Need help picking family team name

Alantra

I can't really help you in picking a name without knowing anything about you or your family.

As for mine, we used Team S.A.G.E. Sage is my son's name and it made a perfect acronym (Sengers Are Geocaching Enthusiasts).

How do you pick a team name? I am having such a hard time with this? We can't use our last name as my daughter doesn' share the same last name..

Anythoughts

Lori

Always a tricky thing! We spent days going through different names.

We started on 1 name, and changed it to reflect the family unit, I originally started as my own name and once we got hooked we wanted to share! So I had to go back and log 50 finds!

I'd pick something that will grow, that you don't mind telling people when you meet them.

Sometimes you can add numbers EG: Smith4, or maybe where you live. Colorado Smiths (Not helpful if you move)

Or a phrase you like. (We chose 'Fingers Crossed' as it represents how you feel sometimes when going to find a cache.

Once you decide, (and everyone agrees) maybe wait til the next morning to make sure you like it...

But most of all, have fun with it!

It really is a daunting task.. Especially seeing I have a great last name to work with.. North and we are Canadian but I dont' want my daughter to feel left out.

Right now the name on the table is Daddy-O's Army but I am not feeling the love for it.

Back to the drawing board.

Lori

Can't stand it when people use the name of the place where they live. Just shows how unimaginative they are.

Literary Figures are nice: Like Beowulf and Grendel.

Take the favorite character from a book, movie, TV show and put Team in Front of it.

North by Northwest.

I would be The Ten O'Clock News Team, but I think it has been done. :sad:

Edited by Packanack

It really is a daunting task.. Especially seeing I have a great last name to work with.. North and we are Canadian but I dont' want my daughter to feel left out.

Right now the name on the table is Daddy-O's Army but I am not feeling the love for it.

Back to the drawing board.

Lori

Keep the ideas flowing. Sooner or later you guys will hit on a team name that everone likes, or at least can live with. :sad:

I would end up with Team Luke Skywalker if I asked my youngest.. ahaha

That is a good idea though.. I am tryng to get the kids to help with a name but they aren't much help..

Can't stand it when people use the name of the place where they live. Just shows how unimaginative they are.

Literary Figures are nice: Like Beowulf and Grendel.

Take the favorite character from a book, movie, TV show and put Team in Front of it.

I used a hobbit name generator off the internet to get a nickname before i geocached, and just used it for my name here when i got into it. You get a first and second name so you could do it and be called "The(place generated 2nd name here)s" EG:

"The Hardum's"

Hope that helps..there are loads of different kinds of generator out there as well like punk name..elf name etc

Heres the link for the hobbit one http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/

Edited by Lotho

You know, just to confuse things even more, I'll throw this in...You don't have to have just one team name.

You could each choose your own individual name and write your own separate logs, even if you go to the cache together. And that way, when your daughter is grown and begins caching with her own family, she won't have to decide whether to relog all those caches under her own "new" name or just lose the caches she found with you and start fresh--she'll already have them logged under her own account!

We started with an acronym that was a "word play" on my first and last name, eventually we went for a name that is the first two letters of each of our first names (husband, wife, son, daughter) as well as that of our pet (name just sounded better when we added his first 2 letters). Simple enough yet cute! Good luck and cache on!

Edited by HaLiJuSaPa

This is how I got our team name -

My first name is Jim and my wifes is Sally so I mixed them up and slapped them back together and got

jAY miLLS. Notice that my name is lower case and wifes is uppercase, this way we maintain our individuality in a sense but come together as a team also. Maybe you could take a similar approach depending on the number of people in your family by using the first letter of everyones name and do something with it like make all the name letters upper case and add vowels as needed in lower case to make the name you want.

How do you pick a team name? I am having such a hard time with this? We can't use our last name as my daughter doesn' share the same last name..

Anythoughts

Lori

Well lori, my family doesnt have A TEAM name but we never really thought of having one but what you could do is, make your team name somthing you all like to do.....thats what i would do .....