Converting garmin routes to a magellan format

jpred1

Yes ,routes,track logs and or maps. http://www.tommyrhea.com/gps.htm

heres the link Im trying to get any or all onto my magellan 500.I really need these,any Help?

The Garmin Mapsource Overlays (custom maps) listed near the bottom on that site I made from the track files listed at the top.

Being you have a Magellan you'll need to convert those .gtm track files to Magellan .log files...as suggested on that site use GPS TrackMaker.

Edited by rws

I can open the single routes on gps tracker ,but cannot open the custom maps at all.So I merged all the routes in one ,but gps tracker cannot get the product ID from my gps,acts like its not even connecting.

You can't use the custom maps...they're Garmin.

Try this instead:

plug your USB cable in...put your Magellan in File Transfer mode...selecting either Internal Memory or SD Card

when the pop-up window opens on your computer screen copy the file you converted to the Track Logs folder

Ok, got em on track logs,will it show my position while traveling on these tracks or do I need to convert to routes?

Thanks alot,looking like Im getting somewhere.

When you set the unit to follow a track it will show the track and your position.

Ok, got em on track logs,will it show my position while traveling on these tracks or do I need to convert to routes?

Thanks alot,looking like Im getting somewhere.

When you set the unit to follow a track it will show the track and your position.

Thanks ,I believe this will do allright for me.