Thanksgiving (Harvest Day) Geocoin Mission

CinemaBoxers

1. Participating - email sent 9/29/07

2. Received Name - 10/16/07 - Research has begun !

3. Mission Complete - Mailed 11/8/07

4. Package Received - RECEIVED 11/8/07

After sending my mission from the post office today, I came home to find an envelope

in my mailbox. Wow, a package all the way from Sweden (and according to the post mark

it only took 4 days) ! I quckly ran in the house, got the scissors and cut open the envelope.

Received some really nice coins.

Here's what I got:

Huskies Geocoin (very nice coin & I love dogs)

Swedish Geocoin 2007 (Swedish Inventions) - (This is an interesting coin...learned that safety matches,

dynamite, the propeller, ball bearings, and the adjustable wrench were all invented in Sweden)

A "Guardian Angel" and "One Day at a Time" inspirational token

and a Solan109 wooden nickel.

Thanks so much Solan109 for the coins :blink::huh:

fallpilg01.gif

Participating - Email sent 10/14/07 :huh:

Received Name - Received 10/16/07 Now the fun part starts! :D

Since I didn't have anything my mission was seeking, I now am in the middle of trades. So I thought it was time to think about packaging. OH BOY! So many ideas!

Mission Complete - Mission in the mail tomorrow! :)

I have been shopping for the last two days for Thanksgiving items to stuff my package with. :laughing: Not a thing can be found. Lots of left over Halloween and Christmas fills every shelf.... But no Thanksgiving and it is still two weeks away! :mad: Next year I think I better start looking two week or more before Halloween!!!

Package Received

I'd have to agree, the holiday schedule here in the states is somewhat accelerated, to say the least. If you don't buy the stuff you need at least two holidays in advance, you'll be out of luck when the holiday actually arrives! :laughing:

Well, at least for all non-Christmas holidays after the summer leading up to the new year, that one has 365-day a year shops in so many places that I don't really consider it a "holiday" so much anymore as a "merchandise-year" :mad:

Finally rounded up all the goodies for my harvest missions, time to ship some boxes soon! :huh:

4. PACKAGE RECEIVED -- YES!

A conspicuous box, addressed to me and reply-addressed to me was in my mailbox today. Hmmm. What could it be!?!

Wow. Some great items here! And SOOO current. I am flabbergasted!

I found a Thanksgiving Day card, a business card, two small compasses, a pathtag, a beautiful pin from the October 6 Geocoinfest, and THREE geocoins ... A mosaic coin from the Oct 6 Geocoin Fest (boy did that come fast!), a Midwest Geobach '07 coin, and the TeamEccs21 personal coin. (And a TeamEccs21 coin that's traveling!)

Wow wow wow! This is great! I'm sure I'd never otherwise get ahold of ANY of these coins.

Thanks TeamEccs21! I am thankful for you, your generosity, CinemaBoxers and this mission, geocaching, geocoins, and my family (not necessarily in that order :laughing: ).

753a2e17-7d0c-4686-96c1-f6085634f27c.jpg

ad816524-da4d-4f4f-aad7-bcc8af389564.jpg

Mission I

1. Participating - email sent 2007/09/30

2. Received Name - 2007/10/16

3. Mission Complete - Packaging for shipment...

4. Package Received! - Received 2007/11/05 :laughing:

Mission II

4. Package Received!

Mission III

3. Mission Complete - Mailed (int'l priority) 2007/11/09

4. Package Received!

Mission IV

4. Package Received!

1. Participating - Yes

2. Received Name- yep

3. Mission Complete- mailed out 11/08/07

4. Package Received! woohoo got home and there it was looong distance too, all the way from Germany which is the home land for me and made this all the more to be thankful for. Received a Evil Micro and Flower of Life geocoin and one of the coolest looking coins a Walpurgis Event coin, couldnt have arrived on a better day had a rough day at the office so I just want to give a big Thanks

Mission #1

3. Mailed 11/08

Mission #2

3. Mailed 11/08

We have also received both packages and they were both really great! I just got back from yet another underway and will be posting pictures hopefuly this weekend. Thank you so much 4 Bows and Crowesfeet. You brightened my day!

1. Participating: yes, email sent

2. Received Name yes!!!

3. Mission Complete package mailed!! it has a ways to go, it is going OVERSEAS! And I hope it doesn't accidentaly come back as I just remembered the USPS man covering for my FAV counter person did not ask for the Customs form which is still in the bag I took everything to the PO in, :laughing: Wonder why United Kingdom doesn't have its own code?

Oh, Well anyone in UK hold your breath, and it will get to you :D

4. Package Received! Not YET :) But looking forward to it :D

Gee after reading that others made it overseas in 4-5 days I hope my package hasn't been lost. It was mailed on the 27th of Oct. may have to contact person direct if no post in the next few days. :D

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

1. Participating

2. Received Name

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

I finally got off my duff and shipped! I was hoping for a couple trades, but I haven't seen anything yet. So, to the recipients of my packages, I apologize if you already have these coins; but they'll still make for good trades!

Thanks for the fun, everyone, and thanks for the great coins!

Got the domestic missions boxed up last night and mailed out today! :rolleyes:

With the postal holiday, hopefully they'll arrive on Tuesday or Wednesday. ;)

Mission I

3. Mission Complete - Sent (priority mail) 2007/11/10

4. Package Received! - Received 2007/11/05 :o

Mission II

4. Package Received!

Mission III

3. Mission Complete - Mailed (int'l priority) 2007/11/09

4. Package Received!

Mission IV

4. Package Received!

Mission #1

3. Mailed 11/08

Mission #2

3. Mailed 11/08

We have also received both packages and they were both really great! I just got back from yet another underway and will be posting pictures hopefuly this weekend. Thank you so much 4 Bows and Crowesfeet. You brightened my day!

I sent my mission a few days before you and they just got it a couple days ago. I'm sure it is on it's way it is probably already there so it is probably just waiting to be delivered. I would give it at least one more week.

3. Mission Complete 11/10/07 - Better late than never, right? and its technically not late, just not at all early :o

Was thinking I was a few days before the cutoff, but after reading this, went back and read the fist post and realize I just squeaked in at the final day! :rolleyes: Was thinking the cutoff was somewhere in the teens, whoops.

We got our Thanksgiving mission package in the mail and already sent who got our name a huge thank you note. Have no camera so cant take pictures:(. But we have alot to be thankful for a have so many wonderful friends out here in this crazy world doing the sport we love called Geocaching.

sweetlife

1. Participating 10/2/07

2. Received Name 10/16/07

3. Mission Complete 11/10/07

4. Package recieved- 11/10/07

my mission came yesterday, and WOW, is all i can say.

in my HUGE package was:

Moscow32 geocoin

surfboard geocoin

Hectors Dolphin Geocoin

7 sig-items

a GC bracelet

and a patch

WOW, thank you so much!!!

1. Participating -sent e-mail

2. Received Name - 10/16

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

1. Participating -sent e-mail

2. Received Name -10/16

3. Mission Complete

4. Package Received!

Did some research on my two, trying to obtain a few coins that fit the profile...

Steel City Babes

I have sent an e-mail to my two recipients. I didn't forget, I was in the process of an unexpected move, which was a good thing and I am very thankful for....I will get your coins out by week's end...

Sorry to spoil the mystery for my two recipients.

Steel City Babes #8

Mission #1

1. Participating: Yes :D

2. Received Name: Yes :D

3. Mission Complete: :DYes! Shipped Internationally 11/08

4. Package received: :DYes! See Below!

Mission #2

1. Participating: Yes :laughing:

2. Received Name: Yes :D

3. Mission Complete: :DYes! Shipped Internationally 11/08

4. Package received: :DYes! See Below!

Received Mission: I received this on Thursday, including a Special Surprise! Thank you So Much,

Frozen Buns! Your Personal Coins are so Beautiful! I Love PathTags!

I thought I would never be able to get yourCoin, as I missed your Sale.

Was I ever Surprised, and Thrilled! Thank you! Thank you!

allie014yd7.jpg

Received Mission: I received this Today! Thank you so much, 3Doxies!

I can't believe You sent one of my Most HTF's, the Gold GeoCat! I was shocked.

Thanks for your Card and all of the beautiful coins... and Goodies!

Ben & I will certainly use the TB very soon! Thank you! You made my Day!

coins001wd1.jpg

coins004ti0.jpg

edited to remove the TB Number

Edited by Fluttershy

Wow, I received the most amazing package from Paula and Jim. Ohmygod you guys put a lot into it! Thank you soo much!!! First...I opened the box and on top was a chain of autumn leaves...and a cute boxer card :laughing: followed by four.. FOUR, beautiful handmade folded envelopes.... containing a Cinemaboxers 10th anniversary coin, a Fall into Caching Coin and pathtag!--I'd never seen one of these before--Beautiful coin!!! Four Cache Rewards coins!! and a Geocoindesign pin with a Cinemaboxers pathtag and a pathtag anniversary pathtag!!

Wow...I'm overwhelmed!! Wow... Thank you!!

I'll post pictures (when the boyfriend PolskiKrol lets me, I need to use his camera since mine broke)

1. Participating -- YES!!! :blink:

2. Received Name- Yep! 10-16-07 Researching!!

3. Mission Complete Yep! 11-10-07 International!

4. Package Received Yep 11-9-07

Great package too! I am sure I know who too! Thank you very much! It was a nicely wrapped homemade package of 4 coins!

Geocoin Chick(I like the blue best!)

Magellan Geocaching squad

Topo boots!(Gave up on getting one of these!)

DNF Trackable!

Thank you so very much! Once I find my Camera I will try to post a pic. The bag is very nicely done!

:blink::ph34r:

Wow!! What a great day for a package to arrive! Since Paula is out to lunch and caching with a friend, I got the full joy of opening this package uninterrupted. I did however document the occurance with a full pictorial.

EDIT: I have to post this in multiple posts due to the limitation GS has set for max photos per post.

Although I am on dialup, I have decided the pictures were well worth the bandwidth usage for all to see. Now, I know who my mission sender was since I sent out the missions to all; so I blurred out the sending city and the delivery confirmation number so ya'll can guess. The book included is the only clue you shall receive ~ well, you'll probably guess in no time. But I did want to say to the sender - Thank you so much. So... on with the pictorial:

1. The Box

1.jpg

2. The opening of the box:

2.jpg

3. Since I saw things in the box that could potentially 'spill' out (pear and grape mylar confetti), I felt compelled to 'de-box' the contents VERY carefully...

3.jpg

4. Along each side of the box, I noticed something peculiar... so I took them out and laid them on the deck for all to see:

4.jpg

end part 1

begin part 2

5. After removing all the wadded up paper, being extremely careful to not spill out the confetti, I was left staring at a nicely wrapped little package inside a very cute Pumpkin (a "Coinacopia" if you will) atop a very nice picture book:

5.jpg

6.jpg

7. The little package revealed it's secrets... not 1, not 2, not 3, not 4 - but 5 individually wrapped packages:

7.jpg

8. Thought I would plug the 3 coin manufacturers here for good measure:

8.jpg

9. Will the mission sender please reveal your shirt! :unsure:

9.jpg

10. Now, for the card... Side 1: "Thanksgiving wishes for you"

10.jpg

inside text: "May your heart be filled with thankfullness... May your home be filled with joy."

11.jpg

With personalized cursive "I'm thankful for the virtual travels I take by reading logs for my traveling coins. Hope you enjoy your 'Harvest' ".

All I can say is WOW - you have really outdone yourself and Paula and I are grateful. This was an exemplary display of giving and shall serve as an example of the kindness in the hearts of strangers.

Thank you so much!

~J

As promised, pictures from the excellent package we received from ITALY !!

What a package from ITALY !! The cool heart shaped Love bag had lots of Love stuff in it. One of my favorite little people is going to love receiving this bag!!!

2d94dbb5-4563-496c-afaf-d95edc9b2bac.jpg

Some of the contents of the heart package, pencil sharpener, eraser, pencil, scissors and pad. Fun !!

And see the cool micro cache container? Maybe all of them have an inner liner now, but I haven't seen them locally yet.

Oh, and did I mention getting two coins from my seeking list? Excellent job !!

40954bff-ecb2-4c8c-b1f4-891c65facaa7.jpg

We have a real weakness for foreign coins and have to admit that our very favorite is tuppence. That's because of Mary Poppins and "Feed the Birds, tuppence a bag". There was tuppence in this collection. Most excellent!

And two Geocaching.IT patches. I think I am going to have to start sewing cool patches on my cache bag.

b93c90b6-7bdc-45be-9755-81d2fa1ad530.jpg

And I forgot to mention another cool wirting pad and that the coins were in an breath mint tin that will make another cool cache container.

A really wonderful mission package !!! Thanks so very much !!!

Received a package today from Denmark. How appropriate since last name is Dutch.

Received three coins

1- a evil micro

2-event coin- Stadtme/Sterschafft Fasanerie Event, on the back are the words teamplay, cleverness, speed and fitness-have to guess a competition event. Very nice.

3-A beautiful black nickel Walpurgis event. Great coin, I will have to investigate about that event to learn more about the coin.

Try to upload the picture: Oh, frustrating, can't figure out how to do this. HELP

Edited by accordiongal

Arriving home tonight I discovered a large package waiting for me on the kitchen counter! My folks said it came while I was out with my friend, what could it be? Well there's Thanksgiving stickers all over it, and the return address reveals some impressive detective work! I open it up and there's confetti and packaging inside so I scoop it out and reveal some paper characters, a card, a book, and a weaved turkey basket filled with five small wrapped packages inside! WOW I can't believe all the great gifts I got - inside the turkey basket there was a Canadian Puck Micro, Pearlwind Oyster, Sputnik, dflye Jersey, and a Cachoshpere! Thank you so much dflye, you went waaaayy above and beyond! I still can't believe how much you sent me!

2010214963_050e84731e.jpg

2010214981_3453d625c9.jpg

2010214983_207e1fd221.jpg2010215003_06e3f62476.jpg

I received my packge from my very generous secet person! Sorry, no camera, so you just have to trust me that what they were in was decorated nicely and there was a card, also. . . . Oh, I suppose you want to know what I got . . . :lol:

1. dwprods mini shell

2. Hawaii mini coin

3.Slovak Geocoin (they are Big And Heavy)

4. iCache geocoin

AND

5.2007 South Carolina

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

fallpilg01.gif

Participating - Email sent 10/14/07 :)

Received Name - Received 10/16/07

Mission Complete - Mission mailed 11/09/07 :)

Package Received - Harvest Mission Received 11/14/07

I hadn't been to the PO for a few day and was excited when I saw a package with cool harvest sticker all over it. I could hardly wait to get home to open it. Once home all other mail was tossed aside. There was only one thing on my mind and that was opening that package! :lol:

Inside... was a bag of yummy Jelly Belly Beans (my favorite :) ), a great magnetic note pad and little harvest box filled with golden goodies with it's own personal turkey messenger.

HarvestMission-1.jpg

That little turkey was hauling four wonderful coins. :)

GeoTrucker

Two Happy Hikers

Team Sand Dollar GeoTag

Buffalo Wings GeoTag

IMG_4201.jpg

I want to say a big THANKS and a thanksgivingandleaves.gif to my Secret Mission Harvester!

A wonderful Thanksgiving Mission arrived at my doorstep. Hmm . . . confetti on the welcome mat. Confetti on the floor. Where is this stuff coming from? :) Lots of holiday stickers adorned the package and a lovely card inside. Thank you to my mission sender -- I am enjoying the Harvest! Confetti went flying as I pulled the contents out of the box -- a pumpkin basket that I love, Thanksgiving cut-outs that will go to school tomorrow, and the most beautiful book Blue Ridge Parkway Wonder and Light with photos of North Carolina and Virginia. :) And, if that wasn't enough, there were coins -- a Paperless Caching, a Notorious Geocacher, a Landsharkz red/yellow lizard, a #10 Hockey Jersey, and a Micro Puck! Every one a keeper, and I love them all! :lol: Thank you so much Thanksgiving Mission mystery sender. I am so thankful for wonderful people like you, and although it's been said before, I'll say it again, "You Rock!!!" :)

I took pictures on top of some photos from the Blue Ridge Parkway book. I had to include the second one. Someone else takes pictures of hay bales besides me! I love looking at hay fields, and I love those round bales! :)

7a223b78-c882-4125-adbe-a1935887eb11.jpg

eef1f7c7-0b8f-4925-afb6-0782b15c6021.jpg

:D Thank you, Thanksgiving Mystery sender! :D

I got an amazing Package today!!!! Thanks to my secret friend.

Due to alot of unfortunate personal issues going on in the homefront my missions are a little late. I promise to get them out. Just had some unforeseen stuff come about, thats actually made me stop trading as well.

So if you havent recieved yours I am deeply sorry and trying to get these out!

I got an awesome box today!!!

Themed: Things I am thankful for.

#1 My Country: 2007 Geocache America

#2 Enough food for my family: Ammo Can Peanut Butter Jar

#3 My Caching Rig: THX4TC Black Jeep

#4 My Tunes: Pink/Black Nickel Icache

#5 My Forum Friends: Black Nickel Flying Spaghetti Monster

5 great coins I didn't have! THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!

oh yea, Thanks again my secret Turkey!!

1. Participating...email sent

2. Received Name...10/16/07

3. Mission Complete - research done, trades made - I am pretty sure my recipient will like their package thanks to all of the wonderful people who made trades with me!!!

4. Package Received - Yes!

I had been gone for a few days - Neil Young was performing in Chicago, IL. He is my boyfriend's favorite so we made a trip of it and went to the concert on Monday and Tuesday night! When we got back I had a package from Germany waiting for me. Inside where 4 carefully wrapped packages. One contained a micro cache, logbook and pencil - I have never seen this design before. An other package contained a "Travel Slug" - An other coin which I do not have! The third package contained a Red Laptop - This is such a cool coin! The fourth package contained a copper Earth Turtle :laughing: WOW!!! I usually activate and release ALL of my geocoins (I even have a Four Seasons Phoenix geocoin traveling), but I may have to make a small exception in this case. I love the copper turtle!!! (I repeat to myself "I will not become a collector. I will not become a collector") Also in the package some great Steinwalzer tokens - which my 6 year old has already grabbed for his "geocoin collection" and some geocaching stickers. I will have to check out this geodrift.com - I have never heard about it before.

Thanks for the wonderful package Steinwalzer!!! If I become a coin collector now I will know who to blame. :(

1. Participating...email sent Oct 6

2. Received Name yes

3. Mission Complete sent Nov 4

4. Package Received Nov 16

Thank you so much Mike and Mandy :(

I got a turkey table ornament, filled with dried flowers and fir cones - very beautiful and 3 coins:

Future coin

Surfboard coin

Signal geocoin(Germany)

They are all new to me, thank you :laughing:

560f61a4-f22d-4d13-9eb9-0415baacff25.jpg

As promised here are the pictures of our Thanksgiving missions! 4Bows sent us the above decorated box. Inside was a really cute scarecrow decoration and a Thanksgiving turkey kitchen decoration, a turkey candle, a MWGB poker geocoin, Utah geocoin (I had never seen this one before!), a glow and glitter Karma geocoin and a 4Bows personal geocoin. An awesome package!

242f24c0-08e5-45f6-ac8b-35c6fc8dfe44.jpg

The first mission we receivec from Crowesfeet! Inside was the little basket, crow-scarecrow bell (how cute!), an earth turtle, a scottish thistle, and two cute little GW5 Geochics!!

Both were really great packages thank you so much 4Bows and Crowesfeet!

1. Participating -> email sent 10/14

2. Received Name -> 10/17 (Yay-they have a list!) :D

3. Mission Complete -> package sent!

4. Package Received! -> Yes! And it was awesome!

I received on Wed. 11/14 from 0R0B0RUS

1. 0R0B0RUS 2007 Geotag

2. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Geocoin

3. Nickel Happy Thanksgiving Horn of Plenty Geocoin

4. Wire Wrapped Anza-Borrego Desert - San Diego County Geocachers Geocoin!!

I'm so lucky to receive a beautiful work of art!

:D:D:D