Back Logging?

NightShift79

because we were new to all this at the time, we took our travel bug on vacation to drop it and we didnt know we had to drop it in a cache down here at home to properly start its journey so it could log miles straight from home. so now, the 600-odd kms it put on going up to the cottage dont even exist in its logged miles. is it kosher to now go back and log it in and out of a cache that's here at home....dated the day before we left for vacation? its that ok if we didnt REALLY physically place it in and take it out of the cache? the particular cache i have in mind is practically in our backyard so i'm thinking that it was at least in the vicinity of the cache.....does that count? and is this even possible to do?

As long as no one has picked it up yet, there should be no problem. I like to get a nearby starting point for TBs. Retrieve it from the cache it's in, drop it into the nearby cache. Retrieve it again, and drop it into the cache in which you left it. The 'drops' should be done as notes, and you should probably delete those notes. (Neater that way.)

Typically you should only log a TB through caches it as actually visited, however some people log the bug through one of their own local caches to give it a starting point.

You would have to log your bug through someone else's cache, however I don't advocate virtual logging of Travel bugs. If you wish to work that out with a fellow cacher you would wait until it dropped into a cache, do a retrieve, do a back dated drop and retrieve, then drop it back into the current cache. Then you would delete the logs on the bug of you retrieving and dropping it into the current cache.