Who's up for a"poker party" well a poker project

T"n"T

Ok, after tossing some ideas around in my head,,(not always a good place to go and play). I found one I REALLY liked. I love poker, coins, and caching. This project satisfied my need for all three and the fun of something really neat to put together.

I wanted to do a full size coin project that would still be cost effective for most people, that would still give alot of opitions for personal choices.

This is what I came up with:

Poker chip type coin

1.5"

3mm

Trackable w/icon(still working on icon design)

Choice of either gold or nickel finish

Choice of 2 colors, 1 for outer ring spaces, and 1 for inner circle( may be left recessed metal)

Space for geonick

And space for caching birthdate

The min. order will be 20 coins at $5.50 each plus $9 flat rate shipping (most will go priority box)

Waiting on final samples. Have them being done in soft and hard enamels. Not sure which we will do and reserve the option to choose once samples are in hand.

E-mail me at projectcoins@tntgeocoins.com with desire to enter project or any questions. I will send form to fill out with all information needed to make your coin.

Depending on how many people want to join and how fast replies come in, I am planning on placing this order by the last week of Oct. When all information is set, I will send invoices, those may be paid immediately or up to the last day as later annouced for order. I will leave that up to you.

Now ready to take a look?????

correctcolorsfinalpokercoin.jpg

Edited by Flying Spaghetti Monster

OMG!!! I gotta do it!!! I LOVE POKER!!! So the total for 20 coins with our own name on the coin would be $119 total? Is that right?

I forgot one thing, the flat shipping for international orders will be $16. Again those will be shipped priority mail.

Other wise yes,,, 20 coin order is $110 plus $9 domestic shipping and $16 for international.

No, they are not trackable. However, you can choose the colouring etc and you get your team name engraved onto them.

They are trackable. TnT's first post indicates they are as does the coin itself - Track At. :D

The Poker Chips here are trackable, but the coins Lotho is referring to are not...!

I love the idea, but don't have the budget to join the project :D

No, they are not trackable. However, you can choose the colouring etc and you get your team name engraved onto them.

They are trackable. TnT's first post indicates they are as does the coin itself - Track At. :D

The Poker Chips here are trackable, but the coins Lotho is referring to are not...!

Correct, glad somebody is on the same wavelength :D

I would really like to join in this, just getting my coin collection going pretty well and all. But unfortunatly I also do not have the funds to back my obsession. I should be getting a raise in 3 months or so, hopefully we'll still be doing cool coin ideas by then :D

Edited by psychoraven102

Given that it's highly unlikely that these coins would ever travel, why not drop the track ability and reduce the cost per coin

Well, for one thing, if they were not trackable, we would not be discussing them here, and that would probably greatly reduce the participation

So let me see if I have this staright now too.

That would be $126 USA Currency? Converted to Cdn. Currency would be what, $123.60?

I am sorry to say I am not fully up on currency conversions. But the USD amounts are correct.

I wish we could do them a little heavier too, but this is scaping the cost level as it is now. I really don't want to raise them any more then they are now.

As to droping the trackable nature. That was part of the whole idea. Was to have a personal trackable at reasonable cost.

I like the idea of trackable because everyone can collect each others collectible personal coins? Is it possible to get the icon to include the name of each geocaching group?

I don't think we can run 40 to 50 names on a icon. Tank is working on one for it now. Got a few ideas at the CoinFest event today.

On another note: Todays lists:

16 respones and requests for fact forms.

LadeBear68 is the first to return comleted list.

Project participents:

LadeBear68, 20 coins, gold with, black outer ring, recessed gold center

We will be updating as forms are turned in.

Edited by T"n"T

Project updates.

23 requests, e-mailed form to all.

We have had a few questions about how many characters are able to go on the engraving lines. I have sent that question to the mint to get verified. Will post when I get answer back.

One other detail that was overlooked was that they will have a custom prefix also.

Let me know if you all have other questions.

This is _so_ tempting ..... Can color 1 become color 2 on the other side and vice versa ??

Thanks

Sue

That was an idea

I had but the mint tis not happy with the number of combos as it is and if I do anything else like that it would have really jumped price.

Given that it's highly unlikely that these coins would ever travel, why not drop the track ability and reduce the cost per coin

Well, for one thing, if they were not trackable, we would not be discussing them here, and that would probably greatly reduce the participation

This is not the only forum around... :):laughing:

T"n"T -

Can you please post and verify that this coin will indeed be trackable?

Thank you.

- Sketti

OK for all those somehow confussed by the tracking issue,,,,, as stated in the first post

Trackable with custom icon( still working on icon design)

Artwork in post #1 again shows

"Track At""www.geocaching.com"

Later post explains that one of the purposes behind project was to have a semi-personal trackablecoin at a reasonable price.

And post #26 updated that they would have a custom prefix also.

Not sure how it got all messes up along the way,,,,,,,

But this should stand as verification.

Now the fun stuff!!!!!

I am sooooooo excited by all the great responses and e-mails.

We have:

Over 35 requests

20 returned forms

and 10 paid already

I found out some more fun info from mint tonight. We can do 1 glitter or glow color on each coin. Added $.25 per coin.

Still checking on what a re-order price would be for those that had asked about it.

And for those that missed it on other post spaces up to 13 on engraving areas.

E-mail at site was down yesterday for a while. If you sent any Thursday before around 5 pm EST . Please send me another note as i may not have gotten it.

Note on coins. Date lines have to be in XX-XX-XX format. We are still checking on the 14 characters on name plate. Right now it stands at 13.

I am down here in GA for event this weekend. Will try and get a list all together with all of the people in so far later tonight.

Any questions e-mail me.projectcoins@tntgeocoins.com

Oooh! Still thinking about joining this group!

How many different coins are being made in this project so far?

And how much longer can I waffle about joining?

Thanks, (CF30)

I have to verify some more lists this weekend. So far we have around 23 returned forms. Looking to add that many more. Order will not go in till the 28th or so. If we have a few that are almost complete it may be the 1st of Nov. But I want to get these in and have them back to us by the middle of Nov. So you have a little more think time,,,,, You know you want in,,,,,,,

For those that just can't as Crowesfest put it "ante up" this time, we will most likely be doing a re-oreder/ newbies order but not till after firt of the year. Not sure what costs then will be, but I will try to keep them down also.

As promised here are the photos of the poker coins.

bothsidesnickelpostable.jpg

bothsidesgoldpostable.jpg

details:

Semi-personal custom geocoins

Trackable with custom icon and prefix

1.5" 3mm thick

Soft enamel

choice of gold or nickel

choice of color for inside circle area( can be left recessed metal

choice of color for outside spaces

One color may be a glitter or a glow in the dark ($.25 per coin added)

20 coin min. order

$5.50 per coin

Shipping rate $9 for US

$12 for international

e-mail toprojectcoins@tntgeocoins.comfor order form or with any questions.