correct dates?

Rick618

I was looking over my list of nearest caches and saw that some had been found Today. I checked one and the date for the most recent log was from the day before. Others had Yesterday listed and the date was correct. Possible lag in the actual logs from today showing up or just some other small glitch?

Three that are showing Today as the last found with day old logs:

GC16A76

GC16B3R

GC156RZ

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=174744

Elias said he was on it on this topic just down the page.

I think that the two postings talk about different problems.

It appears to me that the starter of this posting refers to the same problem which I have noticed as well, namely that the date which is displayed as the date of the most recent found log for a cache is incorrect in some cases. For example, I noticed several caches with the last log entry dating from yesterday (Oct 10), but on the result page of my nearest unfound cache page they appear as having been found today (Oct 11). [The issue does not appear to be connected to time zones as even in the late night the same behaviour persists.]

I cannot believe that in all these cases where a wrong date is displayed the cachers have used a wrong date when logging their find before noting the mistake and trying to change it.

Cezanne

Edited by cezanne

http://forums.Groundspeak.com/GC/index.php?showtopic=174744

Elias said he was on it on this topic just down the page.

I think that the two postings talk about different problems.

It appears to me that the starter of this posting refers to the same problem which I have noticed as well, namely that the date which is displayed as the date of the most recent found log for a cache is incorrect in some cases. For example, I noticed several caches with the last log entry dating from yesterday (Oct 10), but on the result page of my nearest unfound cache page they appear as having been found today (Oct 11). [The issue does not appear to be connected to time zones as even in the late night the same behaviour persists.]

I cannot believe that in all these cases where a wrong date is displayed the cachers have used a wrong date when logging their find before noting the mistake and trying to change it.

Cezanne

Good catch. Perhaps the 2 issues are related.

Me too. As of October 11,2007 12.24 EDT Logs dated for October 10th are still showing up on my profile as found "Today" I don't think there is that much time difference between Hamilton, ON and Seattle, WA

I believe this is caused by the same glitch as found in editing a log and not retaining the original date, and logging multiple finds with a non-current date, whereas successive logs continually revert to the current date.

As of Oct 12th,2007 6:30am EDT this LAST FOUND date problem still exists with the various seek nearest listings.

TODAY appears for caches with found date of October 11,

YESTERDAY for October 10, but with

OCTOBER 9 finds, some read 2 DAYS and others read 3 DAYS.

4, 5, 6 DAYS appear correct for 10/8, 10/7, 10/6 logs that I sampled,

however for 7 DAYS I saw 10/5 and some 10/4 but not all of them as most listed as last found '04 Oct 07'

With new version of software, is this Last Found date being displayed with some type of Date Posted time stamp field other than the log date?

Edited by BlackstoneVal

As of Oct 12th,2007 6:30am EDT this LAST FOUND date problem still exists with the various seek nearest listings.

TODAY appears for caches with found date of October 11,

YESTERDAY for October 10, but with

OCTOBER 9 finds, some read 2 DAYS and others read 3 DAYS.

4, 5, 6 DAYS appear correct for 10/8, 10/7, 10/6 logs that I sampled,

however for 7 DAYS I saw 10/5 and some 10/4 but not all of them as most listed as last found '04 Oct 07'

With new version of software, is this Last Found date being displayed with some type of Date Posted time stamp field other than the log date?

Well, at least they're showing up. Someone found at least a half dozen of our caches yesterday and the finds don't show up at all. I hope that the person contacts me so that I can suggest that they log their finds again when this anomally is corrected.

I don't know if it's a glitch or not. I just brought up the page at 11:59 am (pst) and noted that two caches were showing as being found today. I waited a minute or two until after noon and they then showed yesterday as being found.

Don't know much about programming but it looks to me that the timing is simply 12 hours off. Wouln't this be easily corrected by setting the clock right?

Edited by Mudfrog

The dates listed for last found on the seek geocaches pages are still off, i think by 12 hours. Of course i'm not a computer programmer but this seems like it would be a simple fix. Any ideas on why it is taking so long to correct?

Edited by Mudfrog