlie Brown" is one of my favorite all time holiday shows! :D

"I gotta Rock!" :P

:P:D:D

D-man B)

OMG! I didn't even notice!

The eyes and the mouth do glow in the dark!

It is so cute!

Interesting! This mystery coin made its way to the Idaho geocoin event yesterday. Can't recall who walked away with it since I was such a busy bee (literally, I didn't sit down for like 5 hrs!) and I have no recollection of what went on. Still have no clue when the geo pumpkin came by to sign the logbook but it's in there. :) I'm thinking maybe the pumpkin had been hiding in the pumpkin patch which was right behind our event tables. :P

Now if only I could get my hands on one.. I better head back to the pumpkin patch!

"I got a Rock!" :)

I didn't even get a rock!!

You would think The Great Geo-Pumpkin would know I was kidding when I said he didn't exist. And furthermore, I don't eat pumpkin seeds. (Wouldn't want him to think I was committing cannibalism on his family there.) :P .

Hey Great Geo-Pumpkin. I heard gridlox's favortie pie is pumpkin! Eats it all the time! :P

Oh. I love this time of the year. The leaves are turning colors and my favorite holiday -- Halloween.

Big congrats to MJ!

We grew our own pumpkin patch this year -- we tried for the really large pumpkins. They didn't come out so large, but we were still happy with them. The largest is almost 70 pounds (picture below). We'd love to add The Great Geo-Pumpkin to our collection.

sarapumpkin_small.jpg

anthuspumpkinpatch2007.jpg

Anthus Pumpkin Patch 2007

greatpumpkin.jpg

Really nice looking coin.

How do people get chosen to recieve a mystery coin like this one ??

The answer is probably a part of the mystery...

greatpumpkin.jpg

It is a mystery to me! I just had it in my coins when I got home. No idea how it got there or when. It was wrapped in pumpkin paper. Quite a surprise after a really long, fun day!

Congrats guys! Color me jealous! I know what I'll do...I'll find the perfect pumpkin patch and I'll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears. He'll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he'll fly through the air with his bag of coins. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him! I'll be there! I'll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch and I'll see the Great Pumpkin. Just wait and see. I'll see the Great Pumpkin. I'll SEE the Great Pumpkin! Just you wait, the Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him...

Congrats guys! Color me jealous! I know what I'll do...I'll find the perfect pumpkin patch and I'll sit in that pumpkin patch until the Great Pumpkin appears. He'll rise out of that pumpkin patch and he'll fly through the air with his bag of coins. The Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him! I'll be there! I'll be sitting there in that pumpkin patch and I'll see the Great Pumpkin. Just wait and see. I'll see the Great Pumpkin. I'll SEE the Great Pumpkin! Just you wait, the Great Pumpkin will appear and I'll be waiting for him...

I still haven't seen the Great Geo-Pumpkin, but am sure he is on his way here. Maybe he needs directions?

greatpumpkin.jpg

It is a mystery to me! I just had it in my coins when I got home. No idea how it got there or when. It was wrapped in pumpkin paper. Quite a surprise after a really long, fun day!

Hummm !!

I like mystery.

Guess I have to wait a bit and just keep looking at this thread if I want to know more about this cute coin.

By the way, congrats MustangJoni. I forgot to mention it in my last post.

Edited by SecretChief

Hmm... I wonder if this new mystery coin is going to be a "in-the-mail" or "from-a-cache" receiving process... the front-yard pumpkin sales have already begun around here! Congrats to the few that have already acquired this awesome new mystery coin!

All mine so far have been from-a-cache. I did get a chance to see this one last night at an Event 'cache'. Nice Geocoin.

PS, I also like Pumpkin Pie!

Gee sounds like a plan 'cept there are too many mosquitos outside still or at least where Im at. Take a picture for me! :)

I still haven't seen the Great Geo-Pumpkin, but am sure he is on his way here. Maybe he needs directions?

I think he need to ride plane where it will be warm for him to get to alaska .....

Anyone know if this can be bought anywhere? We were not able to go to a Geocoinfest because we had car trouble just before we had planned to go? Did anyone have one at the PA event? It is so cute.

Mystery coins cannot be bought...they can usually be found in caches. Check reguarly on the Great Pumpkin's profile to see where he has rolled.

Alas, there were no Great Pumpkin sitings at the PA event...however there was an 837 pound pumpkin down the road from the event :laughing: