PE's 2nd Event

vespax

Hi Eastern Capers!

I am coming over your way at the end of the month and thought an event cache would be nice to get the gang together. What do you think?

I am arriving on the 19th October and returning to CT on the 28th October. Geoff suggested the 21st for a date, any preferences?

A possible venue might be that Harvest cafe/restuarant in Walmer, otherwise we can plan somehting else. Mashi Golf anyone!? :ph34r:

Lets get it together!

Hi Eastern Capers!

I am coming over your way at the end of the month and thought an event cache would be nice to get the gang together. What do you think?

I am arriving on the 19th October and returning to CT on the 28th October. Geoff suggested the 21st for a date, any preferences?

A possible venue might be that Harvest cafe/restuarant in Walmer, otherwise we can plan somehting else. Mashi Golf anyone!? :sad:

Lets get it together!

Looks like it's just you and me :grin:

We coming down to P.E. this Decmeber.

Any cachers down there that would like to meet up?

And would like someone to show me to the beacon cache down there. Will be our 3rd attempt to find that one. Also looking forward to the Van Staden Flower cache. Traces of the fire that swept through there should be gone by then. Any other great caches down there?

We coming down to P.E. this Decmeber.

Any cachers down there that would like to meet up?

And would like someone to show me to the beacon cache down there. Will be our 3rd attempt to find that one. Also looking forward to the Van Staden Flower cache. Traces of the fire that swept through there should be gone by then. Any other great caches down there?

Give me a shout mid December. Keen to meet up with other cachers.

Some great caches around and Addo Elephant park is a great day trip with 2 caches.

We will be in PE around 3 to 5 Jan 2008.

It would be great to meet the EC cachers.

We will be at Bushman's River from 16 Dec to 2 Jan so could easily meet in Addo for an event too.

Do those dates suit anyone else for an event?

:laughing::laughing::D

Hi Guys

We are doing Baviaanskloof 4 to 7 Jan 2008. It'll be great to meet up if possible.

I'll be in PE over Christmas as well! Maybe a bigger event then would be better. Want to go to Addo again (for the 4th time!). It's one of my favorite parks in SA.

How about Addo on 2 January 2008 then, before Geoff goes to Baviaanskloof.

It would have been great to meet up in Baviaanskloof Geoff, we have been then several times before and it is one of our favourite places. We will unfortunately have our caravan with us this time, so would not like to go further than Kondomo with it.

Roll on HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!

I'll be in PE over Christmas as well! Maybe a bigger event then would be better. Want to go to Addo again (for the 4th time!). It's one of my favorite parks in SA.

How about Addo on 2 January 2008 then, before Geoff goes to Baviaanskloof.

It would have been great to meet up in Baviaanskloof Geoff, we have been then several times before and it is one of our favourite places. We will unfortunately have our caravan with us this time, so would not like to go further than Kondomo with it.

Roll on HOLIDAYS !!!!!!!

Well - we'll be camping at Komdomo 4th, 5th and 6th Jan, so maybe a visit will be in order :D

Some great caches around and Addo Elephant park is a great day trip with 2 caches.

I believe there are now 5 caches inside the park. + one just out side.

Edited by iNokia

Missed you over the Heritage weekend - pity. How new are the other caches in Addo?

Bummer that we missed those. :laughing:

Missed you over the Heritage weekend - pity. How new are the other caches in Addo?

Bummer that we missed those. :D

Cache Date placed

Domkrag dam 10/02/2006

Zuurkop 10/02/2006

PPC 24/09/2007

Blue Bishop 09/02/2006

Spekboom 22/08/2007

Dumbo drop 07/04/2006

Saw you're logs at blue bishop and domkrag. But not at Zuurkop when I got there. Thought you must have spotted some good game along the way and was running a little late so I left a message for you at Zuurkop cache. Thought you where going to be right behind me. We managed to find 2 Male lions near spekboom on the Monday. And as usual many elephants at hapoor.

Edited by iNokia

I tried to book a camp site in the Addo park for 2 and 3 Jan 2008, but they are fully booked. Are there any other camping places near by?

We have booked to stay in Kondomo on 5 and 6 Jan 2008, so are looking forward to making a day trip of caching in the kloof.

I am pretty sure all the coastal sites will be booked. I'll check around and if I see something I'll post here.

Caravan or tent?

Love to hook up with you guys at Komdomo.

We stayed at Homestead recently and although the place was really busy (it was a long weekend), it really was super - grassed stands with electrical points, braai facilities, good ablutions with plenty of hot water and beautiful gardens too. AND besides all that, it was only R80 a night for both of us! :anitongue:

Guess where we'll be going one of these weekends - be able to nail those Addo caches as well. Bonus. :D

I tried to book a camp site in the Addo park for 2 and 3 Jan 2008, but they are fully booked. Are there any other camping places near by?

We have booked to stay in Kondomo on 5 and 6 Jan 2008, so are looking forward to making a day trip of caching in the kloof.

Spent Saturday night at Homestead and all I can say is you will not be disapointed.

We can probably make those dates in PE Vespax.

As per previous post, we will be in PE for 2 to 3 weeks this December.

If I plant a few caches arounf PE, would some of local cachers be willing to maintain them for me?

Does this mean we should set a date for the event? <_< How about just before the 25th? like GO said, 22nd or 23rd?

Let's do this than. Maybe an hour or two to say hi and wish happy holidays.

Sugestions on locations? I will be in Walmer, which is sort of center PE, but can probably get out somewhere else if needs be.

Happy to host the event. Can even just grab something at a cafe.

Sugestions on locations? I will be in Walmer, which is sort of center PE, but can probably get out somewhere else if needs be.

I am OK for 23rd. Anywhere in PE will be OK

I am OK for 23rd. Anywhere in PE will be OK

If there is a event around the 23rd we will be there! :)

How about Happy Valey? but anywhere in PE is fine with us. We should be able to find it :)

Regards

Anton