Geocaching Tattoo

even more, what do you do if you lose interest in geocaching?

To quote the great Henry Rollins...."Tattoos are a road map of your life"

And to quote Jimmy Buffett they are, "A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling."

I love this quote! Perfect. It doesn't judge tats but is the truth about them. Great.

And to quote Jimmy Buffett they are, "A permanent reminder of a temporary feeling."

I love this quote! Perfect. It doesn't judge tats but is the truth about them. Great.

I like that quote too! And a rare quote from The Inkwell from my area, whom I know, and has only 31 total posts. Yeah, he's got a few tats. Don't worry, he'll never see this. :ph34r:

I like that quote too! And a rare quote from The Inkwell from my area, whom I know, and has only 31 total posts. Yeah, he's got a few tats. Don't worry, he'll never see this. :ph34r:

The only tattoo I have, is where I accidentally shoved a lead pencil into my knee when I was a kid. :rolleyes:

The only tattoo I have, is where I accidentally shoved a lead pencil into my knee when I was a kid. :rolleyes:

I have quite a bit of ink, even a Cherokee Water Spider Tribal design that is larger than most of the TB spiders that I see. I just don't like the bar code design of it. And most I have saw here are not really good art, IMO. I remember seeing one on a Dog Tag design that I really liked.

I do like the all black ink because tattoos fade over time. Trust me, I have even had some of mine redone and touched up and I see lot's of cover-up jobs. Think before you ink. :anibad:

I have quite a bit of ink, even a Cherokee Water Spider Tribal design that is larger than most of the TB spiders that I see. I just don't like the bar code design of it. And most I have saw here are not really good art, IMO. I remember seeing one on a Dog Tag design that I really liked.

I do like the all black ink because tattoos fade over time. Trust me, I have even had some of mine redone and touched up and I see lot's of cover-up jobs. Think before you ink. :anibad:

Think before you ink, another great quote. :lol: I'm actually quite proud of the fact I did 22 years in the army, and have no ink. A fact I have mentioned to my 17 yr. old daughter on several occasions. Hope I don't tick off any off you tatoo fans here. :o

Think before you ink, another great quote. :lol: I'm actually quite proud of the fact I did 22 years in the army, and have no ink. A fact I have mentioned to my 17 yr. old daughter on several occasions. Hope I don't tick off any off you tatoo fans here. :o

You won't tick me off as long as we stay on subject. I always wanted those crossed pistols tattoo that some Army Men have. Just don't land up in the Locker with one of them tat's. It's like going through a drive-thru in a Po-Po car. :ph34r:

You won't tick me off as long as we stay on subject. I always wanted those crossed pistols tattoo that some Army Men have. Just don't land up in the Locker with one of them tat's. It's like going through a drive-thru in a Po-Po car. :ph34r:

The Military Police Insignia, I'm quite certain. Assuming we're talking Army here.

I often wonder what would happen if you got a letter from a laywer in the mail saying that your skin is infringing on a trademark.. :laughing:

I like the TB idea - Just the Barcode Scarab, and a number below it though.

Hey JP.

I love how the forums keep such old posts. (2007!)

:)

It's funny what the years have brought us. Groundspeak's legal counsel → hip to this whole idea. Did you know that our Knowledge Books have this section?

Trackables → Owning, Minting, Buying→ Travel Bug Tattoos

http://support.groun...=kb.page&id=315

You can get a special icon!

3966.gif

The Military Police Insignia, I'm quite certain. Assuming we're talking Army here.

Crossed Harper's Ferry Flintlocks. Yup, those are the ones that make up the MP insignia.

I don't know anyone that has a caching tattoo but I really want a tb tattoo... How do you go about gettin a logable TB tattoo?

The answer was posted by Miss Jenn, but it was 2 years ago. :lol: Basically, you just buy a Travel Bug dog tag, but don't use it, and have the artist tatoo the number on you. What I didn't know is, if you send Groundspeak a photo, they will give you a special TB Icon.

Help Center article

I was thinking about this the other day getting a travel bug tattoo. Can you get one you can track like on cars?

Your forum title is funny. Your avatar is not, and will get you banned. :P

Yes, Window decal TB's for vehicles are available from Shop Groundspeak, or the manufacturer, cache-advance.com

I was thinking about this the other day getting a travel bug tattoo. Can you get one you can track like on cars?

You don't need the window TB. You can use the code from any trackable you own including geocoins. Like my earlier post said...get a tattoo, put the trackable code near, on, or in the tattoo, send a photo of it to Geocachimg.com and they will change the icon to a Human Travel Bug.

The tattoo does not need to be the travel bug icon. It can be whatever you want it to be.

Your forum title is funny. Your avatar is not, and will get you banned. :P

Mr Y's an expert in such matters. :laughing:

. Its a photo how you take it as a person well that ain't my problem

Ohh a canucksn Geo bug tattoo is up

When dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, this old fart had sleeves.

Years of everything from dermabrasion (scar city), chemical peels (didn't work) and finally lasers, got all but two off.

Mistakes as a kid cost me enough that my retirement was postponed.

The two largest, at $4,000. each, will have to wait a bit longer, hopefully prices will drop.

Curious, I guess I'd have to ask, if you're not sure that caching is going to be your hobby the rest of your life... why?

Saw this one at the MWGB last weekend. I logged him!

You might want to blur out the TB number. I am sure they dont want there TB locked for virtual loggings.

Good call. Thanks!

Sooooo, if you go to the page for this tattoo trackable, there are two pictures in the gallery from 2012 and 2011, both have the TB code plain as day... so I discovered it.

Saw this one at the MWGB last weekend. I logged him!

You might want to blur out the TB number. I am sure they dont want there TB locked for virtual loggings.

Good call. Thanks!

Sooooo, if you go to the page for this tattoo trackable, there are two pictures in the gallery from 2012 and 2011, both have the TB code plain as day... so I discovered it.

Good for you. I personally don't discover a trackable unless see it in person.

Normally I would only log a trackable if I've had it in my hands, but with a Tattoo that could land me with an assault charge, so I settle for "seen it in the flesh". I don't see the point in logging TBs that have only been seen in pictures.

Hi there, we are Sereniel and Neil and we have a joint account , today I'm posting as Sereniel... I have a trackable tattoo :)

If it's in a family-friendly place, could you post a pic.

There are many of us here who would never get one, but like to enjoy them vicariously. :)

Hmm. I met a guy at a cemetery cache near Midwest Geobash during the bash in July 2013, and took a picture of the TB tat on his leg, but I don't think I ever logged it. Wouldn't it be a "human TB" icon, rather than just a standard TB icon? I also took a pic of the decal on his vehicle. Guess I'll have to charge up the ol' phone I had then, which I still have. I do that on occasion; if you keep an old smartphone instead of trading it in, they still work on wifi, and it's like having a free mini tablet. :P

When dinosaurs still roamed the Earth, this old fart had sleeves.

Years of everything from dermabrasion (scar city), chemical peels (didn't work) and finally lasers, got all but two off.

Mistakes as a kid cost me enough that my retirement was postponed.

The two largest, at $4,000. each, will have to wait a bit longer, hopefully prices will drop.

Curious, I guess I'd have to ask, if you're not sure that caching is going to be your hobby the rest of your life... why?

I know this is an old post I'm replying to but that last line is the key for me.

If you give up geocaching you've got a tattoo that's utterly useless other than as a permanent mark of the game you once played. If someone takes a picture and posts it online such that people start discovering your "human TB" and Groundspeak lock the code, you've got a tattoo that doesn't do what it says on the tin.

I guess if people want a tattoo and incorporate a tracking code into it somehow that's a different matter, but personally I really struggle to think of any reason why anyone would want that barcode bug permanently etched onto their body.

Wow, thanks for the thread bump, and motivation to fire up my old phone. I did indeed never discover a TB Tattoo I took a picture of over a year ago. Just got 'er done today. Now I have the somewhat rare TB tattoo icon. As strange as it still feels taking a picture of the guys leg, but he let me. :P