Bad Event Owner Giving Me a Hard Time - Deleted My Smilies!

Folks, before you read ANY further, I need to warn you up front that this is gonna be perhaps the most angst-filled thread in the history of this forum! So, if you do not like bare-knuckles fighting and the sight of blood, you better leave now and whatever you do, do NOT read any further!

I have a complaint. In fact, I have a very big complaint, and I am very angry. :D I am sitting here with my uncle Ed Anger, who recently was unfairly laid off from his job at Weekly World News, and we are both very mad. Let me tell you why, because I am sure you will agree with me.

On or about September 26 of this year, I attended a local event called

September - M(eat) And Greet Breakfast @ Ryan's, held in Hagerstown, Maryland by LPYankeeFan. Now, first, I feel that it was pretty generous and kind of me to attend this event in the first place, seeing as it was held in Hagerstown, which is widely and unanimously considered to be the psycho-filled armpit of Maryland. In fact, for those of us who live in the rest of the state, our main form of amusement is to read the local papers to catch up on the crime reports in Hagerstown, because the backwards people who live there do really weird and dumb things, such as attack the other people waiting in line at at a fast food restaurant with a pitchfork because the line is not moving fast enough, or try to hold up a liquor store by threatening the clerk with a shoe.

Anyway, since we have already established how generous I was to even attend this event, lets get on with my story, because Ed and I are still sitting here fuming at the gills from major anger. :D So, like I said before, I attended the breakfast event. While sitting at my table eating my way through my seven plates of food (love those scrambled eggs and the styrofoam filler they use in them to keep em fluffy) from the breakfast buffet bar, I realized that I was sitting adjacent to the event logbook, which I had already signed. And, since no one at these kinda events will ever talk with me (they claim that it is because I only shower once a year, but I know that it is because they are so jealous that I am so handsome and bright), I had plenty of free time on my hands. So, I realized that this would be a good time to grab the event logbook and sign our team name a bunch more times. In fact, by three hours later, as I was polishing off my eighth desert plate from the desert buffet bar (love those mini cinnamon buns coated with synthetic polymer sugars, waste plutonium and industrial preservatives to keep em from goin' moldy....), I had managed to sign the logbook a total of 870 times. Better, since there were no event caches being passed around the tables at the event, I created three event cache logbooks on some empty pages of the event logbook, and I managed to score FTF on all three event caches!

Anyway, over the past week or so, I first filed our initial attend log for the event on the event listing page, and then I followed up by logging an additional 869 smilies for my other log signatures and another three smilies, for a total of 873 smilies. Sounds good and normal so far, right? Right! So far, everything is and was fine! However, here comes the sick part: The event owner, LPYankeeFan, took it upon himself to delete my 872 additional smiley logs, leaving me with just my one paltry puny initial smiley log. I immediately sent him a stern letter demanding that he reinstate my smilies, because I earned them fair and square, but he refused to do so. :D:)

I am really mad about this :D , and my uncle Ed Anger, who is already steaming mad about being laid off from his editorial job for no good reason, is just as mad as me! :D:) As a matter of fact, I told this story to the team of sixteen psychiatrists who meet with me daily to (as the court order reads) "...make sure that I continue to display appropriate social skills and play well with others." and they agree with me that this event cache owner has gone off his rocker!

I have tried to use reason with the event owner, telling him that what he is doing is immoral and against Gods' will, and that his immortal soul will be condemned to ten thousand fiery dam9nations if he continues to deny me my rightful 873 smilies, and reminding him that he is gonna be the laughingstock of the geo world if he continues to delete my justly-earned smilies, but he will not budge. He also laughs at me when I tell him that the baby infant Jesus is really mad at thim because of this.

What do you think I should do next? Should I ask gc.com to cancel his account? Should I demand that geocaching.com create an event listing page where I can log my 872 additional rightful smilies? Please write and tell me what to do about this evil event cache owner!

Edited by Vinny & Sue Team

...eating my way through my seven plates of food (love those scrambled eggs and the styrofoam filler they use in them to keep em fluffy) from the breakfast buffet bar... ...polishing off my eighth desert plate from the desert buffet bar (love those mini cinnamon buns coated with synthetic polymer sugars, waste plutonium and industrial preservatives to keep em from goin' moldy....

Find a good weight loss program. :D Exercise is good for stress relief. You might try Geocaching - A great activity that involves get to the great outdoors. :D

Since you are new here, I'll take the time to explain a few things and ask you to reconsider your position in this matter before you permanently and irreversible damage your reputation in the community.

First, you need to get your story straight. Geocachers don't get a 'smiley' for attending events - they get a icon_attended.gif. So it would be impossible for LPYankeeFan to delete one, let alone 872, 'smiley' logs.

Second, in many places, a shoe is considered to be a viable weapon. One such example can be found in a scene in the 1997 movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, a scene in which an Oddjob-like henchman flings his shoe at Austin, effectively rendering him momentarily confused. Other examples can be found by examining various moments in the life of Nikita Khrushchev.

Third, I call into question whether or not this was even a real geocaching event you attended. Checking the page you linked to, I see that there are no travel bugs or geocoins still remaining in the inventory, only one week after this alleged event is supposed to have taken place. Those who follow events know that in real geocaching events, it is customary to leave travel bugs and geocoins in the inventory for months, if not years.

Fourth, no one likes those eggs. No one.

Finally, you made no mention of goats in your one remaining log. That is considered to be bad form, in Hagerstown and elsewhere, and may be the real reason your logs were allegedly deleted.

Good luck. At the end of this month, there is another event not far away. If they liked you in Hagerstown, they'll surely love you in Hancock! Please consider going.

By the way, I forgot to mention in my original post that the event cache owner also deleted my 874th online "attended" log entry, which I submitted yesterday after bumping into a local cacher in the aisles of a local supermarket. I was initially undecided whether to log that meeting as an extra find on the lamppost micro (which Sue and I initially found years ago) in the supermarket's parking lot or as an extra "attended" log for the event, but my perusal of GC rules revealed that it is considered more appropriate to log such a chance encounter as an extra "attended" log for the event which you most recently attended within the same state.

Since you are new here, I'll take the time to explain a few things and ask you to reconsider your position in this matter before you permanently and irreversible damage your reputation in the community. . .

Second, in many places, a shoe is considered to be a viable weapon. One such example can be found in a scene in the 1997 movie Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery, a scene in which...

Fourth, no one likes those eggs. No one.

Finally, you made no mention of goats in your one remaining log. That is considered to be bad form, in Hagerstown and elsewhere, and may be the real reason your logs were allegedly deleted...

Sheesh! You are soooo picky!

Glad you mentioned Austin Powers -- he is my role model for relating to women and for learning how to be suave and sophisticated.

I LOVE those blocks of rigid bubble-filled scrambled eggs which you gotta carve out of the scrambled egg pan at the breakfast buffet bar!

I have done the needful and have edited my initial log entry for the event to include the obligatory mention of goats. I am very ashamed that I failed to do so in the first place, and you are entirely correct: my omission of a mention of goats may well have led to the later problems which I encountered wherein the event cache owner picked on me by deleting my "attended" logs. I am very sorry that I forgot to mention goats in the original log entry, and I promise that I will never let this happen again. Thank you for trying to help to keep me on the straight and narrow.

You cant just sign the logbook 872 times and expect 872 smiles, you have to leave the building 872 times and return 872 times for it to be completely legal. :D

If the event isn't archived yet, there is still time to go back and do it, and have it count!

I was wondering why Vinny kept asking the manager to install a revolving door?!? Now I know, and for anyone who did attend the event, that may have been why the room was so cold! :D

You cant just sign the logbook 872 times and expect 872 smiles, you have to leave the building 872 times and return 872 times for it to be completely legal. :D

If the event isn't archived yet, there is still time to go back and do it, and have it count!

I was wondering why Vinny kept asking the manager to install a revolving door?!? Now I know, and for anyone who did attend the event, that may have been why the room was so cold! :D

Bad event owner! Bad! :D Stop picking on me, you meanie! Bad! Bad! :D Do you really want your immortal soul to rot in h3ll for a gazillion years just because you stole my 873 finds from me? Huh? :) Remember, God is watching this thread (and the event cache listing page), and you're gonna be in big trouble unless you restore my smilies!

127 more and you would've gotten that pony.

Sssshhhhh! PLEASE don't tell my daughter there's actually a way that she can get a pony by geocaching!!! :D

She's six as of Monday past and we're having her party tomorrow at Chuck E Cheese..........and NO Vinny, there's NO event log for you to sign!!! :D

Edited by lpyankeefan

ROTFLMAO!!! That was hilarious Vinny! You are the Dave Barry of these threads! :D :D :D

When I was 16, I worked in a furniture store in Rockville and my boss was from Hagersown. He was a complete psycho! All he did was complain about this and complain about that. Is that something that happens to people from Hagerstown when they hit their forties? Anyhow, we were eating breakfast one day and he was moaning again. I had enough of it so I accidentally :D squeezed one of those little ketchup thingies and ketchup squirted all over him. :D He didn't do it, but he almost hit me with his shoe! :) So I wouldn't mess with those folks in Hagerstown, Vinny. It just isn't worth all the trouble to get 870 874 of those attended smiley things.... :)

Edited by TrailGators

I had the privilege of meeting and hiking with LPYankeeFan this spring.

You, sir, are no LPYankeeFan.

You are much, much scarier. :D

So here is my advice: Get even. Hide a cache that is so extreme, so impossible, so unattainable that LPYankeeFan will cry out in despair.

Yeah, that's the plan!

127 more and you would've gotten that pony.

Sssshhhhh! PLEASE don't tell my daughter there's actually a way that she can get a pony by geocaching!!! :D

She's six as of Monday past and we're having her party tomorrow at Chuck E Cheese..........and NO Vinny, there's NO event log for you to sign!!! :D

Since you have taken the liberty of mentioning your kids here, allow me to tell the nice people heres on the forums the truth about your kids:

Folks, at the event in question, when I announced that I was gonna log 874 finds on the event, Larry (aka LPYankeefan) tried to order me not to do so. When I refused to listen to him and persisted in stating loudly my intent to log the 874 rightful attended logs, his two kids, namely, his five-year old daughter and his seven-year old son, came up to me and physically threatened me, telling me that they would beat me to a pulp with their bare hands if I tried to log multiple attends on their dad's event cache. It was terrible. I have never been more scared in my life. Something should be done about this kind of terrorism.

Look, if you'd only given me my refund for the stolen purple anodized bison tube you sold me on E-Bay, none of this would have happened. But having passed through Hagerstown several times when I lived in Maryland, I had spotted at least one person in the street there, and so I took the necessary, if unfortunate, steps.

Refund my money, and you can relog and keep your silly smilies. Don't refund it... and spy pigeons will carry off your Psycho Urban caches. One. At. A. Time.

I am really mad about this , and my uncle Ed Anger, who is already steaming mad about being laid off from his editorial job for no good reason, is just as mad as me! :D:D

Wow, Vinnie, I can't comfortably get involved with your dilemna, because I generally get lost trying to get to events and missing most of them, but I must say - that's quite a strong family resemblence between you and your uncle! No one had commented on that yet, so I thought I'd throw that out to you!

Also, perhaps your uncle would have liked to have been invited to the event! Did you and Sue think about that? You had an opportunity to make him feel better and maybe even network a little! Well, I guess you and he are a lot alike, hmm? Dashing, just dashing. gentlemen.

Hiope you get all the busts that you deserve! :D

I've been to Hagerstown, it's not that great. Also, I like pie.

Funny that......I've ALSO been to Hagerstown. AND I like pie ALSO!!!

Amazing how little geographic boundaries affect how we feel.

Make mine a warm cherry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! :D

Wow small world! Although I'm more of a coconut cream fan myself, but to each his own. And a scoop of vanilla on the side of that is not a bad thing at all. Little bit outside of Hagerstown, in fact it's in Pennsylvania, but I remember a place up in the mountains called Glecins (sp?), they had HUGE slices of pie. I wonder if they're still opened.

I had the privilege of meeting and hiking with LPYankeeFan this spring.

You, sir, are no LPYankeeFan.

You are much, much scarier. :D

So here is my advice: Get even. Hide a cache that is so extreme, so impossible, so unattainable that LPYankeeFan will cry out in despair.

Yeah, that's the plan!

He's tried....It took the members of Team Psycho eleven days to nail it! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

Oh yeah, he tried here also, it took members of Team eXtreme and Team Psycho dubbing themselves Team Extremely Psycho about seventeen hours to sign a pristine logbook. FTF is NICE!!! http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache_detai...=y&decrypt=

Dr. Evil.......er Vinny will keep placing them and we'll keep having fun.

LPYF (thwarting Vinny's evil cache hides since August 25th, 2005!!!) :D

...eating my way through my seven plates of food (love those scrambled eggs and the styrofoam filler they use in them to keep em fluffy) from the breakfast buffet bar... ...polishing off my eighth desert plate from the desert buffet bar (love those mini cinnamon buns coated with synthetic polymer sugars, waste plutonium and industrial preservatives to keep em from goin' moldy....

Find a good weight loss program. :) Exercise is good for stress relief. You might try Geocaching - A great activity that involves get to the great outdoors. :P

This is good advice but don't think simple drive-up micros will help the stress. You will have to do caches that are a little more extreme than that. You may have to get used to that type of cache (more extreme) but they will settle you down a bit. I do agree some people take the events and the logging of them way too seriously. Your logs should have not been disallowed

I've been to Hagerstown, it's not that great. Also, I like pie.

Funny that......I've ALSO been to Hagerstown. AND I like pie ALSO!!!

Amazing how little geographic boundaries affect how we feel.

Make mine a warm cherry pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side! :P

Wow small world! Although I'm more of a coconut cream fan myself, but to each his own. And a scoop of vanilla on the side of that is not a bad thing at all. Little bit outside of Hagerstown, in fact it's in Pennsylvania, but I remember a place up in the mountains called Glecins (sp?), they had HUGE slices of pie. I wonder if they're still opened.

No, I think that they are close. :):):P

Man! Am I getting tired of all the whinny little brats that come here and complain about their logs being deleted. I think every cache owner that has a cache that Vinny the Whiner has logged should delete ALL his logs! Then everyone who has every logged one of Vinny the Whiner's caches should delete their logs also. That should teach him to come here and complain! As my mom used to say "stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about!"

Oh! Hagerstown. I was reading Hagersville. Darn, I was about to go on about the creature from the slime filled quarry in Hagersville that inseminated half the women in the town, resulting in the cranially challenged half man half creature beings that frequent the coffee shops there. They run around hiding thing in their back yards late at night, and don't even post the coords or the contents on GC.com.

I guess I shouldn't be speaking about that town, though. OK, I'll leave now. :)

Man! Am I getting tired of all the whinny little brats that come here and complain about their logs being deleted. I think every cache owner that has a cache that Vinny the Whiner has logged should delete ALL his logs! Then everyone who has every logged one of Vinny the Whiner's caches should delete their logs also. That should teach him to come here and complain! As my mom used to say "stop crying, or I'll give you something to cry about!"

WHAT! Are you even serious about deleting Team Psycho and Team eXtreme's successful logs on Vinny's Psycho caches??? AS IF! I have to think about that AND consult with my fellow team members! :)

Edited by lpyankeefan

WHAT! Are you even serious about deleting Team Psycho and Team eXtreme's successful logs on Vinny's Psycho caches. AS IF! I have to thin about that AND consult with my fellow team members! :)

If we're going to teach that whinny, little brat a lesson, YES! Delete all your logs on his caches, and all his logs on your caches! That'll serve as a warning to others before they come in here whinning, and crying, and throwing angst all over the place.

Vinny- I think you and Ed ought to get married to each other. You can have the nuptials at the bonfire.

Who is "Ed"? Is she a geocacher? And, that is a slightly strange name for a woman!

Ohh.... duhh... do you mean my uncle, Ed Anger? Naw, first, he is a male, and next, we just like getting together and getting real angry -- that is how he managed his weekly editorial column at Weekly World News for the past 22 years!

You cant just sign the logbook 872 times and expect 872 smiles, you have to leave the building 872 times and return 872 times for it to be completely legal. :laughing:

That brings up an interesting question... If there had been a revolving door, would Vinny have had to exit the actual door and re-enter to count it as a find, or could he have continued to go round and round in the door and counted his finds by number of rotations? Is a rotation an actual find? And if it is, is there a 1:1 correlation or might Vinny get 2 finds for each rotation.

Sooooo many possibilities!

DCC

I was wondering why Vinny kept asking the manager to install a revolving door?!? Now I know, and for anyone who did attend the event, that may have been why the room was so cold! :laughing:

That brings up an interesting question... If there had been a revolving door, would Vinny have had to exit the actual door and re-enter to count it as a find, or could he have continued to go round and round in the door and counted his finds by number of rotations? Is a rotation an actual find? And if it is, is there a 1:1 correlation or might Vinny get 2 finds for each rotation.

Sooooo many possibilities!

DCC

:laughing:
Do revolving doors rotate the other way in the Southern Hemisphere? Or perhaps only in countries that drive on the left side of the road using right hand drive cars? :D
Next time I go to Japan, I'll check. :laughing: There are a lot folks from India and Japan where I work. I'm always running into them in the hallways. Walk on the right side of the hallway dudes! This is America! :laughing::laughing:

Do revolving doors rotate the other way in the Southern Hemisphere? Or perhaps only in countries that drive on the left side of the road using right hand drive cars? :D

Not sure about the Southern Hemisphere, but if I remember correctly, in some places in Maryland, revolving doors pivot around a horizontal line, rather than the more traditional vertical line found in other places. So the doors look kind of like paddle wheels.

Also, some farms in that part of the country use specially-made steel turnstyles to control the movement of goats between adjacent pens. Kind of like revolving doors for goats.

Back on topic, regardless of the style of door, I would think that signing the log book multiple times would be required for a icon_attended.gif credit - simply 'revolving' in the door (whether the door is vertical, horizontal, or turnstyle, um, style) should not count towards your attended count. In my opinion.