Oh god of Geocaching ethics.....

aggiejwp

Today I visited a cache in which there were three TB's that were in the cache. I wasn't aware they were at the time, but I had a quick thought that I would tkae the 3 TB's from the cache and bring the three tomorrow that I have at home that have been in my possession for more than two weeks. I know that I have been in need of getting rid of those TB's lately, and felt like this was a sure answer. I am a TB freak and don't want to create a culture that I am a bad GC'er.

What do you think, crew?

Today I visited a cache in which there were three TB's that were in the cache. I wasn't aware they were at the time, but I had a quick thought that I would tkae the 3 TB's from the cache and bring the three tomorrow that I have at home that have been in my possession for more than two weeks. I know that I have been in need of getting rid of those TB's lately, and felt like this was a sure answer. I am a TB freak and don't want to create a culture that I am a bad GC'er.

What do you think, crew?

As TB's aren't trade items, I say you take the 3 in the cache, and then place all 6 you have in caches that will help them along their way! :ph34r:

What do you think, crew?

I see no problem at all. They are meant to travel. :ph34r:

What do you think, crew?

TBs are not considered to be trade items, but rather, cachers are asked to move them on their way. So, from my perspective, you did fine, but no need to place your three TBs from home in the cache; rather, you are free to place any of the TBs wherever you wish.

It's people like you posters that ruin the travel bug game for the rest of us. How dare you think it's ok to take ALL of the travelbugs in a cache when there are folks who might have traveled hours just for the chance to pick up a bug which they'd never seen.

If you can't trade 2 bugs for 1 that you're removing out of the cache, then you have no business picking up a travel bug.

And to the poster who ruins hotels by taking multiple bugs out, SHAME ON YOU!!! What's the point of a TB hotel if there's a chance there might be less bugs in it? Sheesh. I wish you people would quit taking all of the fun out of this game.

P.S.

In case you didn't see it, all of the above post is completely sarcastic. We can't have a thread in these forums maintain the level of agreement that this one is running. :)

As everyone has stated, TBs are not for trading...if you can help move some along, go for it.

What do you think, crew?

As others have said, TBs are not "trade items", so feel free to take as many as you want if you can move them along in a timely fashion.

On the other hand, I like to leave a TB in a cache if I am taking one or more TBs, just in case there is another cacher behind me who might be coming to this cache specifically because a TB was listed (and before I have had a chance to log my retrieval). Just my own personal style.