Frustration over number of micros

Team S-J

Hey look another micro basher!

With yet another glut of "Traditional" Micro geocahes in my area surely it's time to get them there own type as they are spoiling the chances of being able to drop a TB off locally.

Personnaly I'd give them all a different website, something like www.geonotcaching.com but that's just me.

:laughing:

With yet another glut of "Traditional" Micro geocahes in my area surely it's time to get them there own type as they are spoiling the chances of being able to drop a TB off locally.

Personnaly I'd give them all a different website, something like www.geonotcaching.com but that's just me.

:shocked:

The last time I looked, www.microcaching.com was still available for sale!! You got a point though that's not brought up often, as this game continues to gravitate towards micros as the predominant cache type (in many areas), it is harder to find a place to drop TB's. But I'm sure you'll manage. :D And hey, you can still drop coins and really small TB's. :o

I would not mind spinning off Micro's into their own catagory (not just a size). I wouldn't spin them off of this website though.

Yeah, only count them as 1/2 a find!! For the record, I'm just kidding about both that, and microcaching.com. I've handled plenty a TB that most tupperware couldn't even accomodate, and I had to find .50 cal ammo boxes. And I even had a TB that was an ammo box, but I just dropped it next to one of my own caches on a maintenance visit in the same hiding spot.

:shocked:

Is the problem that they are mis-labeled as traditional size but are actually micros? If they are labeled as micros, just set up your PQ to screen those out. I've done that because my kids have too much trouble with micros still, especially urban micros with muggles.

I'm trying to figure out if this is even about Travel Bugs. This is probably a better topic for the geocaching.com website forums, or the general forums, where there are already plenty of threads discussing the pros and cons of micros.

The general consensus is, if you don't like them, don't do them.

If you can show me that this thread is about travel bugs, I will leave it open here. If not, I will move it to one of those other forums I mentioned.

It could go in either forum. The start point came from the two TB's I currently hold, having a hard time finding a new resting place locally with there being so many micros in my area. What I wanted to highlight isn't that all Trad's should be able to accomodate any TB, just that micros, by definition, can't generally take even a TB tag. So I'd rather micros were given a seperate designation than Traditional.

Do you know that you can filter out the micros when you run a pocket query, if you are a premium member? Or when you use the "hide and seek a cache" feature and the list comes up, there is an icon that shows the size of the cache, so if you want to skip it, you don't have to checkmark it, you can leave it off the list. And you can log TB's through micros they have gone to, just log them back out too.

:sad:

We were in the UK in June and found a large proportion of caches were micros. In the cities, it seems that regular caches are harder to keep than micros. We were pleased to find an ammo can while we were there which let us drop a TB or two.

I appreciate that urban caching is more difficult, but it's the balance between quality and quantity.

I've placed a micro (nano), but it was in a location that was worth sharing, and absolutely no place to safely place a cache container.

TB hotels are a handy thing though, maybe you can create one ;)

Do you know that you can filter out the micros when you run a pocket query, if you are a premium member? Or when you use the "hide and seek a cache" feature and the list comes up, there is an icon that shows the size of the cache, so if you want to skip it, you don't have to checkmark it, you can leave it off the list. And you can log TB's through micros they have gone to, just log them back out too.
Micros are very easy to filter out but some are very creative/clever. If we only knew which ones those were. My best method is to learn which cachers' hides I enjoy the most. :sad: Edited by TrailGators