Dropping TB while on a trip

Rhialto

Hi,

Topic says it all... I'm leaving for Las Vegas in 2 days and I plan to drop 2 TB. How does it work when you can't log the drop before you get back home 4 days later? Someone may have time to pick it up before I log the drop.

I never had that problem when caching around town since as soon as I drop I log it.

Thank you in advance.

We dropped a few bugs in caches when we were on vacation a couple of weeks ago. We left little sticky notes on them listing the date that we dropped them and the date that we planned to be home to log them.

ditto. And the people who found the coins before I got back home were nice enough to wait for me, too.

Putting a little note on the TB letting subsequent finders know when you can log the TB is a good idea. When I was traveling, I found WiFi hotspots, or city libraries, where I could stop to log the trackables I picked up. I needed a little break from the road anyway, and thought it was important to log some of the trackables I picked up, like the White Jeep TB and a Green Jeep TB, as soon as I could.

When travelling in Europe, I grabbed a bunch of TB's and left some as well. We didn't have as much internet access as we thought we would, so we fell way behind on TB drop/grabs. Mostly it was OK, but on about 5% of the TB's, it got a little messy when folks grabbed before they should have.

I onced took a TB from Cache A, and placed it into Cache B on the same day, and when I went to log it that evening, it was already showing up as being in a Cache C, by someone else. Their note even said 'this should have been in Cache A'.

I would probably wait a few days to log a TB if it was somewhere where it wasn't thought to be. But the longer the wait, the more chance that the same thing will happen again - especially with geocoins traveling more frequently then other TBs.

In my case, I ended up just 'discovring' the coin. That seemed the most logical choice.

:) Ahoy!! I myself when I travel, before I leave my abode, go on to the GC page I'm planing to drop them into- and do just that drop them in b4 I get there, leaving a note on the TB page that I'm coming into the area and the physical drop will happen at a later time.. :D Edited by Capt Biggins