Geocaching Tattoo

I often wonder what would happen if you got a letter from a laywer in the mail saying that your skin is infringing on a trademark.. :laughing:

I like the TB idea - Just the Barcode Scarab, and a number below it though.

According to the Copyright Law, Tattoo's are not in any violation of any copyright laws, therefor you will not be getting any letters in the mail

:lol:

What do you do if Groundspeak will change the logo?

Reguardless if Groundspeak changes the logo, it is still a symbol for the start of geocaching to me, It has been a huge part of my life for years now and has brought me to meet some of the greatest people I will ever encounter. The Tattoo marks a point of my life that I will never regret and will always have stories about and always remember whether or not the Logo changes. Also whether or not I continue in the sport or not.

I often wonder what would happen if you got a letter from a laywer in the mail saying that your skin is infringing on a trademark.. :D

I often wonder what would happen if you got a letter from a laywer in the mail saying that your skin is infringing on a trademark.. B)

According to the Copyright Law, Tattoo's are not in any violation of any copyright laws, therefor you will not be getting any letters in the mail

:D

A case can be mad against the tattooer for profiting from the reproduction, but all the tattooed would have to say is "It was done for free."

even more, what do you do if you lose interest in geocaching?

To quote the great Henry Rollins...."Tattoos are a road map of your life"

Henry was 'the man' during the Black Flag years (just dated myself). My parents thought I was the devil - LOL. Years later .......... I have kids.....Wear dress cloths everyday...and of course geocache...what the heck happened to me ...LOL

P.S

Yes - I have ink

Edited by WatchDog2020

Harry was 'the man' during the Black Flag years (just dated myself). My parents thought I was the devil - LOL. Years later .......... I have kids.....Wear dress cloths everyday...and of course geocache...what the heck happened to me ...LOL

P.S

Yes - I have ink

I have to fight to keep all my vinyl (love it, live it, lick it) non stage cloths. :D

As of my 35th birthday, my wife refuses to leave the house with me if I don't have "normal" cloths on.

Wish I could remember his name...

We were on a weekend geocaching competition in TN and a newbie was assigned to our team.

He was, shall we say, enthused! Manic might be more accurate.

That Saturday night he went to town and came back inked with a geocaching tattoo on his neck, the Groundspeak logo if I recall correctly.

By Sunday afternoon he was tired of caching and left, never to be heard from again!

But he will forever have a reminder of his one exuberant caching weekend. :lol:

Henry was 'the man' during the Black Flag years (just dated myself). My parents thought I was the devil - LOL. Years later .......... I have kids.....Wear dress cloths everyday...and of course geocache...what the heck happened to me ...LOL

P.S

Yes - I have ink

Hank still is 'the man' :unsure:

I don’t have any specific geocaching ink – although I do love that compass rose one a few posts up and would definitely consider having something like that – but all these “what if you go off geocaching?”, “what if they change the logo?” questions are similar to stuff I’ve had thrown at me over the years. I do have tattoos that relate to past enthusiasms – bands I don’t listen to so much any more etc – but I most certainly don’t regret any of them. They all meant a lot to me at the time – I wouldn’t have a tattoo that didn’t have strong meaning to me – and so they all represent parts of my life that I am happy to remember.

Having said all that, the chappy who had a neck tattoo (there’s your first no-no right there :( ) relating to a game he had played for one whole day, sounds a little hasty lol

Saw one TB tat with a trackable number at GW8. I've got it writ down somewhere, I'm sooo far behind in logging my discoveries. Terribly busy weekend with almost 300 miles driving. Managed to squeeze in a few caches on the run, too.

My only tattoo is a medical one, near my navel. Long story, won't bother anyone with the details.

I know probably two or three people who have trackable tattoos... I'm getting one myself, my dog tag that I carry around on my keychain so that people can discover me is getting worn, and I haven't gotten a tattoo dedicated to geocaching yet. I think it's time. :unsure:

My husband and I love tattoos... probably 40-ish between the two of us.

I know probably two or three people who have trackable tattoos... I'm getting one myself, my dog tag that I carry around on my keychain so that people can discover me is getting worn, and I haven't gotten a tattoo dedicated to geocaching yet. I think it's time. :(

:unsure:

You must receive Harry & David baskets around Christmas from your local tattoo shop.

I know probably two or three people who have trackable tattoos... I'm getting one myself, my dog tag that I carry around on my keychain so that people can discover me is getting worn, and I haven't gotten a tattoo dedicated to geocaching yet. I think it's time. :unsure:

You should do a QR code for the travel bug log page. (see QR code thread for cool info including embedding the log type into the QR code)

Saw one TB tat with a trackable number at GW8. I've got it writ down somewhere, I'm sooo far behind in logging my discoveries. Terribly busy weekend with almost 300 miles driving. Managed to squeeze in a few caches on the run, too.

My only tattoo is a medical one, near my navel. Long story, won't bother anyone with the details.

The question is....

Did you get a prosthetic replacement?

The question is....

Cancer treatment. Mind moving on now?

The question is....

Cancer treatment. Mind moving on now?

I know why people get medical tattoos.

I wasnt trying to make you uncomfortable. Sorry.

This isn't at all geocache related but just thought I'd share. I was diagnosed with terminal cancer at 19, and given less than a year. I am 28 now ( and cancer free), I wear all of my scars from the ordeal with pride. I beat testicular cancer and have a larger one ball tat on my right arm for all the world to see. Hope I didn't offend and I really hope you are doing well.

~Rich

I know probably two or three people who have trackable tattoos... I'm getting one myself, my dog tag that I carry around on my keychain so that people can discover me is getting worn, and I haven't gotten a tattoo dedicated to geocaching yet. I think it's time. :lol:

:(

You must receive Harry & David baskets around Christmas from your local tattoo shop.

No... but we should!!! I mean heck, we're putting their children through college!