Archived TB Numbers

BASSETSLAVE

Yes, you can use the copy tag or create a tag of your own.

If you wish, you can change the name of the bug, the goal and description and whatever traveler you want to attach. Just don't delete the logs of the people who did help move your bug along as it will remove their found it stat.

You can re-release.

But...you also should maintain all the orginal logs and that TB's history.

Overall, you should just archive it and start with a new TB.

Renegade

I believe that you are right it would be kinda confusing on the history of the original bug to rerelease. I believe that I will purchase a new bug tag.

Thanks for the replies.

Basset

You can reuse the numbers, the copy tag, make another tag with the same number, or engrave the number into an item. You should leave all of the previous history, and not delete any logs, otherwise you take the credit for the previous finds away from those cachers and that makes people unhappy. Jut post a note to the TB page that there is a new mission, and then you know how many miles the new one has on it, when you do the math.

This is one thing to consider when releasing the copy. DO NOT delete the old logs. It makes a lot of people sad, and they get kind of upset after helping a bug, only to have the log deleted years later. Leave the old history for posterity, and post a note on the TB page when you re-release it so everyone knows where the new one began and the old one ended. Also, if you aren't sure that your bug drifted away in a flood or something, wait a good amount of time before releasing the copy, bugs have come back years later after not being logged for a long time, and sometimes that in itself makes for a better story in the long run.

This is one thing to consider when releasing the copy. DO NOT delete the old logs. It makes a lot of people sad, and they get kind of upset after helping a bug, only to have the log deleted years later. Leave the old history for posterity, and post a note on the TB page when you re-release it so everyone knows where the new one began and the old one ended. Also, if you aren't sure that your bug drifted away in a flood or something, wait a good amount of time before releasing the copy, bugs have come back years later after not being logged for a long time, and sometimes that in itself makes for a better story in the long run.

Couldn't agree more. Really a TB owner is asking the community to help keep the bug in circulation. What fun would it be to have an owner delete your log for the sake of mileage or a goal?

However I think such actions are very rare. I usually see people retire their bugs once they reach the goal rather than re-releasing them.