Thanksgiving Day Cointest

PengoFamily

Monday is Thanksgiving Day for us Canucks. :D :D So I thought it might be nice to have a cointest to celebrate it.

You are playing for a Pengo-licious GeoJellie V2.

Rules are very simple. Just post what you are thankful for. 1 post per geocaching family/name please. On Monday, October 8th at 6pm EST we will use a random number generator to pick a winning post.

Thanks! :D

I'm thankful for Geocaching! If not for Geocaching I probably would never have met my boyfriend, Strider :D. And all of the other great people whose paths I would never had crossed. What a GREAT bunch of folks Geocachers are! I can honestly say that Geocaching has totally changed my life - for the better!

CF30

Well, I am thankful for my loving wife who tolarates my coin problem as well as others that I have :D . I am also thankful for the Troops that are keeping our land and country free. Further, I am thankful for waking up everyday and not having a tag on my toe. :D

Thanks for the cointest PF and Happy Thanksgiving.

Also Happy Columbus day to us in the U.S.A. (which is also Monday)

There is so much to be thankful for, but right now, especially, I'm thankful for my two girls, Hanna and Caitlyn, and my husband, Micke.

Some of you know, we recently went through a miscarriage about 2 weeks ago, and it hit us hard and close to the heart. It also made us realize just how hard it wouuld be to lose any of us in our little family, especially since we are a tight little family due to some serious disfunctionality in our family otherwise.

Losing the girls, or each other would be devastating... that is the one silver lining from the miscarriage, it showed us just how devastating it would be and makes us so very grateful for each other.

I'm thankful for GeoDog and the help he gives so freely as an assistance dog. In just a few short years he turned me from someone who didn;t have the confidence to go to the local village for a loaf of bread into someone who could travel UK to California and back with just his help.

Having the courage to place my trust in this wonderful Golden Retriever has paid off a thousand-fold. :D

Currently I am thankful for cellphones and darn good timing to help my brother, who was on vacation, during a family emergency.

I feel that we are thankful for many things. At times we receive miracles in unusual packages when the timing is "right place at the right time" Thus my thankfullness for cell phones since Friday.

Accordiongal

I am thankful for cointests! :D

I am most thankful for my family because without them there would be nothing worth living for.

This is a great cointest. Just reading the posts makes me weepy, but I think it's great to really stop and think about what is important in this world.

Have a great Thanksgiving up in Canada this Monday! Someone said you can eat lots of pie as long as you don't eat the crust!

I am thankful for geocaching. It has given me so much-brought me to many wonderful and amazing places, allowed me to meet many awesome people (in person, and online), introduced me to the coin addiction, and filled up many many days that I would otherwise be sitting home bored with nothing to do.

:):D:D:D:D

There are so many things for which I am thankful:

2 beautiful, healthy boys

A hard-working husband

Kind and supportive family

The men and women in uniform who have fought, past and present, to keep this country safe; which includes my brother (Iran) and father (WWII, Korean, Viet Nam)

A house in progress that will one day be beautiful

that it IS NOT 2012, yet

AND that someone invented GEOCACHING!

Hows does one go about being thankful and then naming all the reasons for being thankful? But with thought I find myself first of all being thankful to my creater for giving me this day (one day at a time), Then thankful my family allows me to share in thier experiences and they share in mine, for being allowed to wake up every morning, and just breath oxygen and then read the paper. Turning to the Obituaries and not readin or seeing my name and picture in them (knowing this makes it a lot easier). Having friends who have no agendas and demand nothing in return.

Most of all the technology and opportunity to speak out for those who may not be as fortunate as I am.

Edited by slippery_1

First, I am thankful for the technology nowadays that allows us to stay in touch with loved ones far away. I'm thinking especially of our son Al Caldazar who's posted to Montreal and isn't home to request two pumpkin pies this weekend - one for him and one for the rest of us! :)

I am thankful for all the troops who put their lives on the line so that we can live in peace and in the lifestyle that other's only dream about.

I am thankful for my health and that of my family and for Canada's healthcare system - we moan sometimes, but many have it much worse.

I am thankful for our friends who keep us sane!