AGT Alleghaney Geotrail

Pirate & Crafty

Unfortunately, the pocket query generator doesn't have a keyword feature.

The best solution is for one of the AGT project organizers to create a master shared bookmark list of all the AGT caches, and then keep it up to date by adding the new ones as they're published. Any premium member can then run their own pocket query for that bookmark list.

Thanks Keystone. Erie Scouter (SP) Suggested that to me today when we ran into him at a cache.

The best solution is for one of the AGT project organizers to create a master shared bookmark list of all the AGT caches, and then keep it up to date by adding the new ones as they're published. Any premium member can then run their own pocket query for that bookmark list.

Ooooh... it would be nice if they added a bookmark list like that!

It is pretty easy to separate the caches by keyword in GSAK, as an alternate method.

Ooooh... it would be nice if they added a bookmark list like that!

It is pretty easy to separate the caches by keyword in GSAK, as an alternate method.

Here ya go!

http://www.geocaching.com/bookmarks/view.a...32-fa19ef884f33

There are now 92 AGT caches! I picked up my Crawford County coin yesterday. It's great!

This project has brought many new cachers into the game. Also, it has fired up the old cachers. Most of these caches are getting 5-7 finds a day! Everyone wants to get their passport stamped! :D

The last word is that four counties have coins, and the others are validating passports and will mail your coin to you. Several counties will have coins around the end of October, the rest by the end of November. Don't hurry, as there will be plenty of coins to go around. No word on when the regional coin is coming out.

Grab them up! :)

The last word is that four counties have coins, and the others are validating passports and will mail your coin to you. Several counties will have coins around the end of October, the rest by the end of November. Don't hurry, as there will be plenty of coins to go around. No word on when the regional coin is coming out.

Grab them up! :)

There's 1000 coins per county. I don't think that they will run out of them before at least end of summer 2008.

I know this thread is supposed to be about pocket queries....but.... :D

Does anyone know of any alternate locations to pick up the passports other than those listed on the "official" site (and/or to pick up coins). I'm only up for the weekend, and almost all of them are NOT open on weekends. Kind of strange since I assume that is when most people recreate and would want park information, etc...

Some of them are supposed to be open Saturdays and Sundays, but apparently not this late in October.

I just called Chapman State Park and they said their office is not open this weekend even though it says it is open on weekends on the official list. I'm not sure I can even get a passport while I'm here :rolleyes: The very nice guy at Chapman (who answered is phone at 10:30 pm) said he would be around tomorrow after 3pm, but I was really hoping to get a passport first thing in the morning so I can start visiting caches.

Any suggestions?

I know this thread is supposed to be about pocket queries....but.... :D

Does anyone know of any alternate locations to pick up the passports other than those listed on the "official" site (and/or to pick up coins). I'm only up for the weekend, and almost all of them are NOT open on weekends. Kind of strange since I assume that is when most people recreate and would want park information, etc...

Some of them are supposed to be open Saturdays and Sundays, but apparently not this late in October.

I just called Chapman State Park and they said their office is not open this weekend even though it says it is open on weekends on the official list. I'm not sure I can even get a passport while I'm here :rolleyes: The very nice guy at Chapman (who answered is phone at 10:30 pm) said he would be around tomorrow after 3pm, but I was really hoping to get a passport first thing in the morning so I can start visiting caches.

Any suggestions?

If you find out let me know. I also wish you could get one mailed to you. I don't see the issue with getting one mailed. You till have to stamp the book so having passports circulated doesn't cheat anything. I would like to shoot up on a weekend but you'll have to wait for someone to open up on Saturday before you got the book.

If you find out let me know. I also wish you could get one mailed to you. I don't see the issue with getting one mailed. You till have to stamp the book so having passports circulated doesn't cheat anything. I would like to shoot up on a weekend but you'll have to wait for someone to open up on Saturday before you got the book.

I went to Potter County. The Potter County Outfitters is a hunting store...they are open Saturdays from 9am to 4pm and they had passports AND coins (and they were very friendly and helpful). I didn't get there until 10:15 and I was still able to get the six closest caches and got back by 3:20, before they closed. Woo Hoo...I got a coin! The most I was hoping for was maybe getting two on this trip, so that was a start.

I think McKean County might be the only other one open on weekends in terms of getting the coins. The Kane Depot for McKean County is open saturdays and sundays, according to the sheet, but only for a few hours each day. I don't know if they have their coins yet either, but I guess they will mail them.

I'm not sure about Warren County, I guess they are no longer open on weekends, but I may try to hunt someone down at Chapman State Park tomorrow if I am able to finish 6 Warren caches.

So...if you are an out of towner only coming up for the weekend, I would suggest Potter and maybe McKean. I'll have to get up here for a longer trip when I actually have vacation days again :)

Well just to say, on a previous reply they said that you should do potter or mckean county so that you can get the caches and the coin and the same time. Well, Elk county wouldn't be bad on the weekends because the Ridgeway Welcome center is open on saturdays from 10:00am to sometime between 2-4pm (don't remember of hand) to pick up the coin. So keep elk county in mind :D

i just validated my passport for all 10 counties

the following coins are in: :rolleyes:

cameron county

clarion county

crawford county

potter county

venango county

warren county

bluejay said that all coins should be in around thanksgiving

you can get your coins validated at oil region alliance in oil city (they are doing all counties and as far as i know)

the coins are awesome and i am anxious for them to be discovered :o

you can also go to:

alleghenygeotrail.com for all available AGT caches

for querries-have been using either guyute's or h20bob's list sometimes paracers. sometimes search with keyword. have also used the geotrail website to get to the cache I'm looking for. thanks for the project. has been fun. hope the results are favorable as far as promoting tourism and spending money in those counties. I'm planning on some summer trips back to these counties. potter is ranked as one of my favorites along with venango. my favorite caches so far have been in these 2 counties.

All the rest of the coins arrived this morning at the oil region alliance head quarters at/ 206 seneca st. oil city pa.1-814-677-3152 ext.121We made the trip to pick up the 6 coins we needed this afternoon,all 10 coins look great!!!!been waiting since we finished all 10 counties off oct 14th ,well worth the wait!!!so glad they had one place to pick up all 10 coins !!!cant wait to pick up the 11th coin.wait till all you geocachers see these coins ,there awsome!!!!!

All the rest of the coins arrived this morning at the oil region alliance head quarters at/ 206 seneca st. oil city pa.1-814-677-3152 ext.121We made the trip to pick up the 6 coins we needed this afternoon,all 10 coins look great!!!!been waiting since we finished all 10 counties off oct 14th ,well worth the wait!!!so glad they had one place to pick up all 10 coins !!!cant wait to pick up the 11th coin.wait till all you geocachers see these coins ,there awsome!!!!!

Do you know what days/hours the oil region alliance headquarters are open? (for future reference). I may not get back for a few months, but I do still need to do Venango and some of the other western counties.

Do you know what days/hours the oil region alliance headquarters are open? (for future reference). I may not get back for a few months, but I do still need to do Venango and some of the other western counties.

The Allegheny GeoTrail Website will have the most up to date information, and also has the phone number to the ORA office, so that you can call ahead of time...

Linky