Do you ever go back?

tmike2552

After looking through a lot of caches, I found that there are many along trails that I like to hike frequently. This brought up another question that I just had to ask. Has anyone ever gone back to a previous cache that you found? If so, do you log that as another visit (not as a find, of course) or do you just sign the log and move on or do you just make sure that it's still there and in good condition and not do anything?

If I am passing close by I will generally check on the Cache. And just because I had already found it doesn't mean it's still in exactly the same place. If I have something to say I might add another entry in the log. If it had been DNFed recently or just not been found for awhile I would certainly post a note online to save the owner a maintenance visit. If the cache was dry and healthy with recent finds and no online complaints I probably won't leave a record of the revisit.

On occasion I will. If I happen to be crossing by a cache I've previously found and it's quiet around, I might do a quick check of it to make sure it's still there and that it doesn't need any kind of maintenance (wet, etc). Kinda kinda... make sure things are still good to go, kinda thing.

At which point, I'll usually post a note on the cache page saying it's still in good condition... especially if it hasn't been found in a while.

Been too quite a few more than once, sometimes it's to see the area in the fall, the colors can be amazing at caches with great views, sometimes just because we really like the spot, sometimes cause we did it at night and wanted to see in the day, or vice versa. Usually I'll log a note to show I was there, and if the cache was in good shape. Never log it as another find though, that's not how I play the game.

I especially love to visit caches that I've already found, that are located on trails I frequent. Sometimes I leave a note in the log book. I always put a note on cache page, as to the condition of the cache. I hike many of these 'caching trails' so often, that I always carry normal maintenance items, and extra swag to drop in caches. Many times, if there has been a dnf posted, I inform the owner that I would be glad to check on the cache - just to have another excuse to hike there! If that is the case, I make sure to take another cache container along, to get the cache up and running again.

After looking through a lot of caches, I found that there are many along trails that I like to hike frequently. This brought up another question that I just had to ask. Has anyone ever gone back to a previous cache that you found? If so, do you log that as another visit (not as a find, of course) or do you just sign the log and move on or do you just make sure that it's still there and in good condition and not do anything?

There are a bunch I will revisit either drop a TB or to check on the status and sometimes there are ones I'll go back either with a caching buddy or a newbie. Of course that's when things have changed enough that it's harder than the first time!

I do log my personal TB through every found and revisited cache, but no I don't ever log a second Found It.

If anyone is ever in the neighborhood I know of several I'd like to revisit, especially this time of year.

I go back to my first find now and then to drop off additional swag. Usually something a little nicer that average stuff I leave. I don't sign the log but log a note online that I was there and what I dropped. Also, I keep a list of good travel bug caches that I use for drop offs.

NO :)