I'm getting there! :)

My 50th was actually an event cache at a bowling alley that was a ton of fun. I'm still only at 60ish now, but hey, everyone goes at their own pace. I figure if it's an accomplishment that makes YOU feel good, it's pretty irrelevant how many finds other people have, isn't it?

We recently found our 50th too, glad we aren't the only ones to be thrilled with passing a milestone. The next 20 came pretty fast, kinda like looking back once your kids are grown :sad: We'll probably make 100 on a short trip we have planned for the near future- hope it's a Kodak Moment ;)

Way to go! I loved my 50th cache. I did it this summer at a cave cache in Southern Idaho, called Minnetonka Cave Cache, and I will always remember it.

My 100th was cool as well, but 50 made me feel like I was really getting somewhere. I started caching last August and I went slow at first - it took me a year to get to 100, but after 50 I went crazy and gathered up the next fifty in a little over a month. I am at 134 finds and 21 hides now and I am going to slow down again in order to better savor the flavor :sad:

So congrats on getting to 50 finds... your officially hooked!

It took me over two years to find 50 caches. I found my first seven at a gold prospecting exposition in Zortman Montana. That was before I even knew about geocaching. Finally in 2004 I jumped online and found a few caches around home (in a hundred mile radius of 59270 there were 19 caches). I found a few of them and then I went on a 700 mile geocaching trip through SE Montana stopping just short of Billings to get 17 caches. But then, after the summer of 2004, I had the opportunity to do a little traveling and the amount of finds quickly skyrocketed.

Congrats on your first 50. I hope the next 50 are just as exciting. :sad:

Congrats. You are on the right track -- your milestones and your records are for your enjoyment and it doesn't matter how fast other people do it.

It took us two years to reach 100 and I remember how happy I was to get to that mark. 500 seemed so far away but it came less than a year later and I was happy then too. 1000 passed while we were on vacation and I didn't even know what cache it was until we got home.

The joys of milestones....they are all different. :D