Top Gps Systems

imaroon

It's also just one dealer's view based on its sales and the number of times people have looked at the reviews. Supposedly forum mentions factor in, but their forums are pretty thin, so I don't think that would have much input.

As a matter of comparison, here's another dealer's view for top selling handhelds:

1. 60CSx

2. Vista (B&W)

3. eTrex (plain yellow)

4. 76 CSx

5. Vista HCx

6. 60CSx with 1 GB card

7. Legend HCx

8. 60Cx

9. Summit HC

10. 60

It's odd that the top non-Garmin one comes in at number 17 (being a Lowrance H20). By the way, number 140 on the list (last place, supposedly) is the Rino 530HCx.

Basically, any list like this is indeed useless because it is based on the market the dealer is selling in and has nothing to do with the capabilities, etc. of the GPS....Onion rings will show up high on A&W's top seller list, but won't even be on MacDonald's.

Edited by dogwalkers2

Wow, that's a frightening list.

The eTrex Legend Cx is at Number 5 and the Legend HCx is not on the list at all.

If that list is based on sales then that would mean there's a hell of a lot of people who are getting suckered by Garmin.

Man, you are the most negative person that I have read on these forums.

The Legend HCX has only been available for a very short time. In Canada only a couple of weeks. Generally financial reporting is done once per quarter and would be based on Garmin's fiscal year.

If you don't like Garmin then get a Magellan or any other brand you might like. Stop chewing about Garmin and get what you want and be happy. Then have fun loading caching waypoints into your unit as Garmin, so far, is the only company to look after the geocaching community and develop a free web app to allow you to load your wayponts from the geocaching.com site. If you really have a problem then call Garmin - their customer service is great! But really, quit whining about the price of GPS units. You have the ability to choose and buy whatever you want.

Man, you are the most negative person that I have read on these forums.

The Legend HCX has only been available for a very short time.

If you don't like Garmin then get a Magellan or any other brand you might like. Stop chewing about Garmin and get what you want and be happy.

Hi Techwiz, first let me say that it is not good form to personally attack me. I welcome comments but not about me personally.

The Legend HCx has been available for the same length of time as the VistaHCx which is number 2 on the list. As I already noted.

If you think my purpose here is merely to "whine" and vent my hatred of Garmin then you are wrong. For me the purpose of the forums is to help others and the best way is by posting one's thoughts honestly and without fear of being attacked.

For example, many newbies get talked out of getting a compass by being told it's useless, my opinion is that it's wrong and I'll always say why. A little while ago someone on a thread told how they advise all their students not to get the VistaHCx but to get the LegendHCx because it's pointless, but they themselves go out and get the Vista.

If I were one of those students and accepted the advice I'd be pretty peeved later on. I respect the other persons reasons and I like to give my reasons and I have faith that the reader of the forums when presented with both sides of an argument are able to work out for themselves which bits to take and which bits to leave.

Don't worry about Garmin, they're big boys I'm sure they can take a bit of criticism. I think their products are excellent and well made but that does not mean I agree with everything they do.

Edited by gallet